Trading the DAX

Hi Rob, good to see a good response to your thread, be interesting when you get back because most of the punters are different from those on our usual haunt.

Regards Shane.

This Dax fall is more slow and sustained than the knee jerk reaction to the last 'invasion'.

Which means....it is more likely to continue?

9420 was big technical support.
If it gets above 9480 its going back up. (n)
I think if it closes below 9420 it has a lot further to go. (y)

Long weekend for the Dow and Russians on the move, Oil being bought in Rubles / Yuan. None of this is good news.

Which means....it is more likely to continue?

Hope you have your trusty one minute chart on screen with the high from 7.02 and 8.05 as the top trendline. That should tell you when to short daxy next.

I see Daxy hit 91 a short while ago...
Talk of 1Tr Eur QE so that'll be good for the Dax today. Wont it?

I think putin could have a bit of a say to! cut off the german gas..lol

Is it poor liquidity that makes DAX price action erratic, or could it be tireless use of algos?

Last edited:
hows dax trading going?

how come cnbc give two figures for dax on their screen data stack?

Good afternoon, one and all, I hope you've all being bagging the points over the last 2 months, there's certainly being a lot on offer!.

Back on Monday and ready to start to take this thread forward, I hope we can have fun, banter, learn ideas off each other to possibly enhance our own trading set ups and most importantly, bag some €'s.

Have a nice week end all, chat next week.

Rob

hows dax trading going?

how come cnbc give two figures for dax on their screen data stack?

CNBC Viewership Plunges To 21 Year Lows.
You can fool all of the people Some of the time.

I guess people are wising up to the fact CNBC and Bloomberg get their money from large financial institutions who Dont want the public to get tradeable news.
Switch them off.

I guess people are wising up to the fact CNBC and Bloomberg get their money from large financial institutions who Dont want the public to get tradeable news.
Switch them off.

I like his comment about “the complete domination of centrally-planned markets by a few central banks” & @ “HFTs forcing out human traders”.

I suppose most of the long term traders & investors who didn't adapt to changes lost money & interest in trading.

Switch them off.

cnbc figures are at highs during market peaks and lows during market bottoms, this must mean dow 20,000 for sure

"low cnbc viewing figures are very bullish"

the last time cnbc were this low was 1992, dow was 3000 and went to 17,000+ be warned. "never short a dull market"

Last edited: