Trading the DAX

Dinos

Veteren member
If your an experienced DAX trader or a newbie wanting to start, but haven't taken the plunge yet, then join me here, everybody is welcome, swing traders, day traders and scalpers alike.

I'd like the thread to be fun and informative, where experienced traders and newbies alike can discuss everything DAX, analysis, trading ideas, trading systems, live trading calls or just to simply have a good old moan!.

I'm currently away on my summer break at the moment, but will start the thread on my return on Monday 8th September, hope you can join me.

Regards, Rob

Hi Rob, i'll have a nosey when you get back, hope you're enjoying the break..

Regards Shane.

Hi Dinos, I feel more like a Dax Donor than a Dax Trader..so will be lurking hoping to learn something!

I've been advised this is a good place to hang out and watch some serious and sensible action. But don't tell sonic, he doesn't know I'm seeing his mum.

On a more serious note, I've never looked at indices as I thought the ante was a little too high for entry with the sort of funds I have available. But after a miserable few months finding out forex is impossible (for me) to trade on an intraday basis, I'm more than ready to see if indices are a little more amenable to sensible technical analysis. Hats off to sonic for pointing me over here.

On a more serious note, I've never looked at indices as I thought the ante was a little too high for entry with the sort of funds I have available. But after a miserable few months finding out forex is impossible (for me) to trade on an intraday basis, I'm more than ready to see if indices are a little more amenable to sensible technical analysis. Hats off to sonic for pointing me over here.
I do recognise your writing style and humor sigma, just can't put a finger on your old nic, help me out here, p.m me it. :LOL:

I do recognise your writing style and humor sigma, just can't put a finger on your old nic, help me out here, p.m me it. :LOL:
I've been called on this before for being 'someone else', but I've never got to the bottom of it and discovered who it is I'm supposed to be.

Perhaps you could help me out and give me a hint as I think whomever it is, they're obviously also very intelligent, witty, handsome, wealthy and also hung like a donkey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been watching the FDAX for the past 2 weeks and I have a few questions for the more experienced traders in this instrument. Who are the major players in this (institutional & commercial players & hedgers, large scalpers, large algos etc).? I'm asking because the pending orders are really thin at times & looking at the footprint I want to get an idea of what I am competing against so I can modify my method. TIA for your input.

Good Morning Sigma-D,

I mean this with all due respect of course, but if you have a strategy that didn't work on forex, what makes you think it will work on Dax, if anything you will find Dax to be a lot more volatile than a currency like Cable.

IMHO would it not be better to find a sound strategy that works for you first. I can not talk from another's perspective, but what I do works over forex, indices, commodities et al, and would have thought, anyone else's strategy would be the same.

Taking time to do this groundwork from the outset, and learn a winning strategy will save you a lot of heartache in the future, and I personally would suggest that.

However, if you disagree, I would love to hear your point of view.

Best
John.

Different markets different characteristics , just compare live cattle or coffee with the Euro totally different animals , don't just compare charts but rather trade it live . So IMO it is possible for one to fail or lose in one market and succeeded in another , happens all the time .

Different markets different characteristics , just compare live cattle or coffee with the Euro totally different animals , don't just compare charts but rather trade it live . So IMO it is possible for one to fail or lose in one market and succeeded in another , happens all the time .

Good Morning Tar,

I hope you are well. :)

I have traded commodities, metals, and indices in the past using the exact same strategy, yet decided to channel all my efforts on forex, and trade only Cable now, however in my spare time, like over the weekend, as in now, still look at metals, and indices(sad I know, but maybe I'm a trading junkie now :LOL:).

The reason why I have stuck to forex is because I prefer to trade markets with high volatility/more opportunities during a working day. I'm sure you will agree that forex is the most volatile market, and Cable seems to be not so volatile in the forex grand scheme of things if that makes sense.

Let us take 4 examples of USOil, Cable, Dax and Gold. And now take a simple indicator like the 200EMA(I personally do not use indicators, and without divulging how I trade, and more importantly not wanting to know how you trade, thus I have picked a simple EMA that most know how it works).

Now trading a 200EMA bounce, or break works over all of the above examples, and I'm sure some people out there do use this simple strategy quite successfully, so would it not be a case of succeeding, or failing depends on the persons strategy, execution, and how it is used, rather than the market that is traded.

I look forward to your response.

Best
John.

I've been called on this before for being 'someone else', but I've never got to the bottom of it and discovered who it is I'm supposed to be.

Perhaps you could help me out and give me a hint as I think whomever it is, they're obviously also very intelligent, witty, handsome, wealthy and also hung like a donkey.

We all know you are Mr Charts. It's time to come clean now Richard. We can tell from your knowledge of orthodontics that it is you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now trading a 200EMA bounce, or break works over all of the above examples, and I'm sure some people out there do use this simple strategy quite successfully, so would it not be a case of succeeding, or failing depends on the persons strategy, execution, and how it is used, rather than the market that is traded.

I look forward to your response.

Best
John.

In that example yes you are right , but it happens - failing because of the market traded - , switching to different markets may open a window for totally different strategies , like STIR market for example , a different animal and its traded differently than Forex , other example is equities' options , one may fail as a forex trader but make it in options . So switching strategies or markets may be the answer for some failed traders .

Cheers

Today I am short DAX, SL just above yesterday's high, first target is 9415..
off to work..

Didn't quiet get there..another dax donation..

Last edited:
It seems to me that DAX's price action is as artificial as S&P or DOW.

Should we now expect them to move it to 10000 or whatever was the high now S&P and DOW were pushed to and over their highs?

Last edited:
It seems to me that DAX's price action is as artificial as S&P or DOW.

Should we now expect them to move it to 10000 or whatever was the high now S&P and DOW were pushed to and over their highs?

Just keep shorting the pants off it. When the fall comes nobody will be able to catch it. Markets going nowhere fast.

I'm thinking either market will hold until new year and all the fund mgr ******s get their bonus pay-offs or market will tank before xmas and do a V correction before the end of the year.

Make sure you are well capitalised and don't get blown out, so you can see the falls . Manage your risk and all that larky.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ch...r-protests-clashes-2014-08-26?link=MW_popular

Beautiful science of the market place... (y)

Last edited:
hi all

i 've been trading DAX since 2 years and half. Scalper, i use volume profile, DOM, footprint, tape…
glad to find others dax traders

++
chris
my twitter: daxtrader74

Last edited:
hi all

i 've been trading DAX since 2 years and half. Scalper, i use volume profile, DOM, footprint, tape…
glad to find others dax traders

++
chris
my twitter: daxtrader74

How has your success been to date?
Care to expand on your indicators / methods? :whistle:cheesy: