Ukraine invasion

It appears that our PM thinks Putin and Russia are bluffing in their threat to use nuclear weapons if NATO continues to provide military aid to Ukraine:
What makes Boris Johnson so sure Vladimir Putin is bluffing over his nuclear threats to UK? I fear they're real, writes STEPHEN GLOVER
If NATO insists on bringing about the defeat of Russia on the most humiliating terms, it risks making a second error that could be calamitous for the West – in threatening nuclear retaliation, Putin and Lavrov almost certainly mean what they say, writes Stephen Glover in the Mail.

So, I was thinking, how about a little straw poll among subscribers to this thread. With this in mind, which of these two statements best reflects your views:
A) BoJo, NATO and the west must take Putin's threats seriously and do everything possible to end the conflict - not ramp it up. The dispute between Russia and Ukraine is not our war; Ukraine is not part of NATO (cough) and I'm not prepared to die trying to protect it.
B) Putin must be stopped at any cost from gaining (further) control of Ukraine, even if it results in nuclear war which kills me, my family and friends. That's a risk I'm willing to take as it's preferable to turn the world into a nuclear wasteland rather than have Putin claiming even the smallest of victories.

Needless to say, position A best reflects where I'm at. How about you: A or B?
Tim.

Oh definitely A.

US and West have initiated this war bringing about the special intervention and escalation into war.

Bullies will continue to do what they do until they get pushback. I think Russia has been passive against the many threats to national interest and now we are seeing a more aggressive Russia.

It will not stop with Ukraine either imo, but will continue. AND yes Russia will start supporting other factions friendly to it and push-back on anti-Russian sentiment just as the US and Zelensky have done in Ukraine with pro-Russian civilians.

I always think the US will be the US but very disappointed with the EU just blindly following the US in a knee jerk reaction. They need to see that US always fights proxy wars 000s of miles away from her borders. Ukraine is on our borders and EU life will be impacted big time.

Is it not obvious that the US meddles all over the world. They've done with the ME and now looking at what damage they can do with peaceful and prosperous Europe.

To enlarge the photos:

It appears that our PM thinks Putin and Russia are bluffing in their threat to use nuclear weapons if NATO continues to provide military aid to Ukraine:
What makes Boris Johnson so sure Vladimir Putin is bluffing over his nuclear threats to UK? I fear they're real, writes STEPHEN GLOVER
If NATO insists on bringing about the defeat of Russia on the most humiliating terms, it risks making a second error that could be calamitous for the West – in threatening nuclear retaliation, Putin and Lavrov almost certainly mean what they say, writes Stephen Glover in the Mail.

So, I was thinking, how about a little straw poll among subscribers to this thread. With this in mind, which of these two statements best reflects your views:
A) BoJo, NATO and the west must take Putin's threats seriously and do everything possible to end the conflict - not ramp it up. The dispute between Russia and Ukraine is not our war; Ukraine is not part of NATO (cough) and I'm not prepared to die trying to protect it.
B) Putin must be stopped at any cost from gaining (further) control of Ukraine, even if it results in nuclear war which kills me, my family and friends. That's a risk I'm willing to take as it's preferable to turn the world into a nuclear wasteland rather than have Putin claiming even the smallest of victories.

Needless to say, position A best reflects where I'm at. How about you: A or B?
Tim.

A: As any thinking adult should, including Ukrainians

Ref: https://www.heritage.org

Russia ranks higher than Ukraine in economic freedom....what exactly are Ukrainians fighting for?

"Russia’s economic freedom score is 56.1, making its economy the 113th freest in the 2022 Index."

"Ukraine’s economic freedom score is 54.1, making its economy the 130th freest in the 2022 Index."

Fake news by WSJ?

Or a serious mistake? Maybe I missed something, but I can't find anything about it at TASS, while the WSJ is supposedly quoting TASS here.

Last edited:

Absolutely true. Zelensky is in the pocket of foreign interests n money.

Never heard of billionaire comics. I'd like him to account for his wealth.

Including the bodies behind his TV series. He was bred for this role n position by foreign interests.

I like to know where he thinks his taking his country. What is his vision?

He is just another tyrant imo. This is all about him. Not Ukraine or the people of Ukraine of all descents.

Last edited:
I like to know where he thinks his taking his country. What is his vision?
At',
I recommend you watch/listen to the introductory segment to yesterday's UK Column News programme which has an excellent assessment of what has happened to Ukraine (in terms of its treatment by the west - as opposed to its treatment by Putin and Russia). I think it answers your question pretty well. Enjoy . . .
The Betrayal of Ukraine

Does anyone know how the sanctions are going - has the Russian Ruble turned to rubble as Joe Biden promised? I'm gonna have to get onto TradingView as this weekly chart of theirs must be wrong. It appears to show the Ruble at pre-pandemic levels and having regained all the ground (and then some) from the drop at the start of the conflict. Surely that can't be right!

RUBUSD_2022-05-05_13-22-46.png

Meanwhile, the war continues to serve the interests of the west very well. Interest rates going up, fuel prices going through the roof - it's all Putin's fault don't ya know. He really is the perfect bogeyman. . .
Warning UK economy to shrink as interest rates rise
". . .In its latest report, the Bank predicted inflation would now hit 9% in the coming months - up from a previous forecast of 8% - and breach 10.25% by the end of the year.
It said the impact of the Ukraine war on household energy prices was largely to blame, following the increase in the energy price cap in April and a further expected increase in October which could push household bills up to £2,800 a year."

Question: when will people wake up to the fact that this is a proxy war between the U.S. and Russia which is very much in the interests of the U.S. to prosecute. It won't be long before the U.K. and EU will be doing deals to import U.S. oil and shale gas at prices two, three or four times as high as the prices we paid to Putin. Time for Joe Public to wake up to what this war is really all about!
Tim.

Really really excellent production with superb material really well covered.

It shows the depth and level of involvement right down to the so-called charitable organisations and white helmets doing humanitarian work as to how subtle and sinister the whole operation is. Superbly well oiled, greased and crafted DECEPTION.

The suffering and rising deaths of the Ukrainian people really are underplayed unless ofcourse they can be used against the Russians making them look bad.

On another level, what UK and US does on the international stage is really less important because other up and coming nations know how they operate and are quite able to respond or simply ignore.

Something that'll be deeply troubling to the US of A and probably an unintended consequence of this war and sanctions will be the declining dollar standard and rise of the rouble. I think this will be giving the US absolute NIGHTMARES.

UK Sterling to follow.
Now £1.25. Given up on the 1.40 and 1.30s. Wont be long before we see 1.20s.

Falls in any currency's purchasing power is very bad. May mean exports get a boost but that is a one time event.

The FED finally acting with that rate hike now that inflation is at 8% is ridiculous. It shows the free money printing presses do have their limits.

In another worrying case, both the US and UK actively participated in this war and attacked mainland Russian infrastructure. Has the signature of the SAS operating behind enemy lines. Whether Ukrainians did it or not but were trained by the UK and US is immaterial. Orders are probably already given and some terrorist cells probably will do the same in exchange for large doses of money in the UK. I'm dreading the worst. Rising fuel prices, inflation and attacks by nutters.

This is going to get awfully messy, and sillier if the war is prolonged as desired by the West.

Just to put it out there in the negotiations in Turkey, Russia did not object to Ukraine joining the EU. Only NATO.

I've still yet to discover why Zelensky is hell double bent over inside out pursuing NATO membership.

Non-negotiable membership of NATO. Great visionary of Ukraine. What a sicko he is.

Some word beginning with the letter sick C comes to mind but I can't bring myself to say it.

I wonder if dictator Putin will cancel the 9th May celebrations. He probably should, seeing as though a clown is kicking his arse in Ukraine.