Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all - and while we are on the subject there of price and trendlines, WS could you recommend any resources (online/books etc) for learning about trendlines, RS trading? I thought I had it fairly well understood with some channel trading I'd done already, but I keep missing some of the lines and conclusions when I compare your charts and mine. Sorry bit off topic maybe but thought I'd jump in since trendlines got mentioned here by SDG

I haven't really read any books, just skimmed through them and not really paid much attention to them either.

I honestly don't think trend line analysis can be taught in live trading, i think it just comes with experience and practise.

If you really want to learn then i highly reccommend you sign up for the following webinar

https://www.inthemoneystocks.com/news_and_events_item.php?id=44

I have done so yet but i am monthly subscriber to the service

I think this is the most popular book for technical analysis
Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications: Study Guide New York Institute of Finance: Amazon.co.uk: John J. Murphy: Books

again, i haven't read it all just skimmed through it

Last edited:
Thanks candles for the explanation!

You're welcome.
What are them green/red dots above/below your candles on the chart you posted? an indicator? I often see them on peoples charts on youtube, and i still dont know what they are!

deadly V on NAsdaq

I am shorting Nasdaq 1195 ............stop loss 1220!!

Attachments

• 17.27.png
    17.27.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 128
Well done!! I bought earlier on a pin bouncing off the 61.8 daily retrace. Closed it at 795 when it hit the trend line resistance!!

Another thing i noticed just now with CMC was that my Stop didnt get triggered and market flew past it... leaving my position exposed. Any comments anyone?
If stops dont get triggered then thats not really on.., possibly was too fast to get triggered cos of the fed meeting

Another thing i noticed just now with CMC was that my Stop didnt get triggered and market flew past it... leaving my position exposed. Any comments anyone?
If stops dont get triggered then thats not really on.., possibly was too fast to get triggered cos of the fed meeting

Sadly this can happen - hence why you get the option to pay for guaranteed stops....

The dollar is being hammered. I was long USDCHF and, thank God, my stop worked - at one point it looked as if I was going to take a 200 point hit....

I am selling with the profits i have made

I am selling Dow 7500 .....sto ploss 7600

i am selling S&P again 795 .....stop loss 820

How the damn hell did i not know there was a rate decision today,, i tend to be cautious of it when its out, but today i totally ignored the news... Lesson learnt "At least have a faint idea of what news is coming out for the day"...

were you trading the dow?

Dow is too volatile hence why i hardly, hardly ever trade it................

only trade it with profits i have made, I hate the index ............

Status
Not open for further replies.