Use of single keyboard and mouse

al-motor

i have 2 pcs which are networked............ at the moment i have to use 2 keyboards and 2 mouse (mice!!)-

I heard there is a program which will make the network onl use one keyboard and one mouse !?

Any ideas ??

thanks
Al

You need a KVM switch. Some/most PCs will not boot without a keyboard or mouse attached. The KVM switch simulates a keyboard and mouse even when switched to the other PC. You only need a single monitor too.

About £17 from www.ebuyer.com

JonnyT

JT- thanks for that.........

I actually run 2 monitors on each machine, so monitor is not my problem-

I was only bothered about the keyboard and mouse- where does this switch get connected to ??

thanks again

Al

i have 2 pcs which are networked............ at the moment i have to use 2 keyboards and 2 mouse (mice!!)-

I heard there is a program which will make the network onl use one keyboard and one mouse !?

Any ideas ??

thanks
Al[/QUO

y u need two pc u can covert one pc into two monitors, like i did
take ur pc box to best buy or any shop u trust to changev ur old graphic card to new card to support TWO MONITORS THEY HAVE TO TEST & VERYFY MOTHER BOARD THAT WILL SUPPORT THE NEW CARD WITH TWO MONITORS >>WOHLLLA<< PROBLEM SOLVED THIS MIGHT COST AROUND LESS THAN 100.00 . SELLB THE OTHER PC & COMPENSET THE COST. UR PROBLEM SOLVED, ONE PC,KEYBOARD,MOUSE.
I DID WITH 7YEAR HP ,PC WORKS LIKE CHIME LAST 2 YEARS BACK LOVE IT
I WILL PREFER BESTBUY OVER ANY OTHER SHOP DROP ME A NOTE IF U NEED HELP
SOFTWARE DONT QUIT WORK RIGHT WILL COST 150-200 RANGE, GOOD LUCK

Any ideas ??

thanks
Al

Use "Input Director". It's free and works perfectly. I run 2 PCs and 4 monitors fron 1 kbd/mouse.
http://www.inputdirector.com/

Hi Guys
Multiple PC's controlled by a single keyboard and mouse solutions are our specialty (y)

From simple deskswitches controlling up to 4 PC's to fully functional trading keyboards for the FX marketplace.

The addition of software allows for seamless mouse switching and Copy Paste across muliple PC's to enchance the the hardware.

www.weytec.com
[email protected]