Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
does technical analysis help, where can i learn this from and how long will it take me

Ok, fair enough.

But everyone on here is a chartist I think, plus they read the news.

You're probably on the wrong thread. If you don't use a chart, then you must be using FA - Fundamental Analysis, or gut instinct!?

Or does FA = F*** All :LOL:

LOL!!:LOL:

ok i missed that...as soon as you post, the next time you look theres been 10 pages added and it gets lost...but ill dig back. (y)

bw8= cheers, yeah i know some basic TA....ill check the links..so many sites, so many books..overwhelming.

bw8= cheers, yeah i know some basic TA....ill check the links..so many sites, so many books..overwhelming.

yes it is a bit overwhelming, but it can be learnt. A good idea would also be to use one of the trial spread betting accounts so you can test out your analysis.

does technical analysis help, where can i learn this from and how long will it take me

mate that is a very rookie question that needst to be asked on anohter newbie thread.
Yes you need to learn TA big time. YOu need to get a good book or two.

I just wish I had held my short from 4304 ............

phwoah................what a fall!!

I just didn't trade, I thought i would be a spectator instead

Apparently it helps, at least that's why everyone here studies it.

You can learn from reading a good book - search Amazon for TA books. I would recommend this - Technical Analysis Plain and Simple: Charting the Markets in Your Language: Amazon.co.uk: Michael N. Kahn: Books - because it's only £15, so if you don't like the concept, it's no big deal.

This is highly recommended - Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications New York Institute of Finance: Amazon.co.uk: John J. Murphy: Books @ £50

There's a whole bunch of online info too.

No idea how long it will take you to learn - it's down to the individual I believe.

HTH

i should learn to sit still, i moved my buy order from 4279 to 4288 and i am long from 4288

Apparently it helps, at least that's why everyone here studies it.

You can learn from reading a good book - search Amazon for TA books. I would recommend this - Technical Analysis Plain and Simple: Charting the Markets in Your Language: Amazon.co.uk: Michael N. Kahn: Books - because it's only £15, so if you don't like the concept, it's no big deal.

This is highly recommended - Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications New York Institute of Finance: Amazon.co.uk: John J. Murphy: Books @ £50

There's a whole bunch of online info too.

No idea how long it will take you to learn - it's down to the individual I believe.

HTH

how long did it take u to learn TA. Are these the books u learnt from

Looks like we're gonna be in for some heavy selling when the US opens. Will be looking to short the SPX me thinks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.