UK Politics

What if various rotten states around the globe get so fed up with their corrupt and inefficient Govts they decide to join the Commonwealth ? The old alternatives of joining the Red bloc or the USA are long gone as alternatives.
China looked like an alternative but the system is so nasty that is a non starter too.
Sorry folks looks like you are stuck with what you have, so you may as well get used to it.

Hmmmmm.

I was just wondering how the votes in parliament on the UK Governments proposed Covid Tiers would turn out IF all the MP's voting to support it had to suffer the same 20% cut in pay that these policies impose on many millions of their constituents?

Of course, their own income won't be reduced, so why should they give a damn??

:unsure:

Looks like either Boris the Bumbler gives away most British advantages like fishing OR the UK busts out of the EU.
If there was another vote on the issue I am pretty sure there would be a majority to remain. Going back to 1970s systems just isn't good enough.

"one thing that Ofsted can accurately measure is poverty", with schools in more affluent areas four times more likely to be awarded an "outstanding" grade than those serving disadvantaged communities.

All that money spent doing inspections with teachers given more work to do without really teaching kids anything.

Creating a rat race for parents to get kids into well to do schools.

Stating the bleeding obvious. No sh!t sherlock. Let's think this through....

Friday's local election results give an indication that the public have lost faith in the Tories. It's hardly surprising when the Prime Minister is a pathological liar and, according to some economists, we have the most corrupt government since WW2.

Friday's local election results give an indication that the public have lost faith in the Tories. It's hardly surprising when the Prime Minister is a pathological liar and, according to some economists, we have the most corrupt government since WW2.
Given that Labour will kick hypocrite Starmer out shortly over beergate, pray tell, who can form a govt apart from the Tories.

A mid-term kicking is par for the course, but means nothing at all. Lets see what happens at a general election !

I'm not convinced Conservative principles have been abandoned by the general public. But the results do show they have no time for Boris Johnson. I support Conservative principles but I always thought Johnson would be a terrible Prime Minister. I never imagined he would be as bad as he has been.

The only upside is we might very soon gain a better PM. This had better happen pretty damn quick so the new incumbent has a chance to build a win in the General Election. Right now I don't see a change of Conservative party leadership.

I'm not convinced Conservative principles have been abandoned by the general public. But the results do show they have no time for Boris Johnson. I support Conservative principles but I always thought Johnson would be a terrible Prime Minister. I never imagined he would be as bad as he has been.

The only upside is we might very soon gain a better PM. This had better happen pretty damn quick so the new incumbent has a chance to build a win in the General Election. Right now I don't see a change of Conservative party leadership.

I relate to what you say to some extent Tomorton but dread to think much damage has already been done.

Boris and the Tories have filled Parliament with many bodies much like himself and Brexiteers. Any decent fellow has left or has been Brexited out because they had different ideas and opinions.

So it is much like trying to pick a stud out of a bunch of asses. Stallions and Mares don't hang around with Mules and Donkeys.

I relate to what you say to some extent Tomorton but dread to think much damage has already been done.

Boris and the Tories have filled Parliament with many bodies much like himself and Brexiteers. Any decent fellow has left or has been Brexited out because they had different ideas and opinions.

So it is much like trying to pick a stud out of a bunch of asses. Stallions and Mares don't hang around with Mules and Donkeys.
My only consolation is long-term. Even the most useless Conservative PM keeps a Communist out of No.10.

My only consolation is long-term. Even the most useless Conservative PM keeps a Communist out of No.10.
There will never be a communist in No.10; certainly not in my lifetime. A lot of changes are coming, including an independent Scotland, independent Wales and a united Ireland. Imho, the best thing for England would be to have a government of progressive alliance. Labour, LibDems and Greens would take this country forward.

There will never be a communist in No.10; certainly not in my lifetime. A lot of changes are coming, including an independent Scotland, independent Wales and a united Ireland. Imho, the best thing for England would be to have a government of progressive alliance. Labour, LibDems and Greens would take this country forward.
I hope you're right about a Communist not entering No.10 in the sense that this means Keir Starmer will not ever get there. Perhaps I could have said Marxist.

They're all as useless as one another, IMO. What's needed is a complete re-think about how the country is run and how the people that run it are selected; few have sufficient intellect or integrity to do the job competently. Left / right politics is dead as far as I'm concerned, not least because all the main parties are pretty much in agreement on the big issues of the day. It's a total shit show: half of 'em (maybe more) can't even define what a woman is ffs!

They're all as useless as one another, IMO. What's needed is a complete re-think about how the country is run and how the people that run it are selected; few have sufficient intellect or integrity to do the job competently. Left / right politics is dead as far as I'm concerned, not least because all the main parties are pretty much in agreement on the big issues of the day. It's a total shit show: half of 'em (maybe more) can't even define what a woman is ffs!
All politicians are prone to the same weaknesses and mistakes whilst struggling over backs to get into office and whilst struggling then to stay there.

But fast-forward from the decision that we need to re-structure society and you end up with a Marxist society. No matter the initial motivation for a planned society - an end to corruption, elimination of unequal wealth distribution, elimination of famine or homelessness or unemployment, the elimination of class-based power, the salvation of the climate from the greenhouse effect, whatever - always ends in Zimbabwe.

The word Marxian isn't heard much but I admit it applies to him better.
FFS. Do you have any idea of Starmer's background and political beliefs? It doesn't seem like it. Perhaps you'd care to enlighten us on Sir Keir Starmer's Marxist beliefs.