Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have quote on barclays on CMC

can somebody tell me what its trading at please?

If the stocks opening price isw more than 5% from yesterdays close then there is an additional 5minute auction, thats why no price until 0805.

resistance at 3990 - 4000, should be anyway unless it goes straight through. Any ideas why its got off to a much better start than expected?

we got a bounce off the pivot on the s500 ,this morning.the highs of the bounce are getting lower

buying pressure on the FTSE future contract heavily outweighing selling pressure according to level 2 data, hence the strong up move.

yeah, to pick up on an earlier point..anytime you see the buy/sell price lock it's usually an auction. happens when prices go into freefall, or when they're shooting up.

This stop out hurt today. Not the pain of the stop being hit because it was very small as usual, but once again, it stops me out to the pip and then plummets in my direction.

It happenes about 3 times per day to me, lol. Gonna have to do something about my stops.

Good luck today all.

Attachments

• ftse.JPG
    ftse.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 135
Yes, that was something unexpected. I was able to jump of the train at 3993.5
At some point later RSI showed a down signal, but luckily I did not trust it :)

something i read romzilla, ignore momentum indicators telling you to sell in an uptrend, and ignore them telling you to buy in a downtrend.

check the articles section of the T2W site....some very good stuff in there.

Good morning all,
Hi ya Wallstreeet M8 :)
Just popping in as I have not been trading too much due to how this market is range bound at the moment.
We are to break out from these ranges soon.
Catalist is banks earnings.
The wisper on the street is earnings are not as bad as first thought.
As 8050 breaks or as it goes above 8000 I will be buying the hell out of this market.
If it happends fine if it dont well nothing lost wait untill next time.

Please please remember do not over trade or trade for the sake of it.
Traders are like fighters/army regements they must pick and choose there battles, be prepared and alert.
Have fun
Tom

Yes, a lot to learn still. But now I am very cautious with getting into trades and putting a stop loss.
That is why alive chat like this is so important to me - learn to avoid false signals.

something i read romzilla, ignore momentum indicators telling you to sell in an uptrend, and ignore them telling you to buy in a downtrend.

check the articles section of the T2W site....some very good stuff in there.

major hist support around 3970.

i've got 3957 as next support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.