updata and forex

breadman

Established member
bloomberg mytrack and tenfore users.

anyone using updata can tell what their currency data is like??
does it give all the usual currency crosses e.t.c.?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
running updata ......need to borrow historical data!

mayfly thanks for your reply..........
i am ow running updata, it being going fine and to be honest the only gripe i have is the lack of historical data on some of the currency pairs.

on four or five of the main one's i have15 years of history, all the others their is only twos years of history.

Updata have assisted with this info
"Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we only have 2 years worth of data on the currencies and some of the main ones have longer history, i.e. GBPUS. You can use a different data source into TA to try and obtain more data. TA is compatible with the following data feeds - Bloomberg, Mytrack and Tenfore"

can anyone assist with providing more historical data on all the other currency pairs???

your help will be much appreciated
B

Last edited:
Hi Breadman,

You haven’t told us what instruments you’re looking for?

Moving on, you’ve got two options:

1. “Third Party” CSV files

You can use the import historical data facility to import these in any timeframe into your database in the standard Updata comma-separated variable (.CSV) file format. This will allow you to import any historical data that you’re able to obtain from Updata or any other source. Look it up in “help” under “Import Historical Data”, which will give you a detailed description of how to do this.

2. “Third Party” Databases

Updata can read and import data from third party databases, such as Metastock, CSI and Indexia. There are others, but you’ll have to check what’s supported with Updata. Click on the Updata Tray Icon or Message Centre, Click on Third Party Database and follow the dialogues.

Whatever you download normally, for example under Automated Database Maintenance, will be merged with the history data that you’ve imported under 1 and/or 2 above. Obviously, you’ll have to ensure that the codes/symbols/tickers are aligned/are the same.

I’m sure that some kind person on these boards will be able to supply the data you’re looking for.

HTH

Cheers Mayfly

The Premium Data service from Norgate has historical end of day spot forex prices going back to 1991 for EUR50/USD67/£36.00.

http://www.premiumdata.net/products/forex/

The data is available in both Metastock and ASCII (CSV) format and can be purchased without an update subscription if you just want the historical data.

It sounds like you might be able to import it into Updata.

Cheers,
Richard.

appreciate your reply's Mayfly and Richardale

I'm basically looking for any of the currency crosses that include combinations of
1) eur
2) gbp
3) usd
4) chf
5) jyp
6) cad

hopefully a T2W member will be able to provide me with the necessary data.
Updata TA is compatible with the following data feeds - Bloomberg, Mytrack and Tenfore" I would appreciate it if anyone with the above platforms and 5- 10 years of historical data for the above currency crosses could assist me

many thanks
B