Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

I am currently on holiday , there is a 4hr time difference so I send my game plan in advance as I have to adjust my trading style accordingly. This gives everyone ample time to understand bias change and read analysis and learn prior to the move ........

UK = 15.00

abroad = 19.00

When I get back on 22nd then I will start trading @ 7am...I will then send instant text message alerts and live commentary explaining why the market is moving in a particular direction

I see, a member of our family is on same timezone at the moment cant say I would like to holiday there but guess if your in training then thats the place

Re: Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

i am short ftse from 5366 , upto 5386 if need be

avg = 5376 region

stop loss = 5406

tgt = 5340 , 5330, 5320

alcoa and slovak vote should lead us lower .........

aus/eur @ resistance along with copper weakness and oil resistance

ftse closed + 30 target hit

Can i ask why you changed you stance on this trade? It was looking as though the targets were going to be hit. But your first target of 5340 was not triggered and the market reversed heading back to your stop loss.
What did you see that made you pull the plug?

Also if the Troika report is hawkish next week, will that change the view of your armageddon part 2 scenario?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

NOOOOOOO! My trade with Capital Spreads was stopped out, but on checking my limit order and e-mail confirmations, I don't believe it should have been. Their price went down to 5344.5 and my limit order was for 5340. This should have been honoured, right? I shall contact them...

Is yesterday's Nasdaq still running? Mine was stopped out.

EDIT: After an embarrassing conversation with a friendly chap at Capital Spreads, he advised me that I was indeed short and that 5340 was not hit. My second schoolboy error of the week!

So, along with timgroom and reksa, I am now properly confused, rather than mistakenly confused. Should we have closed the position before the target was reached, or did whatever platform you trade reach the target? :S

Last edited:

Yup, not sure what's happened on this trade. Target was just missed and trade was stopped out.

Why did you close early WS?

I went to do some research today

I was visiting a parrot breeding farm , a beautiful place .....

they had parrots from Brazil , Australia , South Africa......some of the most exotic birds in the world !!

Amazing place ....

wow...that sounds amazing.

Did you take any pictures?

Yup, not sure what's happened on this trade. Target was just missed and trade was stopped out.

Why did you close early WS?

R:R is always 1:1......therefore stop loss = 30 points , minimum target = 30 points

stop loss was 5406 from average entry 5376(i managed avg entry = 5378) = 30 points , hence 5346 = 1st target.

I just share my trades and direction ......Its up to people to manage there own trades if they wish to follow. On this occasion stop loss was not hit and trade was + 30 , worst case scenario should be b/e if you have good trade management.

When I am back home I usually send instant text message alerts on every move I make.

This is how I operate my friend when I am trading normally and back in UK

1. text message sent on entry instantly

2. commentary and explanation for taking my position

3. text message instantly if I see a bias change and need to exit or stop loss b/e .......stop loss is b/e always after + 10 or +15 points !!

hope that clarifies

I've got a parrot - a male Eclectus. They are quite amazing! They're very intelligent and he can hold a fairly basic conversation. He lives with the in-laws at the moment whilst the building work is going on, but I can't wait to have him back here with me. I can't find any pics on my laptop to post, but then we're not here for parrots. Any more set-ups coming our way today, or is it safe to leave my desk and walk the dog? : )

R:R is always 1:1......therefore stop loss = 30 points , minimum target = 30 points

stop loss was 5406 from average entry 5376(i managed avg entry = 5378) = 30 points , hence 5346 = 1st target.

I just share my trades and direction ......Its up to people to manage there own trades if they wish to follow. On this occasion stop loss was not hit and trade was + 30 , worst case scenario should be b/e if you have good trade management.

When I am back home I usually send instant text message alerts on every move I make.

3. text message instantly if I see a bias change and need to exit or stop loss b/e .......stop loss is b/e always after + 10 or +15 points !!

hope that clarifies

Sure. That makes sense to me. Thanks WS.

hope that clarifies

Sorry WS, but I'm going to have to stop you there. I questioned this very point with you via e-mail on another trade the other day. I asked "Do you hold out for a higher entry point within the 5340 and 5360 range, or are you just short from 5340? Sorry for the noobie questions. : )"

Your reply is at odds to what you have just said. Your reply was:

"What I give is a zone for everyone to enter a short with me

I then target that zone to average into a short ......I usually short 4-5 contracts on CFD's so I enter initially and then average in depending on the market volatility etc

regardless of average my stop loss always remains the same = important point

I always average in and average out as nobody is able to catch tops and bottoms but we can get a good average of it "

I take that to mean that regardless of entry point, the stop loss on your live calls via e-mail/text message is the stop loss for that trade and it does not change.

Sorry to press this issue, but I do not believe these statements are compatible with each other. Your critics will see this as you moving your stop to make your trade work in hindsight.

I remain confused. :S

Last edited:

yeah pls clarify this. you said yr target was in one place, then you moved it

can you you at least acknowledge that?

hope that clarifies

Hi Wallstreet, hope you dont think peeps are getting at you for your trade today.
I think its good you share your trades and most importantly you analysis.

The point i was trying to make was i get your 1:1 ratio which. So plus 30 hit all good. But you have indicated you fully closed instead of averaging out at your lower targets. I was also short at the open but i closed flat.

I was asking what alerted you to close fully?

i am short ftse from 5448 , upto 5468 if need be

avg = 5458

stop loss = 5508

tgt = 5408 = 5400 region = target doesnt have to be precise so long as it meets criteria of 1:1 ...the market may fall very quickly and exceed 5400 !

yeah pls clarify this. you said yr target was in one place, then you moved it

can you you at least acknowledge that?

as explained my friend

stop loss = 30 points

tgt = 30 points minimum as R:R = 1:1

ftse hit + 30 @ 5346 tgt ..........you can call it a typing error as 1st target should have been 5346 if avg = 5376 therefore stop loss = 5406 !! Hence + 30 @ 5346 !! hence profit taken as criteria of 1:1 is hit .

hence taken profit of 2/3 .......last 1/3 was left @ b/e!!

I am a day trader so I will adapt to market environment , I am not rigid or stubborn. Be like water my friend ,be formless .......just move like water !!

let the market dictate direction .....once you see bias change based on your variables you must move quickly !!

let the market dictate , never dictate to it ..

OK let me ask this question to everyone ?

study this chart ?

10 mins ftse

once ftse gets to

1. previous horizontal support

2. 75% retrace

would you close your short trade and take profit ?

of course you would, because you know there is support there.......

and that is what I did....I am not stringent !! I just move with the market

Attachments

• FTSE 100 (DFB)10m.png
    FTSE 100 (DFB)10m.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 137

i am short ftse from 5448 , upto 5468 if need be

avg = 5458

stop loss = 5508

tgt = 5408 = 5400 region = target doesnt have to be precise so long as it meets criteria of 1:1 ...the market may fall very quickly and exceed 5400 !

Hello - I assume these are FTSE futures not cash levels. Could you please tell what is the reason you think that market may fall quickly.

Hello - I assume these are FTSE futures not cash levels. Could you please tell what is the reason you think that market may fall quickly.

Fundamentals

FED mins - no QE 3 = sell off .....
QE 3 hint = sell off as recent rally already priced it in

Asian markets @ resistance

commods - Copper and oil @ resistance

Risk FX -

aus/usd and eur/usd @ resistance
usd/cad @ support

UUP = 200 MA support on daily with golden cross pending

US markets also @ key resistance

FTSE 5450 is key resistance line , there is no new catalyst to propel it higher

I can go into equity variables and intermarket analysis but that is enough for now

Attachments

• FTSE 100 (DFB)10m.png
    FTSE 100 (DFB)10m.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Fundamentals

FED mins - no QE 3 = sell off .....
QE 3 hint = sell off as recent rally already priced it in

Asian markets @ resistance

commods - Copper and oil @ resistance

Risk FX -

aus/usd and eur/usd @ resistance
usd/cad @ support

UUP = 200 MA support on daily with golden cross pending

US markets also @ key resistance

FTSE 5450 is key resistance line , there is no new catalyst to propel it higher

I can go into equity variables and intermarket analysis but that is enough for now

Thanks for your kind reply.

LDrogen Leigh Drogen
FOMC Minutes (cliff notes): labor is worthless, europe is screwed, china is slowing, and we're out of bullets $FED

Status
Not open for further replies.