trading hours confusion

phenomenon

23 0
Hello,
I would need your help with trading hours, it's kind of confusing for me. For example, I had a look at E-mini Nasdaq 100 futures trading hours on the website cmegroup.com. It says the following:
MON-THURS: 5:00 p.m.-3:15 p.m. & 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
(Daily maintenance shutdown 4:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.)
SUN: 5:00 p.m.-3:15 p.m.
When I look at the chart I don't see 30 minutes time gap between 4:30pm and 5:00pm and don't know why. I am a newbie to trading(have no experience) and use Ninjatrader. The website says it's central time, so I changed my time zone to UTC -06:00 Central Time(US & Canada), as I live in Europe. Can anybody explain me how should I understand that?
Thank you in advance.

new_trader

Legendary member
6,665 1,489
Hello,
I would need your help with trading hours, it's kind of confusing for me. For example, I had a look at E-mini Nasdaq 100 futures trading hours on the website cmegroup.com. It says the following:
MON-THURS: 5:00 p.m.-3:15 p.m. & 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
(Daily maintenance shutdown 4:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.)
SUN: 5:00 p.m.-3:15 p.m.
When I look at the chart I don't see 30 minutes time gap between 4:30pm and 5:00pm and don't know why. I am a newbie to trading(have no experience) and use Ninjatrader. The website says it's central time, so I changed my time zone to UTC -06:00 Central Time(US & Canada), as I live in Europe. Can anybody explain me how should I understand that?
Thank you in advance.

You won’t see a 30 minute gap because the market isn’t running for that 30 minute period. During the daily maintenance shutdown period, orders cannot be entered, modified or closed; basically it is like time is frozen.

In the UK the shutdown time is 22:30 - 23:00. If you look at a 1 minute chart you will see the bar closes at (starts at 22:29) 22:30 and the next bar starts at 23:00. In the ‘market world’ this is what really happens.

phenomenon

23 0
Maybe I expressed myself badly, but that's what I meant, my bar didn't start at 23:00. I figured out that there was something wrong with my platform, I noticed it stopped working properly when I downloaded some replay data. Then I deleted the downloaded data and reset the database and it's OK now. Thank you for the response anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock