Ukraine invasion

It seems that Putin had a new speech at russian state TV.
He spoke about russian expansion and fortification.
No more BS about nazism or NATO ...
Keep it simple, facts vs conspiracies.
Looks like that's another Western or Ukraine propaganda lie as nothing in that direction was found on Russian sources.
Please deliver soiurces if you have some better than anybody is replicating this without evidence.

I bumped into some tweets with short videos with Soloviev commenting Putin's speech.
I can't find Soloviev but this should be Putin's speech.
He is just returning to Russia what was russian under the empire.

It seems that Putin had a new speech at russian state TV.
He spoke about russian expansion and fortification.
No more BS about nazism or NATO ...
Keep it simple, facts vs conspiracies.

Well of course. NATO expansion has been ongoing for the last 30 years. Russia will undoubtedly pursue a far more aggressive foreign policy than before.

I predict that the US and the UK will face new challenges ahead. So will Finland and Sweden.

That doesn't mean WMD and Nazi's have gone away. Simply that they will not be tolerated and go unchallenged in the future.

You are quite something else Cavalier. You have ignored the activities of the US in provoking the reaction. Now you are justifying the provocation with the response of the Russians. Far removed from reality but I guess that's how you make sense of your distorted view of the World. :unsure:

Last edited:

I bumped into some tweets with short videos with Soloviev commenting Putin's speech.
I can't find Soloviev but this should be Putin's speech.
He is just returning to Russia what was russian under the empire.
That video was from opening an exhibition about the tzar.

There is another headline in Pravda which I wait to be abused by Western media without reading the article:

And more from Pravda - usually I don't read and quote it:

... and the Polish way of denazification of Ukraine:

NATO expansion is happening without wars while Russia's expansion is acheived with invasions.
I try to focus on facts, facts do not change if provided by BBC , DW or WION.
So is NATO a problem for Russia's security?
NATO has never attacked Russia, NATO has never forced a country to join.
I think NATO is a problem for Russia's expansion.

If I am provoked and I respond with a fist on the face I am still guilty.

These news provider don't deliver facts, but opinions.
This kind of lying is trained in the last more than 20 years.
If there are facts they must be extracted from the news,.

Yes, you see it in the war in Ukraine when Russian territory is shelled.

NATO has never attacked Russia, NATO has never forced a coutry to join.
They always attacked the Russian army in their proxy wars, always with thier weapons.

The west is playing the game of proxy war, getting expendable Ukrainians (who they don't care two hoots about, btw) to do their dirty work for them in a bid for regime change in Russia and to deflect away from their own inadequacies at home and conveniently pin their long list of failings on Putin the bogeyman.
Tim.
I agree that western countries are using this war to solve the Putin problem.
This doesn't change the fact that Russia invaded, so Russia is wrong.

NATO expansion is happening without wars while Russia's expansion is acheived with invasions.
NATO has never attacked Russia, NATO has never forced a country to join.
I think NATO is a problem for Russia's expansion.

If I am provoked and I respond with a fist on the face I am still guilty.

Western superpowers have executed countless regime changes using all kinds of deception, force and genital persuasion of sorts, all over the world. Latin America, ME and Africa.

The attack on smaller nations takes place by individual country ie US. NATO is only invoked in defence if a member country is attacked.

Moreover, Finland and Sweden in their discussions of NATO have not ruled out the placement of nuclear weapons on their soil.

Let's not forget a case in point from History in the Cuban missile crisis either.

What I do (that you and c_v appear not to do), is to try and look at the conflict from both sides and to imagine what I'd think and how I'd feel if I were in Putin's shoes.
I was trying to do that before the invasion, I find it very difficult to impersonate Putin after the destruction of Mariupol.

Western superpowers have executed countless regime changes using all kinds of deception, force and genital persuasion of sorts, all over the world. Latin America, ME and Africa.
And they were wrong, just like Russia today.
Russia invading Ukraine is not a reaction to US invasions and CIA crimes.

And they were wrong, just like Russia today.
Russia invading Ukraine is not a reaction to US invasions and CIA crimes.
Categorically wrong!

Russia's "intervention" in Ukraine is in response to US and UK anti-Russian activities in Ukraine.

Why has US naval ships been conducting exercises and excursions in the Black Sea? Same goes for UK destroyers. There have been enough close fly by's and aggressive manoeuvres of all sorts.

You reckon they were out sailing on a day trip? Maybe they wanted to dock and have a friendly vodka no? LOL

The West plays lots of silly games and you buy into them. US and UK have been poking and provoking for quite some time. They now have what they desired.

Let's not forget Russia also challenges the interests of the West in Caucases and the ME where there are rich mineral, gas and oil resources.

On a positive note, I am happy to observe you are now referring to Russia as "intervening" in Ukraine and not Putin. So happy to see some progress there. :)

There are many provocatiion everywhere, between Russia.. US ... India ... China...
Stacking tanks on the border could be a proportionate reaction to provocations.
Moving nukes... making drills... provocations vs provocations.
When you start an aggression and you kill people you suddenly are on the wrong side.

There are many provocatiion everywhere, between Russia.. US ... India ... China...
Stacking tanks on the border could be a proportionate reaction to provocations.
Moving nukes... making drills... provocations vs provocations.
When you start an aggression and you kill people you suddenly are on the wrong side.

Agree partially, but the red-lines were drawn and much talked about for over a year.

A retired British army chief even said as much. US and UK have no strategy in Ukraine but to waste lives being a thorn on Russia's side. That's about it. In his article he refers to loss of life with no end gain.

As before, sanctions by the West have had unintended consequences and they are all about to get worse. The winners imo from these Ukranian events are the war lords. Millions all OVER the World will suffer not just in Ukraine and Russia. However, I feel Russia and China will come out stronger from these events and future sanctions and embargoes will lead non-cooperating countries into the arms and systems of the East.

Zelensky is turning out to be quite a tyrant isn't he? He doesn't like to be challenged, closing down all opposition, hardly a diplomat or a comedian. Biden says he didn't want to know about the military build up on his borders. What does that say about the man with his head in the sand?

Biden says he didn't want to know about the military build up on his borders.
He was wrong, just like many other leaders and analysts.
Zelensky is turning out to be quite a tyrant isn't he? He doesn't like to be challenged, closing down all opposition, hardly a diplomat or a comedian.
He is managing an invasion, less room for democracy, he is closing pro russian parties.
I think you would close pro French parties if you were invaded by France.
He is not poisoning or jailing his competitors (Poroshenko and Timoshenko)
Every other leader would have escaped the country by the first week.
He is doing an impressive job rallying his people and speaking with other leaders EVERY DAY. He is working his ass to save Ukraine.

He was wrong, just like many other leaders and analysts.
US and UK knew. They didn't get it wrong.

He is managing an invasion, less room for democracy, he is closing pro russian parties.
He is not managing the intervention at all. He is destroying Ukraine from within. He is just another insecure tyrant. He demonstrated his credentials well between 2014-22.

Every other leader would have escaped the country by the first week.
I don't think so. That's just the MSM making him out to be as such. Moreover, Russia doesn't want him dead. He is more likely to be killed by his own side and blame put on Russia. He is in some respects serving Russia's interests as he is pretty lame and useless. Someone to negotiate with. Everybody has seen whilst they were reaching mutual agreement he suddenly turned and walked away in the March negotiations. All indications are he was told to walk away by uncle Sam and our jolly Boris.

But I would question why he has his money and assets totalling 1bn abroad. I would like to find out how he became the richest comedian in the shortest possible time?
He is doing an impressive job rallying his people and speaking with other leaders EVERY DAY. He is working his ass to save Ukraine.
Well that's his current job the puppet on a string that he is. I disagree with you strongly here. He should be talking to his own people as well as looking to save Ukraine and lives from destruction. There was a youtube clip of a US Senator saying what a marvellous outcome for US we have here, going to war with Russia without the loss of any US marines.

Overall, with a global recession on the horizon and economies on meltdown from high debt, high inflation and low or no productivity, coupled with shortage of stable foods, national leaders (as mentioned) will be toppled.

I heard Boris has rejected Free School Meals. Tories running around trying to deliver tax cuts to save his bacon. So someone tell me how or the why UK should give billions to this comedian for making a Churchill speech to Parliament. The shenannigans are just so freaking outrageous it is farcical.

. . . He is working his ass to save Ukraine.
CV,
What I think you meant to say is that he (Zelensky) is working his ass off to save his own ass.
If he's half as smart as you think he is he'll know that the west doesn't give a poop about him or ordinary Ukrainians and when it no longer suits them to throw shed loads of money and weapons at him they'll drop him like a proverbial stone. He'll then discover who his real friends are and I suspect he'll be able to count them on the fingers of one hand. At that point he and Ukraine will either have to surrender to Russia or negotiate with Russia - those are the only realistic options that I can see. Of course, if he's really smart he'll negotiate now and get the west to agree to lift sanctions against Russia as one of his main bargaining chips. If he leaves it too late, i.e. after the west has dropped him, he could find himself with little left to bargain with.
Tim.

I don't think so. That's just the MSM making him out to be as such. Moreover, Russia doesn't want him dead. He is more likely to be killed by his own side and blame put on Russia. He is in some respects serving Russia's interests as he is pretty lame and useless. Someone to negotiate with. Everybody has seen whilst they were reaching mutual agreement he suddenly turned and walked away in the March negotiations. All indications are he was told to walk away by uncle Sam and our jolly Boris.
WOW conspiracy on steroids, maybe he convinced Putin to invade just to boost his popularity... :unsure: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

But I would question why he has his money and assets totalling 1bn abroad. I would like to find out how he became the richest comedian in the shortest possible time?
He was rich before being president, he could escape and remain rich, just like Poroshenko or the Klitchkos.
Sorry but his courage does not fit with the shit you are throwing at him here.

There was a youtube clip of a US Senator saying what a marvellous outcome for US we have here, going to war with Russia without the loss of any US marines.
Fully agree on this.

Last edited:

The "International Legion" of mercenaries suffered the greatest losses in the industrial zone of Severodonetsk

Last edited:
BBC News at 10 o'clock last night was as good as saying it's game over for Ukraine. In the vid' linked below, Scott Ritter tells it like it is and pretty much comes to the same conclusion. It's time to stop the fighting and end the death and destruction today. The longer this goes on the worse it will be for Zelensky and Ukraine. The smart thing for him to do - the heroic thing to do - is to call a ceasefire and go to the negotiating table.