U.S. Shutdown, no agreement

• Thread starter Liquid validity
  • Start date
  • Watchers 14

Purple Brain

Experienced member
1,613 179
Yesterday's open after the week-end showed more reaction to the upcoming uncertainty than did the event itself.

NVP

Legendary member
37,534 1,988
the longer it takes the more fun will ensue in the markets.....watch this space indeed

jees the biggest Democratic Nation in the world and they cant even run the Admin office

god bless the land of the free....

N

ForexLion

54 3
We are watching very closely

Purple Brain

Experienced member
1,613 179
With New York just coming on line I wonder if the cancellation of scheduled USD data releases today will mean some will be exposed if they’ve taken a position on expected volatility/movement based upon release of the data. In which case will they leave things as they are and wait and see, or move to cover their positions?

Purple Brain

Experienced member
1,613 179
Perhaps the shutdown is the only way they can tackle their debt mountain. Take out the entire public sector: administration, government, benefits. Savings would be substantial. Come back in a couple of years’ time and see what needs mopping up.

Seriously though, the Republicans will come out of this a lot worse than the Democrats as they are seen to be the ones pushing for it. Straw polls suggest support for GOP has fallen to one third of pre-budget talks levels.

Purple Brain

Experienced member
1,613 179
In a true democracy, where politicians really did work for the people who elect them, if they got USA Corp. into this sort of pickle - you'd fire the lot for gross incompetence.

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,499
Well - I'm not trading today - not with the potential for rumors and finger pointing all over the place.

Anyone fancy a pint?

Reactions: wackypete2

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,233
Perhaps the shutdown is the only way they can tackle their debt mountain. Take out the entire public sector: administration, government, benefits. Savings would be substantial. Come back in a couple of years’ time and see what needs mopping up.

Seriously though, the Republicans will come out of this a lot worse than the Democrats as they are seen to be the ones pushing for it. Straw polls suggest support for GOP has fallen to one third of pre-budget talks levels.

I have the idea that the sun is about to start setting for the US. Their debt mountain has been tolerated because of the massive power and influence that they have enjoyed abroad in past years. That may be about to change

Increasing numbers of their own countrymen are handing in their passports and ceasing to remain citizens.

Their decreasing influence has become more apparent with the Syrian crisis, in which Russia has emerged on the scene.

N

neil324

0 0
LOL 'It will be sorted in the end'

You mean the can kicked.

Seems to me the only way out for the USA is hyperinflation now. They can't taper QE because they can't afford the increase in interest rates.

Just a matter of how and when it unfolds now.

Purple Brain

Experienced member
1,613 179
It will all be sorted in the end as it always is.

Everything is always sorted in the end; one way or another, but that doesn't necessairly mean a happy ending.

You'd imagine these career politicians would put the country ahead of partisan game playing.

And 'the end' may not find it sorted to the ultimate benefit of your average American citizen, all because these clowns were left in charge.

Jason Rogers

2,768 92
With New York just coming on line I wonder if the cancellation of scheduled USD data releases today will mean some will be exposed if they’ve taken a position on expected volatility/movement based upon release of the data. In which case will they leave things as they are and wait and see, or move to cover their positions?

Great question, PB (y)

Here's what an economist at DB had to say: "The ADP report has improved significantly as a forecasting input for private payrolls over the past year. In the event that the employment report is delayed, we will be comfortable relying on the ADP series as a close proxy of September hiring."

source: Where can data junkies get fix during shutdown?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock