Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
My head hurts.

I have got the signals outputting to email which in turn updates a mailing list/twitter/rss feed/blog.

SMS costs money and most mobiles do email now so rassssp.

anyone wants to be a guinea pig please join in. remember it is choppy at the open ususally with it.

Im gonna ask the coder to put it all on one site and make it look nice.

Nurofen please.

you should have kept your original position and amended to break even .........

naughty naughty!!

lol, yeah, jumpy because i don't usually mess around with the SPX...

i wish i could fast forward a year or two to a time when (hopefully) i have a bit more of a clue about this stuff :D

lol, yeah, jumpy because i don't usually mess around with the SPX...

i wish i could fast forward a year or two to a time when (hopefully) i have a bit more of a clue about this stuff :D

Sounds like you had a good day Dr B?

Hopefully the current 1hr bar will close below 4350, I reckon if it does, then that *might* trigger a continuation of the downtrend.

Well, it didn't come on that bar but I hope that you got it when it came! (y)

Too late for me to go long, which saved my bacon!

Sounds like you had a good day Dr B?

well, sort of kaisen.

i've made 74 pts today from 15 trades. i'd also be up another 15 pts (making 89 pts) if IG weren't screwing me on the spread.

now here's the funny part.

i'm up + 2 pts on the day!

i let some trades go with big stops...and got stopped out. one of them literally touched my stop (which was also the absolute top of the range) before reversing.

so, all my trades have been doing is rectifying these losses.

bizarrely, i'm not that upset, because a couple of weeks ago, i would never have been able to make this amount of points back in a day.

i've battled like hell today! :LOL:

well, sort of kaisen.

i've made 74 pts today from 15 trades. i'd also be up another 15 pts (making 89 pts) if IG weren't screwing me on the spread.

now here's the funny part.

i'm up + 2 pts on the day!

i let some trades go with big stops...and got stopped out. one of them literally touched my stop (which was also the absolute top of the range) before reversing.

so, all my trades have been doing is rectifying these losses.

bizarrely, i'm not that upset, because a couple of weeks ago, i would never have been able to make this amount of points back in a day.

i've battled like hell today! :LOL:

Free learning day then! Rather a strange day! I battler like hell too!! Dollar didnt move dramatically, oil fluctuated around 70-71 dollars yet big falls after the close! Which really screwed my day up!

I was quite surprised 4320 didnt hold up better as it was good resistance yesterday. I also felt 4300 would have held. I thought we might test 4300 and bounce off and maybe tomorrow we would go below!
Hey ho! I will review and move forward (hopefully!)

:confused:

Free learning day then! Rather a strange day! I battler like hell too!! Dollar didnt move dramatically, oil fluctuated around 70-71 dollars yet big falls after the close! Which really screwed my day up!

I was quite surprised 4320 didnt hold up better as it was good resistance yesterday. I also felt 4300 would have held. I thought we might test 4300 and bounce off and maybe tomorrow we would go below!
Hey ho! I will review and move forward (hopefully!)

:confused:

how did you do today kaisen?

what signals do you use to gage where the price is heading?

sox has been resilient the last few days
daily candles

Attachments

• soxresili.gif
    soxresili.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 104
nas 100.i am thinking that 1430 area could be the major support
daily candles

Attachments

• ndx1430.gif
    ndx1430.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 109
major area of support .arrow is at 908 region
11 day candles

Attachments

• spx908area.gif
    spx908area.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 109
how did you do today kaisen?

what signals do you use to gage where the price is heading?

Ended up pretty ugly! Was up 40 pts at 4.30 close and then went way...way south! I was having some success using automated buy and sell orders. This allowed buying and selling are keener mid prices. Entry based on CCL and RSI as well as EMA (100) and dollar strength/weakness etc and then setting sell at 3-5 pnts. Had a high degree of success but didnt listen to the market! Pig headed? Pride? Blind??
I thought there would be more resistance than there was at the lower ftse levels. Given 4300 had been resistance for so long, the dollar didnt collapse, oil didnt go wild in either direction, I was convinced we would bounce back up.
My short deals stealing 6 pnts later in the day were reducing the gap between one bad trade and where the market had moved to. In fact on a couple of occasions I could have got back out on top but I was convinced that we would get back to somewhere around were we closed at 4.30! So I stayed in looking for a good return on all the hard work I had done!

Was eventually stopped out at 4288 when I conceded!

As i say, I will review, increase the indicators I take not of and learn to listen to the market!!!!:whistling

what's CCL?!

entries based on momentum oscillators? i don't think that's what they're for, are they? (i could be wrong there of course)...

if you want you can PM me on how you use RSI, i'd like to offer any help i can, or maybe you can help me with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.