Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah that bombed so quick, it shot down to 38 pts for me, then bounced back so quick i barely had time to dive for the keyboard!

it's going to be hard for me now to keep my finger off the trigger all day :whistling

very interesting that we're currently sitting on the monster trend line. if it breaks that we could be on an express elevator. :)

that is good discipline my friend, very good

If this market goes in to freefall then the key levels that need to be taken out are

Nasdaq 1450

S&P 932 - 928 ......

DAX is weak regardless as it cant hold 5000 level...................

FTSE is just a tail ...........it wags in the direction of the markets above !!

Attachments

• US Tech 100 Daily Future (Ju (12-JUN-09).png
    US Tech 100 Daily Future (Ju (12-JUN-09).png
    20.6 KB · Views: 130
short 4412

closed for + 27 pts

that's me finished for today!

(y) Nice one! Nothing like an honest hours work for an honest days pay :p

Are anyone elses IG charts messed up? FTSE is fine for me but currencies show a bad tick at 9pm last night which is screwing up the whole chart!

I'm going to be short FTSE from below 4300.

(y) Nice one! Nothing like an honest hours work for an honest days pay :p

Are anyone elses IG charts messed up? FTSE is fine for me but currencies show a bad tick at 9pm last night which is screwing up the whole chart!

I'm going to be short FTSE from below 4300.

They were like this all night and most of yesterday evening- ftse is ok now but on other markets its still messed up.

IG says its a technical issue and will be resolved 'soon'.

had this huge up t line from a while back, i've just transposed it to make this channel.

around this time the bottom of the channel is 4300, which is a very significant number due to it being the major chart support that has been propping up this consolidation.

i have 4150 if we get below the bottom of the channel.

i still don't know if consolidation patterns can follow each other consecutively (can anyone tell me?)...i'm going to check now for patterns (to keep me away from firing off silly trades :whistling).

Attachments

• FTSE 15TH JUNE.JPG
    FTSE 15TH JUNE.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 131
Nasdaq futures holding up well @ 1470 ...........

I may buy it for an oversold bounce later on if the market leading stocks show signs of support .......1450 rock solid support

courtesy of investors intelligence

FTSE-100 still penned in....

Despite seeing strong up moves in Sterling and falling market volatility (a bullish signal), UK equities are still struggling.

The bulls on Friday have not been able to climb over the formidable wall at 4500, trapping the FTSE100 Index in between the resistance and the rising 50-day MA (see right). Technically, a breakout will occur soon, and because of the rising lows, we favour a positive outcome.

But, we are well aware of the risk of a failed upside break. Evidence for this possibility includes (1) Miners have come off their near term highs, suggesting potential uptrend failure; (2) Banks are battling to hold on to their rallies. We would not be surprised to see some retracements here following the tremendous rallies from the lows (even Gulf investors have recently booked profits on their long positions in Barclays). So, we are increasing some short positions (again) in our MP in case our bullish expectations failed to materialise.

ive just made a dummy trade (still in bed just woke up)... all my money it tied up.

£2 PERPOINT
100 POINTS AWAY STOP
£200 DEPOSIT
4367 FTSE BUY
GETS STOPPED AT ....(4458 / 4270)
EXPIRES 17TH JULY
EXTRA SPREAD 3 FOR GSL
SO 4370 OPEN
JULY CONTRACT
ftse down day..hour chart showing good buy signals, revovery....

im trying to figure out the best and cheapest way for me to make my first FTSE trade....spreadbet or CFD?
I think CFD costs and complexity mean i should do a bet instead.....

Status
Not open for further replies.