Trump Presidency and the Consequences

There are space weapons ready to take out low and high orbit satellites.

This is extremely serious.

What will the masses do without Sky tv and GPS to guide them home from the pub ?

Come on you lot. Trump's speech wasn't bad. Admit it.

It doesn't change my opinion of him and some of the people around him, but it was a more mature speech than his previous diatribes.

I wonder who wrote it for him.

We have really lowered the bar where "it wasn't bad" is now the standard.

Many people can't afford Obamacare, did you know? Wealthy retirees and people on welfare can though.

Great point! Many democrats are complaining that republicans are going to eliminate "affordable" gov't mandated healthcare. Affordable for who?? Many young adults can't afford it. High premiums AND huge deductibles make it so unaffordable that it's not even considered insurance anymore. Many have opted to pay the gov't mandated penalty because it's cheaper.

Peter

Come on you lot. Trump's speech wasn't bad. Admit it.

It doesn't change my opinion of him and some of the people around him, but it was a more mature speech than his previous diatribes.

I wonder who wrote it for him.

Obama wrote speeches as well, as did Bush. So what? They're just speeches.

Actions speak louder than words.

Great point! Many democrats are complaining that republicans are going to eliminate "affordable" gov't mandated healthcare. Affordable for who?? Neither of my kids can afford it and they are both grown with jobs. High premiums AND huge deductibles make it so unaffordable that it's not even considered insurance anymore. My son has opted to pay the gov't mandated penalty because it's cheaper.

Peter

That's really interesting because over here in the UK most people have the idea that Obfuscare was liberating for the weak and poor and that the wicked Republicans want to abolish it to grind down the masses who vote Democrat.
Few people take the time to find out for themselves, but just take on board whatever the popular headline grabbing says. Even more now since printed media is in decline and on line is the main source of news (fake or otherwise) .
Thanks for posting that Peter.

Deductibles, premiums and drug prices have been rising before the ACA, in case you haven't noticed.

Why don't you go "bare" wackypete? You don't need no stinking insurance and with it the concomitant regs. PAY YOUR OWN way! indemnify yourself againt any loss. it's the liberatarian way!

buy that B/P drug, insulin, and whatever surgery?

Agreed. That's why I said my opinion of him hasn't changed.

This One speech that his handlers said, "You better tow the line here mofo! or it's going to hit the %$#@ fan."

He acquiesced, reluctantly but bet he was busting at the seams during delivery.:cheesy:

That's all that was, and now back to hiz biz as usual.

Deductibles, premiums and drug prices have been rising before the ACA, in case you haven't noticed.

Yes but healthcare wasn't mandated by the government so you HAVE to get whatever plans they offer. Why should single males get coverage that includes pregnancy insurance or single females get coverage that offers prostate exams? (although the US gov't is giving it up the @zz to everyone)
Remember what then President Obama said about the affordable health care act, "you can keep your plan" and "you can keep your doctor"?? Both blatant lies as no such solution ever existed.

Peter

Why don't you go "bare" wackypete? You don't need no stinking insurance and with it the concomitant regs. PAY YOUR OWN way! indemnify yourself againt any loss. it's the liberatarian way!

buy that B/P drug, insulin, and whatever surgery?
BTW, I DID just that for many years when I owned my own business. :rolleyes:

But hat's the best you can do is throw insults. Shows your immaturity.

Peter

BTW, I DID just that for many years when I owned my own business. :rolleyes:

But hat's the best you can do is throw insults. Shows your immaturity.

Peter

I didn't throw any insults your way. We both agree healthcare in US is too expensive, and too leave it to unregulated capital market will create only more of the same?

I love capital markets, but they must be regulated against abuse and monopoly if we want live in a functional society.

an example, if I own 80% of the wheat fields, which I accumulated over time & luck thru generations or whatever I have too much power to set price. Against the greater good of my fellow citizens.

we are all in this together, one nation but more importantly one planet.

prosperity is NOT a zero sum game.

everyone has to win, if this human experiement is sustainable.

I have no problem with some winning more than others, but when disparity becomes so great, and advantage from inheritance and leverage becomes so great...

that no one else has a chance ..at the dream. because they set the price :(

Last edited:
For the naysayers here...stock market is skyrocketing today so people loved Trump's speech last night.

Peter

Loads of foreigners come to the UK on health holidays and take advantage of our free NHS. They are meant recently to register and pay something but do they ?

For the naysayers here...stock market is skyrocketing today so people loved Trump's speech last night.

Peter

Not people, but large greedy corporations that think they will profit massively from his spending spree.

People (in general) will be shafted by hyper inflation down the road.

Peter

I think that's called opportunism.

Nothing has been delivered yet.

Just promise of tax cuts and infrastructure spending and market likes the idea of Fed considering raising rates because from that they draw the conclusion the economy is strong enough and growing to sustain the increase.

Trump has battle in his hands but with the Republican party behind him if he tones down his dribble it could all work out just fine.

Don't mention the Debt Ceiling. :whistling