Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting read

He( Paul Tudor Jones) said:

I see the younger generation [of hedge fund managers] hampered by the need to understand and rationalize why something should go up or down. Usually, by the time that becomes self-evident, the move is already over.

When I got into the business, there was so little information on fundamentals, and what little information one could get was largely imperfect. We learned just to go with the chart. Why work when Mr. Market can do it for you?

These days, there are many more deep intellectuals in the business, and that, coupled with the explosion of information on the Internet, creates the illusion that there is an explanation for everything.. There are young men and women graduating from college who have a tremendous work ethic, but they get lost trying to understand the logic behind a whole variety of market moves. [At the end of a bull market or bear market] there's typically no logic to it; irrationality reigns supreme, and no class can teach you what to do during that brief, volatile, reign.

Read this, and read it again...and when done, read it again. There is wisdom here. We are, in our opinion, seeing the end of the reign of the model driven, computer driven, ex-phsyics professor driven era of trading, and we are seeing a return to thematic, macro driven trading instead. The era of the quant is likely behind us; the return to the era of the likes of Julian Robertson and Paul Tudor Jones lies ahead. Rather than computer driven trading we are going to see thematic driven trading once again, and we take solace in that notion.

Morning

I think that the markets have succeeded in scaring away the average investor and they need to make things easier/saner again to rope in new victims.

R

Rio tinto could be a good play at the open due to the chinalco news

http://www.advfn.com/p.php?pid=nmona&cb=1237358441&article=36916537&symbol=L^RIO

Morning

I think that the markets have succeeded in scaring away the average investor and they need to make things easier/saner again to rope in new victims.

R

good morning my friend

volatile, fast and furious.............................today will be no different!!!

mining sector will be a drag today, oil prices reaching a peak of $49 could be due a pull back and oil sector may fall with it.......

Banks hold the key, can they sustain the rally, I'm inclined to think no?

good morning everyone,
I am looking for a set up before I go to work :) it will probably not happen but at least I am trying.

Anyway, yesterday was very quiet for me, I managed to scalp 10 points but that's about it, I was to scared to lose money and didn't enter any trades.

I hope you have a good day of trading guys and thanks for keeping this thread interesting.

currently looking at Vodafone multiple time frames for short entry

any views my friends

possible short @ 125/126/127/128.............

will have to see how it develops

Attachments

• vod1.png
    vod1.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 149
  • vod2.png
    vod2.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 153
  • vod3.png
    vod3.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 139
barclays 100 on the cards

anybody disagree , agree?

I am unsure at present................

Attachments

• 8.44.png
    8.44.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 141
A fall to 844 would be a complete 50% retrace from the recent top and October's low.

900, 891/2, 874 and then 843/4 are critical supports.

Personally I think we will see a visit to 900....but I am a complete novice. As it is options expiration day anything can happen.

I am bearish both short and medium term.

Yes indeed I was thinking the same

I will post analysis later

but 910 important level in the near term

good morning my friend

volatile, fast and furious.............................today will be no different!!!

mining sector will be a drag today, oil prices reaching a peak of $49 could be due a pull back and oil sector may fall with it.......

Banks hold the key, can they sustain the rally, I'm inclined to think no?

looks like RIO tinto is to blame for the fall, oil/gas sector selling off like expected

chartcraft saying today that the nas 100 and russ 2000 posted peak kdr.yesterday
kdr=key day reversals.a candle formation..equates to profit taking
they are saying that these point to a deeper pullback
get the fib calcualtors out

Status
Not open for further replies.