Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how you feel my friend, I am guilty of it everyday and that's when my trades fail. But it has to become robotic/mechanical ........and that is when i hit my targets and make my profits!!

We are human and we make mistakes as its our innate nature but we can minimise those mistakes and that's when you will start to see the profits.

Do not impose your opinion on your analysis, let your analysis impose its opinion on you!!

Then trade and watch your results get better my friend

Tried to rep you but it says i gotta spread it around! Good advice, thanks :)

what's your analysis on the easyjet call WS?

i have it breaking down through (@ 290) an up trend line that started nov '08...the breach point is also exactly through my 125ma.

a stop of 240 leaves 30p hit from 270, which means to keep a p&l ratio of 2:1 you'd be looking at a target of 330p?

Last edited:
Would any of you consider buying Rio as it is in an uptrend and got severly battered today, it should pull back in the last hour of trading shouldn't it?

I am a real newbie so any help on why this would work/not work would be great!

Would any of you consider buying Rio as it is in an uptrend and got severly battered today, it should pull back in the last hour of trading shouldn't it?

I am a real newbie so any help on why this would work/not work would be great!

Ahh well looks like it would have been a good idea! If only I'd just done it!

Ahh well looks like it would have been a good idea! If only I'd just done it!

i don't see a good deal, yet.

considering it's been in a downtrend for the past week, i would have thought most people would have been shorting it hitting its short period MA's. in a long TF you could argue it might be nearing the bottom of a swing, but you would have to have clear confirmation from multiple indicators.

it's currently respecting a large up trend line starting 4th march, it's showing some promising bullish oscillator divergence, but only on a 10min TF.

i've done no S&R, but i can't see enough buy signals yet. if it closed around 2550 you could maybe add one more signal with a potential 2 bar key reversal...just keep an eye on it.

remember, don't buy things when they're in a down trend, wait for a clear up trend.

Last edited:
barc hit today

Attachments

• barclook.gif
    barclook.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Good for a recovery, bounce even or more weakness as the xlf crumbles?

I think it may drop below 2 without looking at the charts just because its risen so quick.
Any further is debatable and subject to longer term, I thought they might be doing rights past june and theres no divi till year end so its not bottomed yet imo but its always worth considering weakness as an opportunity (longer term)

Hi, Im new here and although Ive been trading for some time I would definately consider myself a Rookie trader of the lowest order !

Im thinking that this morning is another little rally before further sell offs today and have set a target to sell the FTSE at 4370 based on my chart work, trading central (IG index), winning dow & francis finley pivot at 4370 ..

Anybody got a view ? Many thanks

what's your analysis on the easyjet call WS?

i have it breaking down through (@ 290) an up trend line that started nov '08...the breach point is also exactly through my 125ma.

a stop of 240 leaves 30p hit from 270, which means to keep a p&l ratio of 2:1 you'd be looking at a target of 330p?

nice bounce on Easyjet today

I got in early doors

nice bounce on Easyjet today

I got in early doors

yeah, another good call WS! i looked at it yesterday, it had a slight rally and then fizzled out. nice 7-8% profit from 270p so far, you still in WS?

shame i didn't put anything behind it, i don't like taking tips, i just don't see it as a sensible thing to do if one hasn't got the skill to confirm it for oneself.

yeah, another good call WS! i looked at it yesterday, it had a slight rally and then fizzled out. nice 7-8% profit from 270p so far, you still in WS?

target was 288 , highs of 11th and 12 th May ............I have trailing stop loss 286

one of the important factors for me buying it was oil price break out to the downside

FTSE looking good for a short position. Tested the 38.2% retracement of yesterdays fall a few times, I'm short from 4324

Status
Not open for further replies.