Vasectomy

True,
But nothing is perfect.

You know who wouldnt tick all those boxes?
Over 50% of the global population. Probably closer to 70%. And that 50 to 70% are the ones who typically have the most kids.

Start somewhere and readjust.

mate if Gandhi and martin luther king are out...michael jackson is still in... how precisely do you readjust if they were never born in the first place..
oh i know, we dont have enough thought leaders, lets loosen the criteria for a generation perhaps?
no, we are all born equal and if some of us have to work harder than others, so be it and the chances are these are the people who are going to make a difference

what you're doing, is effectively saying if i am poor and stupid, therefore my kin will be and therefore should never have been born
wow, what a particularly sad way of looking at life...or not as the case may be
good luck with your procedure, and god help us all

OK, so you tell me.
What's the alternative?
Continue as we are?

Also, I hope you are not getting snippy with me mate. I'm just expressing an opinion. I'm not out clubbing newborns or anything.

I respect that you have your own opinion. I'm not calling you a bad person because I dont agree with you.

Having fewer children in the developed countries of the world will not solve global over-population issues. Firstly, our families are rarely more than 4 children in total, so having 1 instead of 2 or 2 instead of 3 isn't going to give a very dramatic decline curve. Having 2 instead of 11 on the other hand would but this is not a common western model.

Plus, having fewer children won't relieve the stress on the NHS. NHS resources would simply be ratcheted down if the UK had a declining population. So it would still end up being a cr@p overall health service (though reasonably good accident / critical illness service).

In any case, what if you had zero children, but your neighbour had 2 children and both qualified as doctors. Who's done more to help the planet?

The real crunch is going to come when IA makes an industrialised country a 30% to 50% unemployment level.
What are all those people going to do ?
How much more population can Europe absorb of the excess population from countries like India, Pakistan, Africa etc. ?
Free contraceptive pills or doctoring their water supplies ?
I wonder.

Why does it have to be a dramatic declining curve?
People tend to look for the 1 big fix as opposed to multiple smaller one. Any sort of progress is going to give us more time to figure things out.

I honestly dont have all the answers, clearly. But something needs to happen. Inaction when action is needed makes one somewhat guilty. We are all responsible for this, in one way or another.

It needs to be a dramatic curve if there's going to be quick and significant impact on fast-depleting global resources. Only the right action has the right effect, the rest is just activity.

It needs to be a dramatic curve if there's going to be quick and significant impact on fast-depleting global resources. Only the right action has the right effect, the rest is just activity.

If we cant get a big fix, which we havent thus far... then anything is better than nothing.

Plus, incremental small changes might be more likely to work as opposed to the resistance towards dramatic change.

As it stands, are we doing anything?
Politicians are terrified to bring up the topic because the backlash would be enormous.
The can just keeps getting kicked down the road.

Eventually we get to the state of China. Then all of a sudden such suggestions dont seem so bad.

Update:
Ive postponed the procedure.

I'm still certain I dont want demon spawn, but the fear of chronic pain has gotten into my head the closer the date has gotten.

I've had chronic pain before and it's no joke! Ruined my life for years.
I'm postponing this until I figure somethings out.

Got my hip replaced at 18, then 3 years later they could regrow bone...
It's not urgent that I get the snip right now, so until I figure somethings out, I dont want to risk going back to having chronic pain. Especially ball pain...

Apparently the risks are not as low as the doctor would have me believe.

Hey folks!

I'm posting this here because I respect the opinions of those of you who have helped me along my trading/investing journey.

I decided at 21 years of age that I didnt want kids, and was going to just get the snip then, but someone had recommended I wait a few years to be sure. So i waited 11 years... and now, 2 months off 32, i feel far stronger about it now than i did then.

However,
While I'm not necessarily getting cold feet, I havent come across a person that said it was a good idea. In fact, any time it comes up in conversation people look at me like I have 2 heads and I'm told it's a bad idea. Due to this, I would like to hear the input from those of you I respect here, those who have similar goals to me and ways of thinking.

At 21, I just didnt want kids. I didnt want to be tied down to such responsibilities. Now, I feel the same, but I also have more reasons such as my efforts to improve my socioeconomic status and also that I not pass on my blood clot disorder which is hereditary.

I have also been quite vocal about the overpopulation of current times. The congestion in areas such as the NHS, the strain on social welfare departments and so on...
I mean we could write a list the length of my arm for all the negative impacts directly and indirectly caused by the rapid multiplying of us.

I dont currently have a lady, but accidents can happen. And should I get someone pregnant, that's my life as I know it over.

I was born a pleb, and raised a pleb. I was raised in a lower socioeconomic council estate, surrounded by plebs who make plebs decisions. I have found it exceptionally difficult to turn things around and move away from the stupid and short sighted decisions. In trying to improve the lives of my family and I, I value the flexibility that being childfree brings.

If an opportunity arises, I can turn on a penny. I dont have much possessions, so could drop everything and relocate in a heartbeat. In my head, this is a no brainer. If i dont want kids, and I have to be nimble in order to capitalize on opportunities to further my prospects, then getting the snip is a logical form of risk management. The hereditary aspect and the bigger picture of the exponential growth of our species just adds the cherry on top.

What are your thoughts?
Have any of you been in a similar situation, or know someone who has?

:):):):):):):):) I've fallen and can't get up, I'm dying of laffffter such as I've never experienced before. From now on every damn day I'm going to look for the new sh*t you've come up with, hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ................ who knows, next you'll send the ventricles and auricles to different locations on vacation?

From a hip replacement at 18, to pilot lights going out, the Canadian dollar, the Mexican Peso, the 17.5K salary and wants to trade, :)then the latest bomb of trading Natural Gas .................... and now before even licking any pu**y, you're going to cut off your own balls and ............. dig this, ask all these old ladies here for their opinion? hahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Help me Father, I just cannae stop laffffffing. This is way too much lafffter for anybody and to think I can have this every damn day is just bloody outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had I known BritLand was going to be so damn entertaining I'd never have gone to ET :)

No YANK would ever understand such sh*t, its just too hilarious to describe and/or believe

Update:
Ive postponed the procedure.

I'm still certain I dont want demon spawn, but the fear of chronic pain has gotten into my head the closer the date has gotten.

I've had chronic pain before and it's no joke! Ruined my life for years.
I'm postponing this until I figure somethings out.

Got my hip replaced at 18, then 3 years later they could regrow bone...
It's not urgent that I get the snip right now, so until I figure somethings out, I dont want to risk going back to having chronic pain. Especially ball pain...

Apparently the risks are not as low as the doctor would have me believe.

:):):):)

P R I C E L E S S :cool:

Don't STOP, pls keep this up ............ :)

I didn't want kids. I didn't get married until i was 40ish. I wanted the career, didn't feel it was right when i was in my 30s. wasn't ready, was never a paternal sort of guy. that changed when i met my wife. nail #1 in coffin = your DEATH has begun

4 years ago we had our daughter. she is the most beautiful thing in this world. how wrong i could have been. im the best daddy in the world, a superhero in her eyes. however im now hardly young anymore and worst feeling i have now is that i'll be gone before she's had a chance to grow up nail #2 in coffin

so if i had a chance again, i'd have done it earlier. because how selfish i think i was back then when it was all about money.
a child changes your perception and makes me realise that's why we're on this earth nail #3 & #4 in coffin.

my brother was exactly the same, we didn't have the best role model in our father. my brother has two kids. He's divorced now, but the kids are his life brother has 4 nails in coffin + broken spine = walking corpse = put him out of his misery, pls

i can't give you advice, but even when i didn't want kids, that would still never have been entertained. just like children are why we're here, its my balls that make me a man the day you first decided that is the day YOU died

Since you've queried so many times why I called you the classic Herd member, see my notes in quote :) :) :)

Since you've queried so many times why I called you the classic Herd member, see my notes in quote :) :) :)

Nowler has raised an important topic here, and I think it's insensitive of you to mention "member" let alone a "herd member".
Let him splaff of here. He's not doing anyone any harm (apparently).

Nowler has raised an important topic here, and I think it's insensitive of you to mention "member" let alone a "herd member".

Relax amigo, no intention to be insensitive but if I tried to hold back the lafffffter I would explode. I couldn't help it. Come on Man, you fellas are just way tooo funny.

Nowler is the type of fella who if a feather falls in California, a truck would fall on his head in London. He is a walking overt-motivator-sequence-satisfier. This cat is out there. But he is the funniest cat I have seen in years. :)

trendie, the other day I was just going about stuff in a semi serious mode, just usual stuff, then I logged on and saw this from Nowler,

"I have decided to trade Natural Gas Futures"

I'm telling you Man, the entire day was Laughter is the best Medicine. I just could not stop lafffffing. This guy is one in a billion.

This guy makes my day :)

A few weeks ago I was invited to a private wedding party. I didn't know that part of the ceremony was going be some muslim stuff.

All of a sudden some muslim cat starts chanting like a f**Kin banshee and I burst out laffffing so hard and could not stop that everybody there including the non-muslims were hurt. I couldn't stop and had to run outside and blast off the laffter for minutes on end and then afraid I would burst out again, I just got in my car and f***ed off home.

Sometimes curiosity gets the better of me and I click 'Show Ignored Content'. My God! It's like peering into the padded cell of a Lunatic and watching him smear excrement all over himself.:sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes curiosity gets the better of me and I click 'Show Ignored Content'. My God! It's like peering into the padded cell of Lunatic and watching him smear excrement all over himself.:sick:

....beats the crap (!) out of some of the other threads on T2W. At least this one is actually fairly on topic. When a relatively cheerful discussion on strategy and trading gets hi-jacked and then disembowelled by one of your deranged shyte-smearers, that's when we really need to think about enforced sterilisation...or possibly euthanasia for the really irritating culprits. I'm not sure Sharky is that keen on my approach, but I live in hope :p

Sometimes curiosity gets the better of me and I click 'Show Ignored Content'.

I did the same yesterday :)
Worth it as I got a good laugh at the desperation to be wanted.
Surely she realizes at least to some degree that nobody cares what she has to say?? Nobody can be that stupid...
She went on my ignore list after all the crying about the bigger girls on the other forum not letting her play.

My God! It's like peering into the padded cell of Lunatic and watching him smear excrement all over himself.:sick:

This is why cousins should think twice before they get it on...

I'm not sure how bad it is, but I saw the post count yesterday, and if it's all similar bollocks, then Sharkey might want to just beat her over the head with his ban stick. It just makes the forum look bad. There is no reward to having her here, and if this was a trade, it would have been cut long ago.