What's your top trading tip?

1. Find a trading style that suits you, whether day trading, scalping, swing etc.
2. Don't risk more than 2 pct of equity on any trade
3. Don't watch CNBC (unless you fancy Erin/Becky/Maria whoever)
4. Be realistic about how much money you will make
5. Learn from your mistakes
6. Don't make the same mistake twice

Enough good tips for 6 people, cheers.

cut your winners and run your losers

precisely - due to accidentally leaving some orders in during a market close on Thursday I have a 1 lot short sterling position that I'm intending to run until june 10. My profit target is 1 tick, my risk is going to be 180 ticks.

precisely - due to accidentally leaving some orders in during a market close on Thursday I have a 1 lot short sterling position that I'm intending to run until june 10. My profit target is 1 tick, my risk is going to be 180 ticks.

:LOL: you do like lulz

Risk management is more important than entries

Sorry but I think that's terrible advice. Telling people to keep their heads still promotes stiffness and tension, which invariably results in a poor shot. The only reason the instructor tells you to keep your head still is so you can't see him laughing his ass off.

it can and a good coach will explain it to you in greater detail if your really interested

a good coach

the majority of high handicap weekend golfers will play better if they keep their head still imho

perhaps they should give it a little more time and practice

doing something a new way that feels uncomfortable at first often makes you feel and appear stiff and tense at first :eek:

Andy

Last edited:
how does trading currencies in futures compare with trading OTC? I'm not familiar with futures..

I'm referring to short sterling interest rate futures, hence confidently stating there is no plausible way that my risk is any more than 180 ticks...

Lots of good information shared on these forums, but I think it'd be great if we could get people's top trading tips in one place for newbies and experienced traders alike.

So what's your top trading tip?

Do what works - skip what doesn't work

Lots of good information shared on these forums, but I think it'd be great if we could get people's top trading tips in one place for newbies and experienced traders alike.

So what's your top trading tip?

- having enough margin is like "insurance protection"
- money management
- discipline

Make up your own mind and never take advice from anyone else. Think about it; if you need to rely on another person for tips/suggestions/advice, and they drop dead the next day, what would you do?

Be relieved since you've probably lost money listening to them anyway.

OMG !
spanish lives again !
an 11 month trade as well........

You must have patience Grasshopper...Poke your eyes out and try trading what you see

kungfu22.jpg