UK Politics

2,303 603
I did wonder whether this might be more appropriately placed in the thread "Joke of the Day".

It's from today's edition of the Times. How can anybody take seriously this complete failure of a politician who should never have got the job in the first place?

Theresa May has made her first move into post-prime ministerial life by signing up with an international speakers agency. The former prime minister is advertised by the Washington Speakers Bureau as being available to speak at board meetings, to corporations and to global audiences. Her areas of expertise, the agency says, are the global economy and trade, Europe, women in leadership, diplomacy and “inspiring lives”.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,045 2,680
Hi Guys, I'm still alive. Just been busy with other things lately, will be back soon once I get caught up..Hope you're all well. xx
Oh good that's all fine then. Was missing your witty contributions matey. All the best (y)

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,764 796
I've got 4 candidates to choose from (LibLabConGreen) and I don't want to vote for any of them, not even a loony candidate (discounting the previous), no draining of the swamp in my neck of the woods.

My vote will be one of these:

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,697 2,471
I've got 4 candidates to choose from (LibLabConGreen) and I don't want to vote for any of them, not even a loony candidate (discounting the previous), no draining of the swamp in my neck of the woods.
Yeah, not voting is all well and good except that your least favoured option might end up in power!
And on that basis it's a process of elimination whilst holding your nose. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Atilla

Atilla

Legendary member
19,045 2,680

My vote will be one of these:

I reckon CV is desperate for your vote SC.

You two becoming like two squabbling siblings who can't agree on 'the' Brexit path.

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,764 796
I reckon CV is desperate for your vote SC.

You two becoming like two squabbling siblings who can't agree on 'the' Brexit path.
Local Tory MP is a Brexiteer and it's a safe Tory seat, so would be no risk to register a protest vote.

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,764 796
What hope does anyone, journalists, whistleblowers, let alone Assange have of any form of justice, when there is this level of corruption in the UK [global] establishment? Numerous cases with a wide variety of subject matter all involving UK high level corruption have come to light in recent years and these are just the one's we know about, the UK establishment is the Stasi.