Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a lovely drop! Anyone catch it? 4210 MPO

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 116
S
anyone here trade the swissy ? CHF ? the KOF Economic Barometer had a big impact on price.

Reading up on it now, thanks SD.

GBP is strongest on the other side of the pair, and the chart set up is most promising methinks.

17860 for a short, but 18000 to 18100 could be a trap, anything beyond is a breakout, which is what I am watching closely for.

Swiss central bank are determined to defend the currency though, and they've made that public, so I'm cautious watching breakouts here.

Have you got volume on your charts traceyjc? which charting package do you use if you dont mind me asking? Thanks.

I use e-signals FutureSource charting package. It's ok to use, sometimes can be reliable sometimes not. JP Morgan have a combined Front End & Charting package which i'd love to try out but we're on a license with this for the next 6mths. What about yourself? I do have volume on charts yup, it's the red barchart at the bottome of my last picture post. Do you want to know the vol. of markets? I can tell you if you give me a list

I use e-signals FutureSource charting package. It's ok to use, sometimes can be reliable sometimes not. JP Morgan have a combined Front End & Charting package which i'd love to try out but we're on a license with this for the next 6mths. What about yourself? I do have volume on charts yup, it's the red barchart at the bottome of my last picture post. Do you want to know the vol. of markets? I can tell you if you give me a list

Thats good to hear, thanks for that. Im currently only using the free advanced charts from IG which is reasonably good but dosnt provide volume which I really could do with. The volume is key to my analysis and without it hampers my trading dicisions. Thats very good of you to offer the volume on selected markets, Im interested in volume on the SPX 500, and the FTSE. Many thanks for your help. (y)

JCT, your input if i may. I was watching the charts and picked the H&S forming although i closed my short at 4278 believing we may retrace before coming down again. Missed the big move due to a delivery but there you go!
Just wondered if you could share your thoughts or input on what i did regarding the pull back that didnt come or insight into what i should have seen to confirm a retrace was not going to happen? (probably should have waited for confirmation on the 10TF?)

Also, any insight on how you were s certain the market was heading for a big drop? You think 4210 now for example.

Many thanks in advance.:cheesy::cheesy:

Morning all.

Shorted FTSE July 4290 - SL 4320 - Target 4150 ish atm.

Moved stop to BE

If I don't get stopped out, it'll be ineteresting for me if I manage to hold on to the trade before the end of the day. Usually I'm out after 20 mins, and not sure yet how comfortable I will feel with a relatively long term position.

Well done Lapalabra on your trade!

edit: and well done to everyone else who caught that drop!

GEO: The amount of times I've said that with Forex...'Why didn't I keep something in!!!' I need to work on a scaling out strategy, because moves can last for ages in a single trend - I know you use fibs and wave theory, but do you have any way of showing you to keep something in a trade, or that it still has legs?

I'm with you on the scale out strategy, or trailing stops just above/below valleys and peaks could work.

There's nothing in wave theory or fibs that I know of to keep you in the trade - happy to be corrected should someone know better? I use the 162% extension on the FTSE, and it does seem to work well, but perhaps it's not so good on Forex.

Moved stop to BE

If I don't get stopped out, it'll be ineteresting for me if I manage to hold on to the trade before the end of the day. Usually I'm out after 20 mins, and not sure yet how comfortable I will feel with a relatively long term position.

Cheers mate - to be honest what I am most happy about today is that I kept my losses small on my first two losing trades, and stuck in there to my target with my winner.

My signals will always catch the significant moves, its whether the total P&L is positive at the end of the week with my losses that cause me concern.

Moved stop to BE

Good luck with your target, I was short from 4293, considered holding on like yourself, came out at 4255.

Im back in now at 4270 pivot, target 4220. Stop at 4285.

Possible breakout on NZDUSD?

In the end of a triangle now with a triple top, pressing 6480 - watching this very very closely, breaks this I think we see the years high again @ 6600

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.