Updata

samuelhogg said:
I don't think it was a daft question, the board has over 50,000 members so 2 or 3 of them could work or have worked for these companies.
Thanks for your feedback though, atleast this thread has been started up again.
Have a good weekend
samuelhogg

Updata, in the link you gave, stated "Here are just some of the firms using our systems". You also have to ask what is meant by "using". It may well be that these firms are customers of the product, in the sense of having bought it, but you also have to determine what use they are making of it. Did they buy it for evaluation only ? If they are using it, is it their main product for trading or is it being used by just one of two individuals in a minor department ?

In the past I have used Updata's products and I believe that they are a company of good standing that have been around for some time. Normally, despite my earlier precautionary comments, a software company using customer logos on their site will have to obtain permission to do so, which suggests satisifed customers.

Normally the companies which are quoted as customers will have also provided testimonials explaining how they use the product in their company and what benefits it has brought, so you might like to ask Updata to provide copies of these.

Whether or not someone from one of their clients will answer your question I don't know. Even if they do, with the anonymity of the web, how would you know if they are not working for Updata ?

Ultimately however, if you are thinking of purchasing the software it will be done on a balance of views taken from:
- their own site and literature
- review comments on sites such as T2W
- using their evaluation software
- arrange a visit to their offices and talk to them

Charlton

One of the reasons I asked was because I thought it might be an extra skill worth putting on the CV if companies recognise this software.
Thank you for comments