Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Harley's to quit USA
Nice one Dump.

He is making plenty of opportunities for someone to step into all the botched trading agreements.

Maybe a change of name abroad ?

Harley's to quit USA
Nice one Dump.

He is making plenty of opportunities for someone to step into all the botched trading agreements.

Yes precisely Pat, as mentioned before trade with US will be displaced by trade between EU and China/Asia/rest of the World.

Much like UK and Brexit US is simply walking away from the competition in the guise, they are more equal than the rest.

I'm saddened to see you don't think similarities are the same?

Not too late for UK.

I strongly suspect just as Bush Jnr was elected so will Trump. 8 years of running deficit into trillions of more dollars. Such a waste of trees printing them all. :cheesy:

Harley's to quit USA
Nice one Dump.

I ride a big HOG, with custom apehanger handlebars!! Just like Fonda in Easy Rider! :LOL:

I'm going to guess you don't have a Beach Hut in Hove either then coz if you can't afford a Harley you not up to owning a shed in Hove like my friends can either. :)

Strangely enough, I fell in love with a BMW when I spotted one whilst walking along Brighton front around 15 years ago, owned them ever since, can't say beach huts have appealed :cheesy:

If your friends are willing participants in Labour's land tax blueprint experiment, good on them, each to their own.

As for HDs, never quite got the motorcycle 'brotherhood' kind of thing, not my scene, the bikes never appealed either, I did try a Victory 8 ball a few years back and loved the sound and street cred, but not the handling, HDs are a bit pretentious (and expensive as you rightly observe), no, I'd take a Victory over a HD if I had to.

:clap:

I know dudes that their HARLEY cost more than their house! They are proud of it! :D

What's the back story with the national security angle?

Some industries maybe considered of national strategic importance. ie. Steel production and thus supported and protected etc.

At a stretch of the imagination quite a few other industries that use steel can be placed in this basket.

There maybe others one can conjure up but it's too late to fink about them. (y)

Just read economic security as well???

Love this line... The group questioned national security as grounds to restrict auto imports. "America does not go to war in a Ford Fiesta," they added.

I'm sure it must make to sense to fans of Trump da deal buster muann. Perhaps they can explain better. :)

Last edited:
Will Trump ever attempt to tackle crime in the US ?
Millions in jail of which about 70% will be back in jail after serving time within a short period.
100s on Death Row eating up tax payer's money sitting uselessly in jail for decades.

He reckons he is a tough guy ? Well let him prove it here for starters.

The UK are notoriously weak on crime and so it flourishes. London is so bad now tourists are staying away. What do the feeble politicians do ? NOTHING MUCH as usual. Even The Home Secretary got mugged recently !!

Last edited:
Some industries maybe considered of national strategic importance. ie. Steel production and thus supported and protected etc.

At a stretch of the imagination quite a few other industries that use steel can be placed in this basket.

There maybe others one can conjure up but it's too late to fink about them. (y)

Just read economic security as well???

Love this line... The group questioned national security as grounds to restrict auto imports. "America does not go to war in a Ford Fiesta," they added.

I'm sure it must make to sense to fans of Trump da deal buster muann. Perhaps they can explain better. :)

The national security aspect is interesting. There are emerging threats of cyber attack from connected autos. Almost every new car built today basically contains internet capable computers, this means cyber threats, just as IoT does.

There are restrictions already in place for plenty of computer items that may contain chips from China for example, purely based on cyber security. If the provenance of hardware is unknown and untested then the microprocessors used could contain instructions or backdoors to allow attackers easy access, cars could be exploited in just the same way.

National security could be a valid reason that isn't widely known or publicised. If it's valid, then tariffs could be an interim step to buy time to allow manufacturers to sort out their supply chains, ironically tariffs might be doing manufacturers a favour as in matters of national security an outright ban could be imposed.

Interesting aspect if this is true. Highly political nonetheless.

Why do you say this?:|

He is wrong to say Harleys will never leave the USA. More political rhetoric I suppose.
Perhaps they will accept some bribe or other to stay.

He is right to try and keep jobs in the US but over plays his hand with all this trade war business.
He has annoyed and worried friend and foe alike. Well in my opinion he didn't have to fall out with Canada, Mexico etc. It could have been achieved much more subtly and with little fuss but oh no he makes so much ballyhoo.

The national security aspect is interesting. There are emerging threats of cyber attack from connected autos. Almost every new car built today basically contains internet capable computers, this means cyber threats, just as IoT does.

There are restrictions already in place for plenty of computer items that may contain chips from China for example, purely based on cyber security. If the provenance of hardware is unknown and untested then the microprocessors used could contain instructions or backdoors to allow attackers easy access, cars could be exploited in just the same way.

National security could be a valid reason that isn't widely known or publicised. If it's valid, then tariffs could be an interim step to buy time to allow manufacturers to sort out their supply chains, ironically tariffs might be doing manufacturers a favour as in matters of national security an outright ban could be imposed.

Interesting aspect if this is true. Highly political nonetheless.

ASIC chips and machine code been around for yonks. Why just now?

Both IBM with the Netfinity and HP's ILM/iLO technology available on the market for remotely shutting down waking up computers even when powered off for ages. These date back to the 90s.

Some say that's how Iran's nuclear facility was hacked. Not from malware or virus but parts they purchased in a honey trap sting operation. I don't know I hear a lot of things but if US feels da anami have got the same techknow then yeah I guess it may make sense on national security grounds.

I can just see foreign imported cars from EU and Japan detonating in an act of war.

Iran might start exporting cars to US next. Who knows? Maybe? :cheesy:

Both IBM with the Netfinity and HP's ILM/iLO technology available on the market for remotely shutting down waking up computers even when powered off for ages. These date back to the 90s.

Some say that's how Iran's nuclear facility was hacked. Not from malware or virus but parts they purchased in a honey trap sting operation. I don't know I hear a lot of things but if US feels da anami have got the same techknow then yeah I guess it may make sense on national security grounds.

I can just see foreign imported cars from EU and Japan detonating in an act of war.

Got to remember the NSA has a mandate to spy on US citizens, if not all of us. Much easier to do that with American made vehicles containing technology developed in partnership with the spy agencies.

"You are stuck with them, you can't get rid of them", "You are stuck with demoralisation" from 1:07:25

It is only a matter of time before the rest of the world is held to ransom for using programmes for free like Windows and Google.
Have they got back door bugs built in ? Possibly.
Are there any non US alternatives ? Not that I have heard of.