UK Politics

I see that Nigel went to see Trump yesterday at a private meeting and apparently Boris was too busy! More interestingly, was the private visit by Duncan-Smith (arch Leaver and Theresa May reject) – is he about to jump ship after Nigel wins Peterborough, seeing as Boris looks set to lead Tories but will still have the same rabble to deal with?

Good thing about Trumps visit is that it exposes all the members of the far left that we don’t want anywhere near power.

I’m sure that the Libdems part in the protests is being underreported also which is a shame as it might also expose how loony they are (or are not) compared to Labour.

Hundreds of thousands of anti-Trump protesters gather in London

Libdems done themselves no favours by behaving like the Corbynistas. Once their Remainer-derived support wears off (Clegg effect?) they will revert to their normal minority state. With Conservative majority now down to 2 (including DUP support which isn't guaranteed) it's going to end up in a GE. Likely outcome will be another hung parliament with Brexit party/Conservative coalition. The Establishment won't like it!

Vince Cable commenting on the break up of Change UK:

He told the BBC he had heard "rumours" and it would be "ideal" if the departing MPs became Lib Dems, but said: "I don't want to comment on that before there is any official announcement."

Sir Vince added: "I don't want to gloat over their failure. It was a failure, but we have got to move on and I want to be positive about it.

"I am simply acknowledging the fact they have tried this project, they are brave people, they broke away from their parties and they deserve credit for that, but setting up a new centre party in the British centre doesn't work."

The bit in red is slightly confusing, is he talking about Change UK being in competition for the centre ground with the Lib Dems (Soubrey states she is more social democrat than liberal democrat), or is he stating that the centre ground is not worth it and by implication the LibDems have moved to the far left?

If its the latter how far to the left have the LibDems moved, as far as Labour, are the LibDems now in direct competition with Corbyn? It seems so to me.

Vince Cable commenting on the break up of Change UK:

He told the BBC he had heard "rumours" and it would be "ideal" if the departing MPs became Lib Dems, but said: "I don't want to comment on that before there is any official announcement."

Sir Vince added: "I don't want to gloat over their failure. It was a failure, but we have got to move on and I want to be positive about it.

"I am simply acknowledging the fact they have tried this project, they are brave people, they broke away from their parties and they deserve credit for that, but setting up a new centre party in the British centre doesn't work."

The bit in red is slightly confusing, is he talking about Change UK being in competition for the centre ground with the Lib Dems (Soubrey states she is more social democrat than liberal democrat), or is he stating that the centre ground is not worth it and by implication the LibDems have moved to the far left?

If its the latter how far to the left have the LibDems moved, as far as Labour, are the LibDems now in direct competition with Corbyn? It seems so to me.

Right now the whole political ground has shifted imo. There is no right or left. It's Brexit or Remain. The centre ground is where the Tories and Labour have tried to play and both lost miserably.

This is no time for politics. It's Brexit or Remain. Libdems used to be perhaps centre ground but over this current Brexit fiasco they have been resolutely Remain. Is that right, left or middle who knows.

Whilst I like Vince, I would not have chosen those particular words to describe the Change UK or LibDems at this conjuncture of British politics.

There may well be an appetite for " peoples' self rule " by referendum online rather than over paid and over egotistical MPs.
I find it alarming that the extremists of all colours are profiting by the headless chickens in the centre.

Right now the whole political ground has shifted imo. There is no right or left. It's Brexit or Remain. The centre ground is where the Tories and Labour have tried to play and both lost miserably.

This is no time for politics. It's Brexit or Remain. Libdems used to be perhaps centre ground but over this current Brexit fiasco they have been resolutely Remain. Is that right, left or middle who knows.

Whilst I like Vince, I would not have chosen those particular words to describe the Change UK or LibDems at this conjuncture of British politics.

I'm glad to see you've come around to reality, politics are suspended until Brexit is worked out. (y)

Damage limitation exercise, so many people will be able to dish the dirt on so many politicians that as soon as they get a sniff of the top job they have to admit to it to stop potential disasterous trouble should they get the top job.

This is how politicians are manipulated by the deep state. In order to get the vetting clearances politicians need to admit everything in confidence to the vetting authorities, that confidence is held by the deep state until they need to use it for whatever purpose they wish, the confidence can be betrayed in order to manipulate a politician. That’s how you run a government, persuasion and manipulation.

Michael Gove: Cocaine 'mistake' a 'deep regret' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48564722

From what's appearing in the news it would seem that most of the contenders in the Conservative leadership race are now admitting to having used drugs. So is the present government (and MPs?) composed of a load of Crackheads?

................ Now that could explain quite a lot of what's been going on over the past 3 years!

From what's appearing in the news it would seem that most of the contenders in the Conservative leadership race are now admitting to having used drugs. So is the present government (and MPs?) composed of a load of Crackheads?

................ Now that could explain quite a lot of what's been going on over the past 3 years!

I suppose the logic here is that of safety in numbers. If they all out themselves as a group, then the media can't pick them off and destroy them one by one.

What a complete shower of sh1t all our politicians are.

Looks like Gove has a loser's wish.
Jumped before he is pushed.

More corruption in the Peterborough vote.

And its off for all 11 candidates for the leadership of the Tory party.
Boris is off to a flyer with his pledge of tax cuts for the better off folk.
What will the others dream of ? More handouts ? Almost certainly.
Let's hope they don't get too complacent with the pensioners or too mean.
The poor will get ignored probably.

Crackheads ?

My 75th birthday tomorrow. Whoopee I yell, a free TV licence ! BUT no
the swine are stopping that minor perk for the OAPs.
Will I vote for them ?
Not blooming likely.

My 75th birthday tomorrow. Whoopee I yell, a free TV licence ! BUT no
the swine are stopping that minor perk for the OAPs.
Will I vote for them ?
Not blooming likely.

Well, somebody's got to support Gary Lineker's lifestyle and pay his wages at the BBC haven't they?