Trend trading failure of trend breakouts

tomorton

Legendary member
7,565 1,035
Trading forex over 20 years is dumb, currency pairs have no inherent buoyancy unlike stock indices.

But trading forex is profitable. If you do it right.

Solas0077

236 13
Trends reversing is not a problem when you trade the proper instruments and have a long/short strategy with a good entry and exit signal. It is better to view trend-following as an asset class. Here is an article about trend-following in forex from a well-known expert and quant. The idea is to limit losses during choppy markets but then make it big during trend markets. Trend-following cannot generate constant profits.

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
3,611 135
Trends reversing is not a problem when you trade the proper instruments and have a long/short strategy with a good entry and exit signal. It is better to view trend-following as an asset class. Here is an article about trend-following in forex from a well-known expert and quant. The idea is to limit losses during choppy markets but then make it big during trend markets. Trend-following cannot generate constant profits.
I did a lot of backtests on trend following on fx ,results were poor.

tomorton

Legendary member
7,565 1,035

Not constant, no, - but consistent, and with the regular opportunity for out-performance.

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
3,611 135
Interesting, frying pan, map reading and psychology with flared trousers and trend. Blind dogs leading deaf cats 80% of the time. Also fish on Friday but not for traders who stand on one leg. I think?
Blind dogs leading deaf cats 80% of the time.true

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
3,611 135
I'm glad we agree on something, but nobody likes a goose with pink feathers
Maybe the "trend trading courses " are ideal to breed losers of the 95% club .

Here another trend failure

Attachments