Updata's TA courses

Agree, I don't think anyone expected anything but the best from DuPlessis. He knows his stuff.
Zambuck, what feed do you use with Indexia?

Oatman,

I think you’ll find the legacy issues you’ve had with TA in the past are just that - and they’re now fixed; and you may also be pleased to know that the software is fully compatible with Tenfore’s satellite and internet data feeds. :)

Zambuck,

I’ll pm you later.

HTH

Cheers

Mayfly

Downdata did email me about supporting Tenfore, but too late. I'd already dumped Tenfore. It was getting more expensive as other price feeds were getting more competitive.

Hi Oatman

we have dicussed this on Indexia and Updata site...remember?

I export the data from metastock and then import it within indexia using data converter for US format data. This convertere is avilable avilable on Indexia site...I only use it for p & f and few other indicators...

all the best

Ah, Metastock, I forgot that one :cheesy:
I can't get my Indexia to load anyway. It doesn't recognise the key. I've had the problem before. I seem to remember it "fixed" itself. I'll try unin-reinstall.

P270-272 of Murphy, 1999 edition, tells you the difference between the 3 box reversal style chart and the 1 box, or as I tend to view them the EoD and the Intraday charts.
Apart from knowing the mechanics of construction are there any magic spells to learn? Like the Cohen/Burke etc 3 box reversal (and variations) I don't see there's that much to write on the subject... one reason I like the new book, having trotted through the usual stuff about drawing charts, trendlines and so forth is that they start discussing what you might do with the info.... that tends to be missing in many popular books.
I still buy P&F books (deVilliers is in the post), there's usually an interesting idea or two in any trading book I read, but it's not that complex really is it?
As for the course review - I'm glad your friends enjoyed it Gruntnoway (honest!) although (there's always an although) the real proof of whether a course is good or not is whether an averagely intelligent trader could improve profits after attending... I attended several Funnymentals courses in 1999 and came away thinking they were really good, I spent the first half of 2000 using TA to get my money back!
That aside I have the greatest respect for Jeremy, I have no doubt that as an intro to the subject he will have done a good job - criticism here from the more experienced tends to ignore the level it is pitched at, if you were presenting a P&F course to people who are generally P&F newbies you'd cover the same ground. It tends to be overlooked, I think, on BBS like this that many of these courses are pitched at newbies - the Updata course price isn't hugely beyond reason, it is not surprising that a hard core trader would find the subject matter a bit noddy.
If you are well up on TA and are looking to turn into the proverbial lean, mean, trading machine then you aren't sitting in a 30 seater room with people who think the mouse is a microphone, you're paying serious bus fare to somebody 1 on 1 in all likelihood.

Thanks for the comments Dave.

I called updata today and the current course programme has ended. I guess that gives me more time to read some books. I still think I will go on the course but with more reading under my belt.

I think that's a sensible idea,
I started by reading Burke, which took 8 hrs start to finish to work through (I read and study quickly in a rather intense fashion <g>) and to be honest I think I learned more in that 8 hrs than I managed in the following 3-4 years.... law of diminishing returns and all that. P&F strikes me as having a few good, solid, ideas underpinning it that don't take long to learn - after that you're just refining things.
I'd still rather be 10% better at money management than 10% better at picking winners.... enjoy the day when you get to attend it.
Dave