Ukraine invasion

More now from President Volodymyr Zelensky, who has vowed to "liberate" all of Ukraine's territories that are occupied by Russia without "any concession or compromise".

"We don't care what army you have, we only care about our land. We will fight for it until the end," he said in a video address today.

Zelensky rules out compromise with Russia​

He says they will reclaim the eastern Donbas region and Russian-occupied Crimea, "however difficult the path may be".

"For us, Ukraine is the whole of Ukraine. All 25 regions, without any concession or compromise," he adds.

It comes after Zelensky told representatives of around 60 countries and international organisations at a virtual summit on Crimea yesterday that Ukraine would drive Russian forces out of the peninsula by any means necessary.

US to send Ukraine $3bn more in military aid​

The United States will announce $3bn in fresh military aid to Kyiv as Ukraine marks its Independence Day, as well as the six-month anniversary of the Russian invasion.
The announcement from the White House is expected later today, a US official confirmed, and comes after Washington warned that Moscow could be planning strikes on major civilian targets in Ukraine around its national holiday.
The military funding will help Ukraine acquire more weaponry, ammunition and other supplies for its armed forces, the Associated Press reports.
It would mark the biggest single military aid package from the US to help Ukraine after it already provided more than $10bn in aid to Kyiv since the start of the war.

Ramping up military aid would only happen if the collective West sensed weakness and opportunity.
So, we are clearly in that window.

Cav's bet is a slam dunk !

What if is the situation is back to Feb 2022?
Not sure what you're asking CV - do you mean that Ukraine is back in control of Luhansk and Donetsk while Russia retains control of Crimea? So, effectively, we leave Crimea out of the bet. Yeah, that's fine by me if that's what you want.
Tim.

Last edited:
Not sure what you're asking CV - do you mean that Ukraine is back in control of Luhansk and Donetsk while Russia retains control of Crimea? So, effectively, we leave Crimea out of the bet. Yeah, that's fine by me if that's what you want.
Tim.
I mean Russia controls Crimea and a small part of Donbas like before the invasion.
Generally it is considered a victory (minor) for Ukraine but we could do that nobody wins in that case.

I mean Russia controls Crimea and a small part of Donbas like before the invasion.
Generally it is considered a victory (minor) for Ukraine but we could do that nobody wins in that case.
CV,
Either take the bet as it stands or amend it to something you're happy with. But it needs to be clear, precise and definable so that come 24th Feb' 2024 there are no grey areas and it's a binary conclusion of one clear winner and one clear loser. You decide.
Tim.

That is fine let's bet for total victory, ether for Russia or Ukraine.
So if the war ends today nobody wins.
Nobody wins also if Russia controls the land it was controlling just before the invasion.

Last edited:
That is fine let's bet for total victory, ether for Russia or Ukraine.
So if the war ends today nobody wins.
Nobody wins also if Russia controls the land it was controlling jus before the invasion.
No CV - you're ducking out. - you're doing the exact opposite of what needs to happen in order for the wager to work. Obviously, there will still be something left of Ukraine when the war ends - whenever that may. Putin isn't interested in a complete takeover - that was never on the cards. So, let's keep it simple and realistic and stick with whatever combo' of the three regions you want. That means that if the war ends today I win the bet.
Tim.

There is no control of Donetsk oblast today.
So let me understand: Luhansk (empty farmald) + Crimea (that was already russian before the invasion) and you win? :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO:
A plane designed in the 70s up against the latest and best air defence system in the world. You gotta be kidding! It's just another of those kite flying exercises to con you lot into thinking there's some wonder weapon that will change the course of the war in Ukraine's favour. It won't. First there was the triple 7 howitzers, then Himars, then HARMS and now this outdated piece of kit that Ukrainian pilots are learning to fly via a crowd funded simulator. P l e a s e - give us all a break and get it into your heads that it's game over - the war is as good as lost!
Tim.

There is no control of Donetsk oblast today.
So let me understand: Luhansk (empty farmald) + Crimea (that was already russian before the invasion) and you win? :ROFLMAO:
CV,
You write the wager out as I've done - and I'll consider it. At the moment all you're doing is obfuscating the bet and deliberately making it unnecessarily complicated. If you don't want to accept it - and I quite understand that you wouldn't because you don't want to lose - that's fine. But at least have the cojones and the honesty to say so.
Tim.

I think the current situation is not a victory for Russia so I cannot accept to pay you just for Russia doing nothing more than this.

These are my terms as I stated before:

1. Ukraine restoring pre war borders: +50
2. Ukraine restoring 2014 legal borders: +100
3. Ukraine conceding land: -50
4. Ukraine conceding more than 25% : -100

Today we are in case 3 partial victory for russia not total victory.

This bet changes like the war in Ukraine.

Have you 2 sorted out the terms yet?

JHC, can you imagine if either were put in charge of getting anything done !

These are my terms as I stated before:

1. Ukraine restoring pre war borders: +50
2. Ukraine restoring 2014 legal borders: +100
3. Ukraine conceding land: -50
4. Ukraine conceding more than 25% : -100

Today we are in case 3 partial victory for russia not total victory.
CV,
I've no idea what the + and - figures mean or how they relate to the outcome of the bet. It's too complicated, ambiguous and with no way of deciding who wins or loses. You want to introduce wiggle room so you can duck out when you lose. I want to avoid that and, if I lose, I will gladly send you the very coin I posted earlier.

So, the bet is as laid out in blue below. If you want to add or delete a region - be my guest - otherwise leave it alone. The only exception would be if you can make the terms even clearer and more watertight than they already are. 'KISS' principle applies. (On that note, if any subscribers to the thread reading this have any suggestions - please post them.)

1. If, on the 24th February 2024, the three regions of Luhansk, Donetsk and Crimea are under the control of Ukraine - you (CavaliereVerde) win the bet.
2. If they are either independent republics (Luhansk and Donetsk) and/or under Russian control - then I (timsk) win the bet.
3. The winner receives 1oz of 999 fine silver (the loser can choose whether it's a coin or bar), to include delivery to an address specified by the winner.

So, do we have a bet - yes or no?
Tim.

1 I win 100
2 I win 50
3 you win 50
4 you win 100

Sorry but your conditions are not fine for me, immagine Ukraine recaptures Kherson and the landbridge between Crimea and Donbas you still would win, this does not make sense.

Last edited: