Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey geo! hope your move went well :)

you back now or you still got some settlin in to do?

Hey Dr. B! Yep, move was easy luckily. Now living in the middle of a field in Suffolk :) It's great here though, really enjoying country life, oooh arrghhh!

I should be back to trading next week I hope. Gonna get my trial going with pro-realtime, and a few accounts setup, and I'll be off. I've done loads of backtesting and reading in the last few weeks, which was damn useful.

Well done on the +14 btw. How's your last few weeks trading going?

Looking a bit top heavy now and failure to get above previous high

I am now selling nasdaq 1467 ..stop loss 1482

Hey Dr. B! Yep, move was easy luckily. Now living in the middle of a field in Suffolk :) It's great here though, really enjoying country life, oooh arrghhh!

I should be back to trading next week I hope. Gonna get my trial going with pro-realtime, and a few accounts setup, and I'll be off. I've done loads of backtesting and reading in the last few weeks, which was damn useful.

Hah! im in suffolk too! where are you? im in bloody ipswich atm. surprised you got a line! bt are awful round here. VILLAGE!!

Hah! im in suffolk too! where are you? im in bloody ipswich atm. surprised you got a line! bt are awful round here. VILLAGE!!

Hi FF, I'm near Woodbridge. BT are awful everywhere mate!! 3 of my friends work BT in this area, so I get to hear all the horror stories.

Oh what fun it has been trying to get a connection, not!

Hi FF, I'm near Woodbridge. BT are awful everywhere mate!! 3 of my friends work BT in this area, so I get to hear all the horror stories.

Oh what fun it has been trying to get a connection, not!

no way!! i used to go to school there! are you working up here? what brings you to village sufferrrrrk my skype is francisfinley if you have it

Leo = thanks...time to study then....

Dr.Blix = thanks....you using IG Markets or IG Index?

Yes ill post something if i spot a trade based on whatever im seeing.

So most people here are spreadbetting the FTSE?

For a newcomer, should i use a spreadbet or a CFD (£2 mini contract).....? for FTSE trade...
Spreadbet seems more easy to get to grips with...

was short SPX, closed + 17 pts

short again @ 910

up 70 pts on the day!

107 pts on the week! i've got some work on 2moro and friday so that's worked out perectly! very happy :D

sounds nice mate, i'm increasingly turning into a country type person the older i get (cities are great fun when you're younger)...

this weeks trading has been better than usual, i think things are starting to click a little.

i have a 100 pts per week target which i've already hit!

no way!! i used to go to school there! are you working up here? what brings you to village sufferrrrrk my skype is francisfinley if you have it

I brought my business with me, and working from home for now - not much business left now though! I have quite a few friends up here, and fancied living in a quieter area - loving it so far.

sounds nice mate, i'm increasingly turning into a country type person the older i get (cities are great fun when you're younger)...

this weeks trading has been better than usual, i think things are starting to click a little.

i have a 100 pts per week target which i've already hit!

Nice one! You're doing really well.

+70 on the day is superb!

Risk Calculator

My excel trade risk calculator for anyones who is interested.

Not a rocket science calculation, but makes calculating position sizes quick.

Type in your trading pot size on the top line. Then the point/pip size for the stop on your trade. Then it automatically calculates the numbers.

So, if you trade at 2% risk, with a 3k pot, and 75 point stop, then it tells you the position size. Which in that example is 80p, with maximum drawdown of £60 or 2% pot risk.

Attachments

• trisk.jpg
    trisk.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Stop risk calculator.xls
    15.5 KB · Views: 156
With my miniscule trading pot, and 50p a point for FTSE, I risk way too much according to those who say 1% per trade... seems I should stump up more cash :)

Status
Not open for further replies.