Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning chaps

Well don Mr Masnachu for forecasting the next high....now do we carry on galloping northwards or do we fail here!!

I will still try to find this top, as long as you hedge yourself its perfectly fine, it worked out very economical yesterday

well done pentlow1

Thanks WS, I want to thank you and all the guys on this forum, as i have learnt a great deal from just following your thoughts, which has given me the confidence to trade these markets. Do you have any views on the way I set up the trade yesterday. Was I just lucky or was my thinking logical and appropriate?

IVON - Alert Sugnals

Not sure if you meant me or Wallstreet given your posted quote - I use VantagePoint which is not freeware - sorry I can't be more help.

I have realised that when 100MA/EMA is up on dailies/hourlies and 30 min, then I will only look for buy opportunities. Trade with the trend. Also, not sophisticated enough like WS to bring hedging into equation, because I think, it is the same issue when you hedge, as if you were looking for a new trade. Your losses and gains are limited to when you get into a hedge.

I have realised that when 100MA/EMA is up on dailies/hourlies and 30 min, then I will only look for buy opportunities. Trade with the trend. Also, not sophisticated enough like WS to bring hedging into equation, because I think, it is the same issue when you hedge, as if you were looking for a new trade. Your losses and gains are limited to when you get into a hedge.

yes but its better than allowing your stop loss get hit if you are wrong

you end up break even worst case scenario and on most occasions you end up with a profit

I went long on SP500 yesterday @ gap fill as a hedge and made 130 points ......

now that paid for my FTSE loss and gave me a very nice healthy profit

I am long on DAX ...gap fill 5721 ...stop loss 4695

target 5746

FTSE short stop loss must be cancelled

Attachments

• Germany 30 Daily (17-SEP-09).png
    Germany 30 Daily (17-SEP-09).png
    17.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
yes but its better than allowing your stop loss get hit if you are wrong

you end up break even worst case scenario and on most occasions you end up with a profit

I went long on SP500 yesterday @ gap fill as a hedge and made 130 points ......

now that paid for my FTSE loss and gave me a very nice healthy profit

I need to paper trade this method for some time, before I can start entering trades and countertrades

Why mate?

BP reached it's resistance level at or around 550-555 level .............which coincides with oil reaching resistance @ 72.7 ( I am shorting oil at present target 72.2 )

Barclays reached resistance ................390 is crucial resistance level

Marks and sparks showing signs of exhaustion @ 375

my market leading stocks showing signs of topping

cool I have a sell stop order at the lows of Sep 1. I may have to wait for 6 months of 6 years or 6 days for that.

I am short ftse 5161 ..stop loss 5186

target 5136

using the 12 point profit from the dax trade

I will amend my FTSE stop loss to 5173

worst case scenario i break even

best case scenario I hit my target when FTSE reaches gap fill

See how hedging can work Mr Lonlad .............

there are so many ways to trade this market

Nasdaq

its only going one way

it has even taken out 1695

very impressive

1800 is a possibility

61.8% retrace = 1782

Attachments

• US Tech 100 Daily Future (De (17-SEP-09).png
    US Tech 100 Daily Future (De (17-SEP-09).png
    19.2 KB · Views: 92
Status