UK Politics

Pat494

Legendary member
13,753 1,382
August is a quiet time for British politicians. They are on holiday. Probably guests of some bozo with a Carribean island.

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,628 765
The story of Assange is likened to the time surrounding the invention of the printing press in 1439 which changed the structure of society, the state, elites and the church (deep state then) lost control of their narrative, that happened to be in Latin as a result.

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,628 765
BBC plans to use license fee payers money to launch its own spying machine to enable UKgov direct access to voice data.

That's what my cynical headline would say. I have vowed never to have one of these data gathering devices in the house.

BBC News - BBC to launch digital voice assistant next year

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,628 765
BBC plans to use license fee payers money to launch its own spying machine to enable UKgov direct access to voice data.

That's what my cynical headline would say. I have vowed never to have one of these data gathering devices in the house.

BBC News - BBC to launch digital voice assistant next year
It's not spying the report says, so WTF is it then? The BBC defending spying on people by tech firms, just as they announce the same kind of 'spying' service.

Be afraid people, be very afraid.

BBC News - Tech firms must give up their awkward secret: Humans

Here's another report along the same lines, they are all in damage limitation mode, pretending to now be transparent about their spying activities, hands up if you believe them!

BBC News - Tech Tent: How to stop shoes following you across web

Pat494

Legendary member
13,753 1,382
UK politics are going to get rough soon. Boris is determined to stop fluffing around and get out of the EU on Oct 31st. But will he still be PM ? And will there be a Parliament ?It is a terrible advert for Parliamentary Democracy. There was a time when the MPs cared more about the future of Britain rather than their own personal interests.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,033 2,677
I've decided to cancel my BBC licence too. Looking into it now.

Don't watch much TV anyhow. More radio 4 and other news channels.

Thanks for the info and kicking it off. :) (y)

• Love
Reactions: Signalcalc

Pat494

Legendary member
13,753 1,382
Now Boris is in trouble. The Scots Court has ruled that he had no right to advise The Queen to prorogue Parlt.
The Supreme Court can't rule on this judgement until next Tuesday. So are the rebels going to start doing what they will or what ?

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,628 765
Now Boris is in trouble. The Scots Court has ruled that he had no right to advise The Queen to prorogue Parlt.
The Supreme Court can't rule on this judgement until next Tuesday. So are the rebels going to start doing what they will or what ?
Yes Boris is in trouble, he should resign immediately and a general election called

Makes you wonder if this has been carefully planned by the Tories, playing into Brexiteers hands?

2,295 596
Yes Boris is in trouble, he should resign immediately and a general election called

Makes you wonder if this has been carefully planned by the Tories, playing into Brexiteers hands?
Highly likely. Dominic Cummings will take it as a personal quest to outwit the proxy "democracy" being fought out on behalf of Blair & Mandelson.

2,295 596
It doesn't cancel prorogation – that won't be decided until it gets to the Supreme Court. The case was submitted in Scotland because the law there is different from England and more favourable to the case: informed legal opinion says that the case stands zero chance under English law.

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,628 765
It doesn't cancel prorogation – that won't be decided until it gets to the Supreme Court. The case was submitted in Scotland because the law there is different from England and more favourable to the case: informed legal opinion says that the case stands zero chance under English law.
Probably quite right, it helps the remoaner cause that Lord Carloway is an SNP supporter, google him and you'll find he is opposed to transparency for judges, hmmm, the smell of corruption is in the air.

Pat494

Legendary member
13,753 1,382

The rebels won't allow a General Election. They just seem to be trying to make Britain and Democracy look really stupid. A Fascist alternative either of the Right or Left is a much worse option for the people imho.