Ukraine invasion

Within the same article, this article is linked:
Russian “Partial Victory” in Ukraine Is the Only Possible Scenario – US Expert
". . . Dispensing with the impossible scenarios, Andrew Latham then concludes that a “partly dismembered” Ukraine is the “only conceivable outcome”: it will not get back neither Crimea nor the Donbass republics. In his view, this means that Kiev will not be “free” to join neither NATO nor the EU, and thus will neither become part of the Western nor part of the Eurasian bloc – and this will certainly not be a Ukrainian victory, but a Russian one, albeit “partial”, according to him. . ."

It's clear to anyone who cares to look that the war is as good as lost. Russia is in the driving seat and it's now just a question of whether or not they think they can secure all of the south of the country to Moldova, thus reducing Ukraine to becoming a land locked country and completely dependant upon Russia for imports/exports via Black Sea ports. Russia may just call it quits having achieved the bulk of their aims already. Who knows. One thing is a cast iron guarantee though - and there's a 1oz 999 silver Britannia up for grabs for anyone who thinks otherwise - Ukraine definitely isn't getting back Luhansk, Donetsk and Crimea. No chance, they're gone for good. Period.
Tim.

Oops.
EUR€ drops below parity with USD$!!!

EURUSD_2022-08-23_19-24-26.png

The Russians will break !

On the evidence of the last month, targeting of supply lines. How long before it all falls apart.

I think people are slowly waking up to what US bully boy is all about.

It is just like a big fat obese bully boy. Big fist, fat belly, gorging it self on other nations interests and resources. All consumed by capitalism, the accumulation of wealth in the hands of the few.

Even Americans are seeing this in their own country. It is wrong and they are saying it so. That is the ones who get out of their trailers and travel the world a little.

Really really sad this Ukraine situ. Should never have reached this point if the circumstances were not fed and manipulated by the US of A.

I think people will slowly wake up. They always do after the event. Very sad. :(

:) As the trends continue we will see the economic and military downgrade of Russia.
This is real world economics on realistic timescales playing out.

Soviet Union a once influential superpower reduced to nonentity under Putin.

Last edited:
Roger Waters, one of the founders of the British rock band Pink Floyd, said in an interview with TASS.

He recalled that the United States had promised to the former President of the USSR Mikhail Gorbachev that NATO would not expand to the east.

I think he remembers history the way he wanted it to turn out.

Maybe he should have taken more LSD, like some of his bandmates. :D

But hey ho, the dreamers on this thread can believe whatever they like.
c_v,
The most striking thing is is that for all your bluster, the military maps, revenue statistics and forex charts show a completely different story. You're peddling a fantasy. I know it's a fantasy. You know it's a fantasy and I know you know it's a fantasy because if you believed in half of what you post you'd take me up on my wager. That no one on your side of the argument is prepared even to risk €50 tops tells us just how much you lot really believe in the MSM rhetoric and blatant propaganda. Zelensky isn't going to drive the Russians out of Ukraine. He can't. He's fast running out of personnel, equipment, munitions and money. No one - as in literally no one other than pure fantasists - is saying that Ukraine's pre-2014 borders can be restored. The only dreamer on this thread is you.
Tim.

Dreamers are those whe believe the fairy tale of Russia good liberating Ukraine from neonazis.
Russian propaganda is getting full cringe.
Putin has gone too far and now he will pay the price of his greed: losing Crimea.

Dreamers are those whe believe the fairy tale of Russia good liberating Ukraine from neonazis.
Putin has gone too far and now he will pay the price of his greed: losing Crimea.

Not about Putin dude. You still banging the Putin drum.

What price is the UK and rest of Europe and the World paying for Ukraine insistence on joining NATO, hosting Nazi battalions and US bio-labs researching deadly viruses? THAT is the question.

even to risk €50
I am not used to bet but if it is so important to give credibility to my position let's do that.
I have a Revolut card so I can make wire trasnfers to UK bank accounts.
We can define minor and major victory conditions worth 50 or 100 GBP .

Ukraine restoring pre war borders: +50
Ukraine restoring 2014 legal borders: +100
Ukraine conceding land: -50
Ukraine conceding more than 25% : -100

CV,
What I believe or don't believe is completely irrelevant. It's what's actually happening on the ground - for better or for worse - that counts. All key indicators show that Russia is making slow - but steady - progress. Brian (The New Atlas) has provided extensive and detailed reasons as to why it's slow - so I won't go into that here. You can dream and wish it was otherwise - but that's just fantasising.
I am not used to bet but if it is so important to give credibility to my position let's do that.
I have a Revolut card so I can make wire trasnfers to UK bank accounts.
We can define minor and major victory conditions worth 50 or 100 GBP .
The terms of the bet are that Russia will not give up - and/or Ukraine will not retake - Luhansk, Donetsk and Crimea. I.e., slice 'n dice it any way you like, Luhansk and Donetsk will not be part of Ukraine, but will either be independent peoples republics or part of Russia. Crimea will remain part of Russia. You can set the deadline for the bet, and the winner receives 1oz of 999 fine silver (the loser can choose whether it's a coin or bar).
Tim.

I would say 2 years of war so 24 Feb 2024 .
Very good.
So to confirm, the wager is with regard to who will be in control of the three regions of Luhansk, Donetsk and Crimea on the 24th February 2024. The terms of the bet are as follows:

1. If, on the 24th February 2024, the three regions of Luhansk, Donetsk and Crimea are under the control of Ukraine - you (CavaliereVerde) win the bet.
2. If they are either independent republics (Luhansk and Donetsk) and/or under Russian control - then I (timsk) win the bet.
3. The winner receives 1oz of 999 fine silver (the loser can choose whether it's a coin or bar), to include delivery to an address specified by the winner.
Agreed?
Tim.

CavaliereVerde_Prize.jpg