Ukraine invasion

. . .seeing as though a clown is kicking his arse in Ukraine.
C_V,
You know how - as a general rule of thumb - if you completely reverse what MSM would have us all believe - that you'll end up being closer to the truth? Well, that also applies to this war. One simply can't accept what either side says when it comes to who's incurring the most losses or who's winning or losing the war. If Putin's arse really is being kicked, then we'd be getting reports of towns and territory taken by Russia in the first phase of the war being retaken by Ukrainian forces. There aren't many (if any) of those. And the military maps that show the slow but steady advance westwards by Russian forces would show them retreating eastwards back towards Russia. They don't do that. So, we can say with considerable confidence that whilst it's a very slow grind for Putin (unsurprising given how he's effectively fighting a war not just against Ukraine, but also against all of NATO and the U.S.) - he's certainly not getting his arse kicked. As for personnel losses, I've read some reports that Zelensky's losing on average 300 soldiers a day. That would put Ukrainian losses well north of 20,000 - which is clearly unsustainable and would paint a very different complexion on the whole conflict and the narrative we're being fed. Even if we assume that the numbers are smaller and roughly equal on both sides (which is being very generous to Ukraine), then Zelensky will run out of soldiers long before Putin does.

To conclude, I think you're expressing what you wish was happening - rather than what is actually happening. Needless to say, the chasm that lies between the two is huge! ;-)

NB: The link below contains very graphic images of dead soldiers.
RUSSIAN ADVANCE & HEAVY LOSSES OF UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES IN DONBAS (PHOTOS, VIDEOS 21+)
Tim.

Last edited:
C_V,
You know how - as a general rule of thumb - if you completely reverse what MSM would have us all believe - that you'll end up being closer to the truth? Well, that also applies to this war. One simply can't accept what either side says when it comes to who's incurring the most losses or who's winning or losing the war. If Putin's arse really is being kicked, then we'd be getting reports of towns and territory taken by Russia in the first phase of the war being retaken by Ukrainian forces. There aren't many (if any) of those. And the military maps that show the slow but steady advance westwards by Russian forces would show them retreating eastwards back towards Russia. They don't do that. So, we can say with considerable confidence that whilst it's a very slow grind for Putin (unsurprising given how he's effectively fighting a war not just against Ukraine, but also against all of NATO and the U.S.) - he's certainly not getting his arse kicked. As for personnel losses, I've read some reports that Zelensky's losing on average 300 soldiers a day. That would put Ukrainian losses well north of 20,000 - which is clearly unsustainable and would paint a very different complexion on the whole conflict and the narrative we're being fed. Even if we assume that the numbers are smaller and roughly equal on both sides (which is being very generous to Ukraine), then Zelensky will run out of soldiers long before Putin does.

To conclude, I think you're expressing what you wish was happening - rather than what is actually happening. Needless to say, the chasm that lies between the two is huge! ;-)

NB: The link below contains very graphic images of dead soldiers.
RUSSIAN ADVANCE & HEAVY LOSSES OF UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES IN DONBAS (PHOTOS, VIDEOS 21+)
Tim.

Putin's persecution complex issues continue. Nothing but excuses for his botched unjust invasion of Ukraine.
What a pathetic specimen he is.

There was some chatter earlier in the thread about the price of fence panels. :ROFLMAO:
Probably worth reminding everyone that property prices are up over 10% in the last 12 months. Just for context.

:rolleyes:

Putin's persecution complex issues continue. Nothing but excuses for his botched unjust invasion of Ukraine.

There was some chatter earlier in the thread about the price of fence panels. :ROFLMAO:
Probably worth reminding everyone that property prices are up over 10% in the last 12 months. Just for context.

This is what is desired by the West leaders. Blame our woes on Russia.

Inflation was always the desired goal anyhow to wipe out banking crises and war debt. Trillions of debt will be peanuts in another 10 years. Not rocket science.

The war machine is really doing well too. Use up old weapons before they expire and become obsolete and then replenish ammo fired and sell new weapons based on fear.

However, as with all wars, the West will suffer. As much as Britain likes to think it won the two WWars, in actual reality, we lost the empire to the yanks.

The Empire in the Commonwealth still exists though thanks to the fabulous sport of Cricket which truly binds us all.

It is European residents that should be scared of looking in the mirror

Yep C_V, guilty as charged. ;-)
Why you'll need a £15,000 pay rise just to get a mortgage
The housing bubble is about to burst and, when it does, loads of people are going to be faced with negative equity and those with fixed-rate mortgages are going to get the shock of their lives when they revert to a variable rate. Add in the hike in fuel costs and you have a perfect storm. It's going to get really ugly - no doubt about it - it's simply a question of when - not if.
Tim.

Added:

Last edited:
Ukraine should negotiate with Putin to protect German economy, VW boss says
"The chief executive of Volkswagen has called for a negotiated settlement between Russia and Ukraine so that sanctions can be lifted to avoid damaging the German economy. . ."

At last, a voice of reason, although it's a shame that the motivation to negotiate is driven purely by economic factors as opposed to just wanting to stop the appalling and needless loss of life. Still, it's a move in the right direction.
Tim.

Ukraine should negotiate with Putin to protect German economy, VW boss says
"The chief executive of Volkswagen has called for a negotiated settlement between Russia and Ukraine so that sanctions can be lifted to avoid damaging the German economy. . ."

At last, a voice of reason, although it's a shame that the motivation to negotiate is driven purely by economic factors as opposed to just wanting to stop the appalling and needless loss of life. Still, it's a move in the right direction.
Tim.

I think only the Russians are interested in saving civilians and stopping the war.

The West is advertising jobs for mercenaries to go to fight and die Ukraine.

Shocking morality of the US and UK.

I am hearing more voices opposing the US and UK view point though. After peace prevails and people take stock of what was achieved, they will see it was a sad and wasteful war.

I'm interested in what Finland and Sweden will decide re:NATO.

I'm thinking they'll say something like: We'll keep the option to join NATO open, but now is not the right time to escalate events and defer application.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Leveling towns is a perfect way to save civilians... :sneaky:
I think it's clear how people like you in the West consider civilians differently depending on what their cultural and ethnic background is.

Those Gravitas Plus videos clearly provide evidence of the hypocrisy of the West.

Do you ever pause to think about what your values and principles really are?

I think it's clear how people like you in the West consider civilians differently depending on what their cultural and ethnic background is.
I agree but here we are discussing Ukraine invasion.
Who is killing civilians in Ukraine? Russia
It is a war and I am sure that there is also friendly fire but it is extremely unlikey that ukranians are bombing their builings.

I cannot accept a sentence like "russians want to stop the war to save civilians", russians want to stop the war to keep the land they occupied in Ukraine.
If their priority was saving civilians they would not have started the war.

Last edited:
Who is killing civilians in Ukraine? Russia
Not only, Ukrainian Nazis killed civilians since 2014/2015 in the Donbass regions.
That's what's always made forgotten in the West.

If their priority was saving civilians they would not have started the war.
That's WHY the invasion was started, to save the live of civilians in the Donbass region after more than 10,000 were killed there since 2014/2015.
The Ukranian governmet failed for a peaceful solution since more than 7 years, they didn't hold Minsk I or Minsk II agreements.

edit:
In all the discussions since February 24, there has been no constructive statement from Ukraine on the Donbass region: what do they want with this territory if they only terrorize the people living there?

The Ukranian governmet failed for a peaceful solution since more than 7 years, they didn't hold Minsk I or Minsk II agreements.
What matters more, territorial integrity as stated by UN chart or agreements for a problem created by Russia that occupied Crimea and sent spies and mercenaries to create a Donbas question?

If you want to believe that Ukraine is ruled by nazis or by squirrels this doesn't matter, Ukraine is not Russia and internal questions are solved by Ukraine not by Russia.

Russian invasion caused more civilian deaths in 2 months than 8 years of war in Donbas.

Not only, Ukrainian Nazis killed civilians since 2014/2015 in the Donbass regions.
That's what's always made forgotten in the West.

That's WHY the invasion was started, to save the live of civilians in the Donbass region after more than 10,000 were killed there since 2014/2015.

edit:
In all the discussions since February 24, there has been no constructive statement from Ukraine on the Donbass region: what do they want with this territory if they only terrorize the people living there?

People in Donbas region are predominantly Russian and so they don't count as Ukrainians according to Cavaliers' version of what constitutes civilian. They are invaders and must be purged (some would say ethnically cleansed out of Ukraine). Ukraine MUST become a member of NATO so it can house more US WMD.

As long as the BBC does not report their atrocities then anything you or anybody else says is Russian propaganda. This is because only the West have moral superiority in reporting the truth.

As I understand it any civilian in Ukraine who has any Russian bias, like relatives in Russia or have travelled to mother Russia, don't count as humans. They are sub-human some other non-Ukrainian species or other.

Biden has just passed a bill to provide $40bn to support Ukraine? How many lives is that going to save?

How much of that money will go to people - essentially those in power, at the decision making points will get richer. The rest of the population will just be cannon fodder for the elitists' agenda, supporting the war machine.

If you guys do not see the truth or step up to owning the double standards spouted out, shame on you all :(.

What matters more, territorial integrity as stated by UN chart or agreements for a problem created by Russia that occupied Crimea and sent spies and mercenaries to create a Donbas question?

Well if you want to standby your sentiment do you not think Zelensky can save lives by negotiating with the Russians and backing down from NATO membership which means absolute FA to Ukranian civilians anyhow?

Obviously NATO matters more to the tune of $900m to Zelensky at a moderate guestimate.

What matters more, territorial integrity as stated by UN chart
That was irrelevant in Yugoslavia, in Vietnam or Korea.
But there was always a cruel war.
UN always failed to accuse similar crimes as war crimes in this areas as long as there was no war.
No we have it in Ukraine.

In history arbitrary boundaries were corrected.

If Ukraine does not accept people with Russian roots living since generations in the Ukraine territory, they should get accustomed to a territory split as it was made in Yugoslavia for similar reasons.

Last edited:
That was irrelevant in Yugoslavia,
This is an interesting comparison.
I know Croatia was supported by Germany but it wasn't occupied by the German army.
Slovenia wasn't occupied by Italy or Austria.
The same for Czechoslovakia.
I am for real self determination, not for invasions masked into self determination.