Ukraine invasion

A few pages, back c_v posted a video with a comment that the Russian economy is down the toilet - or something to that effect. That is self-evidently, patently untrue, along with the assertion that Russia is losing the war. Evidence to the contrary is everywhere. The Rouble - far from being turned to rubble - is soaring. Russia doesn't have the same levels of inflation and cost of living crisis we have in the west. And it has plenty natural resources, especially oil and gas. . .
Russian energy export earnings grow 38% this year

So, this coming winter, we'll all be cold, either because there's no gas to heat our homes and/or because we can't afford it. The Russians - on the other hand - will be nice 'n toasty. All the while, those pesky military maps refuse to play ball, even the pro-Ukrainian ones - which continue to show a slow but steady advance westwards by Russian forces. Why don't the maps understand that Russia is losing. Grrrrr!

There's a strong argument to be made that the west has been more than a little foolish regarding Russia and sanctions against it. Putin now has a vested interest not only to win the war, but to do everything he can to scupper the economies of the west just as they've tried - and failed lamentably - to scupper his. To do this, he's actively engaged in trying to knock the USD$ as the world's reserve currency off its pedestal. He has a plan to achieve this which is clearly and comprehensively outlined by the commentator in the video below. I think it has a high chance of success, not least because everyone cares first and foremost about numero uno, either at national level or an individual one, and if Russia can enable others to profit, countries and people the world over will bite Russia's arm off at the ankle in a clamour for a share of the profits. Putin could soon have the hypocritical self-serving western elites by the short 'n curlies and it'll be western economies - not Russia's - that are 'down the toilet'.

Here's the vid'. . .

Last edited:
In light of my post above, and irrespective of your views about the war in Ukraine, I recommend strongly that everyone keeps a close eye one these two charts (and/or their U.S. counterparts). Many say that there's never been a better time to buy. Perhaps. I'm of the view that there's still more downside potential. The key, IMO, is the USD$: when DXY starts to waterfall - which I believe is only a matter of time (especially if Putin's plans play out) - then it'll be time to back up the truck with precious metals. Just my £0.02p worth.

XAUGBP_2022-08-22_11-21-41.png

XAGGBP_2022-08-22_11-23-05.png

How depressing.

Desperate Putin will take anybody, promise them the earth, then leave them abandoned to their ultimate fate.
All this in the name of some bonkers crusade that he cannot possibly win.

Back to watching and waiting.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

How depressing.

Desperate Biden will take anybody, promise them the earth, then leave them abandoned to their ultimate fate.
All this in the name of some bonkers crusade that he cannot possibly win.

Back to watching and waiting.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

With Zegal there is no hope for Ukraine...

:ROFLMAO:
Instead of sharing one useless opinion after the other from useless channels, there is much more valuable content on Youtube.

Sit down.
lean back.
Relax.
Listen to the music.
It's Ukrainian.
It's magic.
Ukrainian magic.
Recorded when Ukraine was one.

They have more. The music is full of joy, even if I don't understand a word.
Ukrainian joy.

And more ...

Unfortunaltely they don't play in Italy, but in London.

I heard on the news that as well as gas prices sky rocketing, the UK are now looking at raising the handouts and in particular housing to Ukrainian refugees.

Has anyone calculated the cost to the taxpayer what the intransigent obsessive compulsion of Ukraine wanting to join NATO is and why are we supporting such nonsense?

I never thought Russia was a risk to the UK or the EU? Still isn't.

UK now looking at 18% inflation mainly fuelled by fuel prices. No pun intended. :(

I've always been a Pink Floyd fan - even more so now. Well done to Roger Waters for going on the most mainstream of U.S. MSM and for CNN for having him on. That said, I'll wager his chances of being invited back after this interview are slim to none! Enjoy . . .

I think this news is very potent to digest.

The initial conception to the West was that like Afghanistan, Ukraine would bleed Russia of resources fighting a war it can not win. However, Ukraine is totally different.

First off the Donbas region and Luhansk has a pro-Russian civilian populace. Secondly, now that territory has been gained and very successfully indeed, holding it will be a lot easier then for Ukraine to try and capture it.

The hit and run and odd wins will only go so far as Ukraine will be the party that bleeds resources and lives trying to win back the impossible.

The cost to the West is almost exponential. The rise in oil, gas and commodities benefits Russia at the expense of the rising costs to the West.

So really it is karma beautifully coming around to bite Uncle Sam's deceptions and blood curdling efforts training Nazis and setting up illegal bio-labs right in the bum. Moreover, they will be questioning why on earth would they want an unruly country like Ukraine in NATO. Other than the territory it holds next to Russia to plant rockets on, it really has very little advantage. With hypersonic missiles, it can be neutralised in the blink of an eye.

So as before, so much pain for so little gain. Europe must be thinking WTF have we done?

So on one side, you have friendly Russia rich in minerals and energy resources, and on the other you have the US of A, full of war-mongering bullying cowboys, War Lords, selling WMD and dangerous chemicals. AND now the possibility of nutters blowing up Nuclear reactors.

With Nuclear reactors or Nuclear war it really doesn't matter who is right or wrong we all end up going up in Radio activity of sorts wiht food contamination lasting years.

This is one fecking war that should never have been started. Zelensky can go and sit on Uncle Sam's lap. The rest of the globe and Europe should move on making peace and neutralise Ukraine much like Austria and Switzerland and we all live happily.

Lesson Learned. :)

Last edited: