Updata

guibraga

15 0
Hello everyone !
I´m in the search for EOD Data....

I saw a very good review of our friend of UPDATA...

Does anyone uses and can tell me your opinion ?

Thanks
Guilherme

guibraga

15 0
Hello Everyone.
I´m in my search for EOD Data...

Does anyone uses UPDATA eod ?
I talked to a member and he said it´s very nice...

Thanks
Guilherme

Rognvald

Established member
916 15
I believe the package offered for EOD together with the TA package will be good value but it depends what you want to do with the data

guibraga

15 0
Rognvald said:
I believe the package offered for EOD together with the TA package will be good value but it depends what you want to do with the data

Hello Rognvald !

I just need a trustable data... I´m not going to do baktesting, or trading systems... I just want data to look after work in my home...

Ps. do you know which markets does the updata give EOD DATA wirh the TA PAckage ?

Thanks
Guilherme

Rognvald

Established member
916 15
A worldwide range of equities from a large assortment of exchanges. I believe 50K+ instruments in total

The feed used by Updata is S& P Comstock and their pricing model charges for data plus their analytical software. The data is supplied in a proprietory form I believe and so can only be used on their kit. On the other hand their TA package is adaptable to other data feeds but you still have to pay for theirs whether you use it or not

breadman

Established member
526 25
use esignal for worldwide coverage........... www.esignal.com
use sharescope for U.K.......www.sharescope.co.uk
i personally use esignal, although it's in realtime.........
have never used sharescope, but its been described to me as excellent value for money.
just my 2 p worth

guibraga

15 0
adrianallen99 said:
What do you need the EOD for, do you need charts or just the data.

Hello Adrian !

in fact, I just need the eod data for US, UK and some european markets.
but I got interested in Updata because it gives me the eod data for a nice price...

Thanks
Guilherme

osho67

407 3
UPDATA TA with mybroker- cost gbp 25 per month plus exchange fees

Mayfly

Established member
514 28
Hi Guibraga,

The best way to find out whether or not Updata’s software meets your needs is to use it and you can download a fourteen day trial from here:

http://www.updata.co.uk/shop/freetrialAll.asp

The LSE EOD version should give you most of the daily data you need and it includes prices from NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ, plus – as it says on the box - prices from about 40 other exchanges around the world.

You can also import and export data in standard “Updata” CSV format: there’s no big deal about doing this in Excel, for example; you just need to ensure that you’ve got the record structure in the correct format.

You can also use Metastock and CSI data if you’ve got access to these databases - I think there are probably others - and that just about covers everything really unless you’re thinking about using real-time data feeds and/or trading futures.

Incidentally, were you talking about David Watts review earlier?

HTH

Cheers

Mayfly

Nildes

144 0
Updata's EOD and intraday snapshot work quite well for me. You can certainly have all the data you want and look at it all night, no problems. You can also set it up to run on machines at work and at home but only have one instance running ar a time.

Money_magnet1

31 1
Hi all,

I'm currently trialling the eod version of Updata TA and although there is still the odd glitch overall I really like the interface and look of the charts, it also seems very intuitive.

My question is, Sharescope is cheaper for eod but is the datamining feature in it as good as that of Updata TA ? I get the impression that the sharescope scanner is more about scanning for fundamental criteria plus moving averages only. Is it also posible to use it to scan for complex technical indicator patterns as you can with updata ? This is a really powerful feature which might swing me toward Updata TA despite the occasional glitch and extra price.

ps. Also does Sharescope have an optimisation feature like Updata TA ?

pps. sorry just noticed the updata v sharescope thread, whoops !

TIA.

Last edited:

Nildes

144 0
Money magnet,
My take is that Sharescope is better if your main bias is towards fundamentals whereas Updata is more useful if your bias is towards any of a range of trading indicators.
There is a huge ovelap of course.
The key really isn't in what they can do but in what they can do for you that you understand and are comfortable with.
Regards

Nildes

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock