UK Politics

Well, somebody's got to support Gary Lineker's lifestyle and pay his wages at the BBC haven't they?
There must be a bunch of morons running the BBC. They spend the public's licence fee money like it grows on trees.
The £16 million Jonathon Ross is getting illustrates my point.
Unless there is a darker side of kickbacks !

There must be a bunch of morons running the BBC. They spend the public's licence fee money like it grows on trees.
The £16 million Jonathon Ross is getting illustrates my point.
Unless there is a darker side of kickbacks !

The BBC is looking like an extension of the government now that it decides social welfare policy by deciding who qualifies for free TV licences based on whether they are receiving pension credit or not. BBC is also like government in that when it comes to spending somebody else's money (which you've lawfully taken from them whether they like it or not) you don't have to pay too much attention to getting value for money or spending wisely, because there's plenty more where that came from!

I suspect that the government, having allowed the BBC to do its own dirty work, will regret it. Just another nail in the coffin of this rotten government & Parliament.

The BBC is looking like an extension of the government now that it decides social welfare policy by deciding who qualifies for free TV licences based on whether they are receiving pension credit or not. BBC is also like government in that when it comes to spending somebody else's money (which you've lawfully taken from them whether they like it or not) you don't have to pay too much attention to getting value for money or spending wisely, because there's plenty more where that came from!

I suspect that the government, having allowed the BBC to do its own dirty work, will regret it. Just another nail in the coffin of this rotten government & Parliament.

Of all the pensioners who are entitled to claim pension credit, only about 60% actually do so. Which means the 40% who don't claim will not be entitled to a free TV license. Now that sucks !

My 75th birthday tomorrow. Whoopee I yell, a free TV licence ! BUT no
the swine are stopping that minor perk for the OAPs.
Will I vote for them ?
Not blooming likely.

Many happy returns @Pat494 now that you will be £150 lighter each year, let us hope that your generation have lost none of their affection for the BBC, because they really deserve your money, they really do.

Thanks for the birthday good wishes.
The only thing I like about the BBC is their documentaries.
I think they depress the nation with their constant drip drip drip of 95% of bad news.
Wars and terrorist atrocities etc. are regular items.
The over paid bosses are not doing a good management job either.
The loss of a the free licence shows up the millions they waste on second rate performers.
Many OAPs while shivering in the cold next winter and will only have a bare wall to look at.
I don't talk up for myself as I have a bit of money but for the millions that can't afford a
crappy licence.

Thanks for the birthday good wishes.
The only thing I like about the BBC is their documentaries.
I think they depress the nation with their constant drip drip drip of 95% of bad news.
Wars and terrorist atrocities etc. are regular items.
The over paid bosses are not doing a good management job either.
The loss of a the free licence shows up the millions they waste on second rate performers.
Many OAPs while shivering in the cold next winter and will only have a bare wall to look at.
I don't talk up for myself as I have a bit of money but for the millions that can't afford a
crappy licence.

It’s started, now if we all did it, the BBC would be in a mess which would serve them right.

Dozens of furious TV viewers REFUSE to pay their licences

It’s started, now if we all did it, the BBC would be in a mess which would serve them right.

But will they claw back £15 million from Ross and other overpaid entertainers etc. ?

Bit ironic that if you go to prison for not having a TV licence, when you're inside you can watch TV for free and don't need a licence!

Last edited:
It is all very well the Tory candidates coming out with grandiose tax plans etc, BUT they don't mention the fact that the next Prime Minister will be hamstrung completely and won't be able to get anything passed in Parlt. without the cooperation of some others.

You couldn't imagine the rest of the Tory drongos doing this could you?

Itchy finger hovering over the TV Licence cancel button, anyone else TV license free?

BBC makes me tired. Agenda ridden organisation, not fit for purpose.(n)