Trading the US the Naz/Mr. Charts Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very commendable Mr Charts a trade with proof that it actually took place.

When people do as they are asked, ie put up an actual account of a trade, some folks will never be happy and i wonder what argument will take its place.

I applaud you

Hope you are having a nice weekend
NB

darren,
I normally trade for a few hours of the US trading day, sometimes more. I don't normally trade for three minutes and walk away!
It's unusual for me to do only one trade, so y'day was exceptional. There are normally 5-15 trades per day and the average profit is much higher than $220.

Re - the RMBS trade earlier.
This stock was on my radar as being highly likely to produce a very tradable move because of pre-market evidence.
The price ran up quickly and then briefly pulled back. I was watching the Time and Sales screen and also had an eye on another couple of things as the seconds past. When it started rising in the particular way I like, the long trade was triggered.
When the micro factors I look at indicated a possible pause, I exited half and when the same factors kicked in again I exited the rest.
This was a quick opening type trade and I knew I was going to have to leave my screens at about 3pm.
I know some of the people I've coached followed my five minute trading rules and made a lot more money on the RMBS move than I did! They were lucky their plumber wasn't on the way!
I know some people feel I should give a lot more information about why I choose a stock, enter and exit. I understand that completely, but I also feel it would be unfair to those whom I've coached to reveal set ups, triggers, methodologies etc publicly.
Of course that can be and is misconstrued by some and I can see why they would think like that.
Hopefully anyone interested in trading the US intraday will understand my dilemma about explaining trades and can look back and deduce some things for themselves.
Perhaps the above words might "provoke" adverse comments from some, perhaps even more unpleasant emails, but I really don't care - I love trading and I love teaching - sorry!
Richard

PDLI was a nice easy earner today, easy to spot, easy to trade.
A interesting point to observe here is that quite often stocks suddenly move at 1500 ET, 2000 GMT.

Attachments

• pdli5min011203.gif
    pdli5min011203.gif
    10 KB · Views: 1,009
So, we had a new mini trend which again handed out profits on a plate for late traders - the pros plus the folk who come home from work and trade evenings only for a fistful of dollars.

Attachments

• pdli1min011203.gif
    pdli1min011203.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 977
Hi coffee man,
Nice one on IMCL - very well done.
Had my fun on OSTK ;-)
R

Yes, it was, but if you find the right stocks there's always good money to be made with the appropriate techniques.
It's just that on a day like today you have to work harder to find the jewels. On a trending day, you're spoilt for choice.

Thanks. I feel slightly better now. I didn't lose anything but nothing seemed to work for me today. C'est la vie !!
Tomorrow is a new day.

Check out ATR across the board over the past few months and you'll see that many stocks have little follow through in this grinding bull.

closed @ 41.92
re-entered a few minutes later @ same price stop @ 42.19

Attachments

• ertsa 5m 03-12-03.png
    ertsa 5m 03-12-03.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 704
newtron ,,

Good low risk trade. Second pull back from new low..

Since DOW was in +ve at the time I did not take the trade but instead took a long trade after ERTS approached its lower VWAP band with 69 % reward against 31 % risk ...

No snap shot was taken ..

I thought so too, es and nq struggling to push higher so didnt look too much into it. however, i was a bit surprised none of my long selections filled.

Am looking at trade station atm what would your opinion of it be both as software and for the brokerage service?

Thank you in advance

NB

Status
Not open for further replies.