U.s NFP later today

I prefer to sit and wait...

I prefer to go all in just before the number.

If I clean up, then I can post a screenshot on T2W.

If it goes horribly wrong, I can say I never trade my predictions because I don't use fundamentals.

I prefer to go all in just before the number.

If I clean up, then I can post a screenshot on T2W.

If it goes horribly wrong, I can say I never trade my predictions because I don't use fundamentals.

How you getting on with Arabian's untrainable trader?

Huh? and over/what timescale are you thinking there meanie?

No idea. I just like to make assertive comments, now I'm a little older. Makes me sound like I know what I'm talking about. You fell for it.

I trade a mechanical system, I don't "do" predictions, but gun to the head, I think that merely changing people's perception about the nature of commodity demand could see 20% off the rates. Then, if real demand should fall (e.g. slowdown in China), another 20% could come off. And they would STILL be expensive. Not so much oil, but gold, sugar, cocoa, soya, copper and a few others.

He came into my online room for a few days. Arabian took over his PC and spammed the room with "I have a small willy" and other such comments. Now I think his time in the UK is over...so not a great start.

Was this a ruse by Arabian to try and make you fail by any chance?

I think so - was wondering if there was money at stake based on success/failure as well.

Yes it is somewhat funny. And no there was no money at stake.

He may return to the room at some point and if he does, I will get him profitable providing he can do what I say.

He came into my online room for a few days. Arabian took over his PC and spammed the room with "I have a small willy" and other such comments. Now I think his time in the UK is over...so not a great start.

Never one to suffer from 'trader envy', Dave's now regretting having the op. :D

BTW your sig makes no sense...

......My favoured scenario is for a definate reaction on the release and to get involved in any momentum created by the release via the 1 or 5min trigger...Then it would be sell the first hi/buy the first lo and buy/sell respectively, the first pullback from that hi/lo......

Good private payrolls number +113k, good un-emp rate drop to 9.4% and an upward revision on last month's headline number from +39k to +71k, but dissapointing headline number of +103k sees cable shoot up.

Re my favoured scenario plan discussed earlier there was no real opportunity /hi-probability trigger to get involved in the momentum on gbpusd 1min immediately after the release and the inital pullback from 5512 the first hi saw no set-up to get involved for me. either..so it left only the 'buy the first pullback' from the 'first hi' which duly obliged with a 1min hidden divergence set-up at the previous 5min swing hi x 4 zone (previous resistance = potential support.)...a nice play.

G/L

Good private payrolls number +113k, good un-emp rate drop to 9.4% and an upward revision on last month's headline number from +39k to +71k, but dissapointing headline number of +103k sees cable shoot up.

Re my favoured scenario plan discussed earlier there was no real opportunity /hi-probability trigger to get involved in the momentum on gbpusd 1min immediately after the release and the inital pullback from 5512 the first hi saw no set-up to get involved for me. either..so it left only the 'buy the first pullback' from the 'first hi' which duly obliged with a 1min hidden divergence set-up at the previous 5min swing hi x 4 zone (previous resistance = potential support.)...a nice play.

G/L

how many pips did you grab then?

how many pips did you grab then?

I hada 5479.8 entry on the close of the 1347pm 1min trigger candle in the 1min hidden div set-up, but it would be churlish to boast...the act of preparing the screenshot/posting the above post however did give me something to do to allow it to play out for more pip gain (as opposed to having usual itchy fingers and wanting to take a smaller gain.)

It was a high probability play.

I hada 5479.8 entry on the close of the 1347pm 1min trigger candle in the 1min hidden div set-up, but it would be churlish to boast...the act of preparing the screenshot/posting the above post however did give me something to do to allow it to play out for more pip gain (as opposed to having usual itchy fingers and wanting to take a smaller gain.)

It was a high probability play.

No surprises that it turned at 1.5532 either. How about a long here at 1.5492?