Two Screens

So... a 64mb PCI card will give me same performance as the present MX440?
But will it be harder to configure than investing in a single AGP dual port eg GeForce4 Ti4200?

Does that make sense?

Do you see my dilemma?

The dilemma is you only need the performance for games. Any old PCI card will probably be fine for real time charts and trading applications...

JonnyT

I have no AGP,my graphics are integrated (intel chipset) I have 2 blanking plates,so 2 spare PCI slots. I would like to run 3 monitors,ideally.The bios is onboard apparently!So just 2 PCI cards in the slots,follow the windows blurb for configuring 3 monitors and we're wellaway? The pc's still under waranty.

Attachments

• asi.bmp extension.jpg
    asi.bmp extension.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 490
Back to two screens - I believe you need to check your operating system. With xp you can just add PCI cards, but I think with Win2000 you need a dual or quad card (Matrox or similar)?

My graphics are integrated,so no AGP.Intel chipset.The BIOS is onboard.I have 2 spare PCI slots.I'd like to run 3 monitors ideally.PC world said the pc is configurable for multiple monitors.Is it just a question of fitting two PCI cards,or do the integrated graphics present a problem?Sorry Purplekiwi,didn't see your post - Yes I have windows xp home.

Just fit any old PCI cards. The only problem you MAY encounter is the physical windows desktop screen may be different to the boot up screen- no big deal.

Hi guy new to this board. First I have found a cheap sit to buy TFT go to PCnextday.co.uk. I have just bought 3 TFT 19" AOC at £430 each for 19" that is cheap.

Next My main problem is that I have try to connect a new graphic card and the systems gives me an error. the drives are not installed. I have tried going to PC world, but as people have point out that is a wast of time.

My operating system is windows XP pen3 500HZ ram 256ram. I have tried to install a new dual graphic card in the PIC slot. The new card is both DVI and also VGA.

I did not take out the old card which is just single, but just put in the new card. When I started the system win found the new card and than installed. but the drives are not working. I have just bought a hercules 64MB dual display DIV and vga. £89. I let windows install the drives from the disc supplier.

In the device manager the old card was there the nw card was only requested as 386 processor adn ?in yellow.

Can an one help me? Just spent 1290 on three new TFT and can't use them.

Mattpatel said:
Hi guy new to this board. First I have found a cheap sit to buy TFT go to PCnextday.co.uk. I have just bought 3 TFT 19" AOC at £430 each for 19" that is cheap.

I hope you're not talking about the LM-919. If you are, and in case you can cancel, they're available for £350ish inc. p&p from www.ebuyer.com

Can't help with the rest I'm afraid but somebody more knowledgable should come along.

wysi

If the problem you have found is the same as my experience doing the same thing then you have to be sure that the PCI card is the primary card i.e. not the AGP card which is probably the original.

I had to go into BIOS on start up and change a switch if i remember right. I have AWARD bios and its in the page on Integrated Peripherals.

HTH

Matt, I have found that one monitor per PC is the simplest soultion...you can pick up a powerful PC for a few hundred pounds and if coupled with TFT's, it really doesn't create too much of a problem space wise if you apply a bit of common sense...the added benefit is that you get much more power and speed since your applications are spread across more than one machine...I run five machines in this way and have no problems whatsoever.