Updata

samuelhogg

259 5
Updata Customers

Does anyone work for any of these companies and can backup this statement. http://www.updata.co.uk/customers/

Updata is used by some of the biggest financial institutions in the world with more big names taking the system all the time.

You need to be a leader to work with the brightest talent in the business. That’s why more and more market professionals and serious private investors are turning to Updata.

Samuel

zambuck

Experienced member
1,608 102
..........is there a site which is not controlled by updata where user's REAL comments can be verified..??

trendie

Legendary member
6,840 1,398
zambuck said:
..........is there a site which is not controlled by updata where user's REAL comments can be verified..??

how about HERE on T2W ? :)

by no means a major banking institution, (just a dusty study in rural Shropshire), I was a user of Updata TA for a long time.
I stopped using them out of a fit of pique when the costs rose by something like 25% in one go.
Their reasons were that they hadnt raised rates for a long while, and they were just catching up with inflation etc.
I am beginning to regret that decision, and intend to rejoin Updata soon.

They DO listen to users.
I had moaned about there not being a Donchian Channel study, and one of the next upgrades, lo and behold, they had Donchian Channels.
I also was concerned their Fib-extensions didnt have 127%. It still doesnt, but they did ask me to justify my request, and they replied knowledgeably.

Due to some deal with the data providers, you can only download EOD data to csv file, etc. You cant donwload intra-day data, even though I had signed up for real-time data. That was a bug-bear, as I wanted to day-trade, and couldnt download intra-day data for excel studies.

The only other major downer is that the back-tests only work on MA X-overs. You cant build in studies on other indicators, which is a shame.
Nor can you load your own studies as you can with MT4.

However, you can get FX, Indices, stocks, (US and UK ), commodities etc, all in one platform.

Overall, I rate Updata highly. Their platform is quite user-friendly and easily customisable.

Mayfly

Established member
514 28
You weren’t really expecting HM The Queen’s broker to come on here to confirm that they use Updata’s software, were you?

But then, maybe you’d be forgiven for thinking it was a bit of daft question in the first place - sorry, Samuel!

So far as I know, Updata routinely consults its users about its products and services. The reason I’m telling you this is because if the TA Focus Groups that I’ve have attended are representative - where among other things - they consult small groups of their users about product development, etc – half of the attendees were drawn from the institutions. Three of whom were professionals representing separate institutions on this list: http://www.updata.co.uk/customers/

I’m not sure why this should be a surprise to anyone really: it’s got a world class product set that’s backed by people who enjoy international reputations and it’s obviously on a bit of a roll at the moment.

HTH

Cheers

Mayfly

samuelhogg

259 5
I don't think it was a daft question, the board has over 50,000 members so 2 or 3 of them could work or have worked for these companies.
Thanks for your feedback though, atleast this thread has been started up again.
Have a good weekend

Last edited:

Charlton

Experienced member
1,501 325
samuelhogg said:
I don't think it was a daft question, the board has over 50,000 members so 2 or 3 of them could work or have worked for these companies.
Thanks for your feedback though, atleast this thread has been started up again.
Have a good weekend
samuelhogg

Updata, in the link you gave, stated "Here are just some of the firms using our systems". You also have to ask what is meant by "using". It may well be that these firms are customers of the product, in the sense of having bought it, but you also have to determine what use they are making of it. Did they buy it for evaluation only ? If they are using it, is it their main product for trading or is it being used by just one of two individuals in a minor department ?

In the past I have used Updata's products and I believe that they are a company of good standing that have been around for some time. Normally, despite my earlier precautionary comments, a software company using customer logos on their site will have to obtain permission to do so, which suggests satisifed customers.

Normally the companies which are quoted as customers will have also provided testimonials explaining how they use the product in their company and what benefits it has brought, so you might like to ask Updata to provide copies of these.

Whether or not someone from one of their clients will answer your question I don't know. Even if they do, with the anonymity of the web, how would you know if they are not working for Updata ?

Ultimately however, if you are thinking of purchasing the software it will be done on a balance of views taken from:
- their own site and literature
- review comments on sites such as T2W
- using their evaluation software
- arrange a visit to their offices and talk to them

Charlton

samuelhogg

259 5
One of the reasons I asked was because I thought it might be an extra skill worth putting on the CV if companies recognise this software.
Thank you for comments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock