why does the trading hours differ between SB and Underlying Instrument

pradeep86

For example The trading timings of US30 Index in CMC markets is 23.00 sunday - 21.15 friday . I came to Know that the underlying instrument is Dowjones future ( 10$ or 5 $ ) trade timings are the following
Open Outcry (Trading Floor)MON-FRI: 8:30 a.m. -3:15 p.m.CME Globex (Electronic Platform)MON-THURS: 3:30 p.m. -8:15 a.m.
(daily maintenance shutdown from 4:30 p.m. -5:00 p.m.)
SUN: 5:00 p.m. -8:15 a.m.
If so How can the spread betting companies quote in the off trading hours?

For example The trading timings of US30 Index in CMC markets is 23.00 sunday - 21.15 friday . I came to Know that the underlying instrument is Dowjones future ( 10$ or 5 $ ) trade timings are the following
Open Outcry (Trading Floor)MON-FRI: 8:30 a.m. -3:15 p.m.CME Globex (Electronic Platform)MON-THURS: 3:30 p.m. -8:15 a.m.
Yes, I try to trade with SB companies that have open hours according to the futures. Dealingdesk for example, come close (except for opening Sunday, approx. 2 hours later). They can quote certain instrument, based on the movement of the US futures.

Lol, those are the same times... we live on a spherical world my friend, it rotates once approximately every 24 hours :)

This means noon arrives at a different time at different longitudes. For convenience we have divided the globe up into around 30-40ish time zones...

Lol, those are the same times... we live on a spherical world my friend, it rotates once approximately every 24 hours :)

This means noon arrives at a different time at different longitudes. For convenience we have divided the globe up into around 30-40ish time zones...
Good that you noticed, I didn't.:)

Financial spread betting brokers use special formulas to calculate off market quotes, using interest rates, other indices, dividends, etc.