Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
H4 bias - look at the link in my sig - I use the bias change on H4 to find any trend changes.

Suprised you closed, you could have just put your stop to BE? 149.60ish is achievable IMHO. It's just not a long trade for me, because I won't go against the trend (for now anyway).

edit: I have chucked all my MA's in the bin

Thanks Geo. I know, I could've amended it to BE. however, manytimes recently I have done that and gone out at BE. Wanted to take some money this time. :)

i think the news regarding the Dell/Perot acquisition news could give a boost to the US market. im long the DAX at 5630 on this basis. Not the best entry level as i was bit late on picking up on the up turn of my other indicators ie MACD, RSI and Stochatics at 10.45am. Moved my stop to BE, the support at 5636 appears to be holding well at the moment.

Thanks Geo. I know, I could've amended it to BE. however, manytimes recently I have done that and gone out at BE. Wanted to take some money this time. :)

I quite understand that.

I just got a short trigger on £Y anyway. Lets see what NY has to say in 3 mins

i think the news regarding the Dell/Perot acquisition news could give a boost to the US market. im long the DAX at 5630 on this basis. Not the best entry level as i was bit late on picking up on the up turn of my other indicators ie MACD, RSI and Stochatics at 10.45am. Moved my stop to BE, the support at 5636 appears to be holding well at the moment.

I spoke too soon. Stopped for BE.

What was your short trigger mate? Also, do you use fancy MT with EA's and alarms and all that? I just use IG's CFD account :cry:

The trigger is a 2m bias change at key fib levels. Fib levels are measured from previous days swings.

MT? Do you mean MT4? No MT4, I am using Prorealtime.

Thanks Geo. Anyone have a view on EUR/GBP? I am thinking to short this one? Very extended rally in past few days, going even above 1.2% of its price envelope on dailies.

EY , maybe about to retest H4 brkout point (see M15 & H1), only about 45pips not worth a short from me , but may develop into break-in , if it can't retest successfully ? will see.

Usd /yen

potential break out opportunity looming

nice bottoming pattern put in

I WOULD LIKE THE 20MA TO CROSS OVER THE 50 MA

91.7 looks like the trigger line

strategy

> 91.7 ...........go long

< 91.7 ..........keep following the trend down

I have taken my profit on USD/YEN trade trade

I am now long FTSE at double bottom on 10 min TF

I am also long on oil @ $70.53 ..stop loss $70.23

target $70.83

I am also long on Nasdaq

what's the best size stop on FTSE

STOP LOSS = MARGIN OF ERROR

research states 25 -30 point stop is THE optimal level, especially for Rookie traders like me

BUT, once you become a proficient trader then you can afford to reduce the margin of error to say 10-15 points ........

anything lower then that is pretty amazing and usually appeals to scalpers

Hi all, looks like FTSE is struggling to hold the double bottom at 5119, if this fails to hold where do you see next support? I have a trend line at around 5100. Surprisingly though after looking weaker that n the FTSE, DAX appears to be bouncing off the double bottom - not sure what to make of this.

A question for those more knowledgeable than me on these issues but as I understand it the US Govt is selling a record $120bn in T Bills in the first three days of this week - China is likely to be the major buyer and the G20 meets this week.

My guess is the sales will go well and this will help the dollar but this may put some weakness in commodities - I'd welcome any other viewpoints.

Hi all, looks like FTSE is struggling to hold the double bottom at 5119, if this fails to hold where do you see next support? I have a trend line at around 5100. Surprisingly though after looking weaker that n the FTSE, DAX appears to be bouncing off the double bottom - not sure what to make of this.

IF we fail to hold double bottom which coincides with S2 pivot then 5110 is next level

Next possible level would be gap fill level @ 5066

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (21-SEP-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (21-SEP-09).png
    22.3 KB · Views: 108
I have taken my profit on USD/YEN trade trade

I am now long FTSE at double bottom on 10 min TF

I am also long on oil @ $70.53 ..stop loss $70.23

target $70.83

I am also long on Nasdaq

oil hit stop loss break even ...........should have taken 15 points ..Arrr!!

stop loss on FTSE is 5095 ....

Nasdaq stop loss 1595

A question for those more knowledgeable than me on these issues but as I understand it the US Govt is selling a record $120bn in T Bills in the first three days of this week - China is likely to be the major buyer and the G20 meets this week.

My guess is the sales will go well and this will help the dollar but this may put some weakness in commodities - I'd welcome any other viewpoints.

yes I mentioned that earlier today Paul, it was one of the reasons why I went long on USD/JPY

The FED manipulated the markets last time in order to maintain good demand for the auction.............after the auction the Dollar will fill back down again!!

BUT I don't think this will be a major Impact on the US market/world markets as a lot of the damage has already been factored in now

i am surprised with OIL getting hit so hard .......

IF we fail to hold double bottom which coincides with S2 pivot then 5110 is next level

Next possible level would be gap fill level @ 5066

Thanks WS.

This is shaping up to be an interesting move today, for the first time I think I can actually appreciate the relationships between the $, oil price and indices in real time. :smart: Kind of feels like the bit in the Matrix where Neo can "see" the binary code of the matrix!

Thanks WS.

This is shaping up to be an interesting move today, for the first time I think I can actually appreciate the relationships between the $, oil price and indices in real time. :smart: Kind of feels like the bit in the Matrix where Neo can "see" the binary code of the matrix!

GLAD to hear that my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.