Trading Stock Indexes

4xis2ez

311 39
Short Sp500 now a few hours ago. Not the best entry, but it is declining now on 5 minute chart.

2be

Experienced member
1,853 291
just over 3 hrs trading, poss last short is coming of the pivot
third touch since the session L
so short

At BE just in case - crude in a tight range for last 2 hrs

2be

Experienced member
1,853 291
taken 20 + pips on DOW

2be

Experienced member
1,853 291
I am ready for a coffee break, so far in a tight range, I am not too sure about anything

Gap not closed yet. crude in positive territory,
divergence looks good, I prefer volume candles for div hunting, ( on a larger TF it is often the 3rd div creating a triangle ) that is very powerful
So is hidden divergence, when I spot it

Reactions: 4xis2ez

2be

Experienced member
1,853 291
Finished day with minor profit. I don't think those hourly cycles are very good.
I find cycles on intraday very difficult.
Still remember that H4 attempts on cable many years ago which you have posted on other forum.
I have studied your postings and tried to get some utility and cycle solution, but found it frustrating.
That was when cable had good volatility!!!
I am not tempted to enter any trade atm.
The day proved to be ok, some reasonable pips netted, taking into account ranging day on indices.

Wishing you a nice weekend,

2be

4xis2ez

311 39
Now it rallies after I quit for the day!

forum3.jpg

2be

Experienced member
1,853 291
Here is cycle analysis for the next 30 days. Looking for up move for next week as a general bias.
Thank you, as usual you have put a good amount of work and thoughts in working out the cycle solution.

I was mainly shorting DOW today, and have been very conservative with the PT.

Posted some trades today, and tried to explain the reasons for entries and exits, otherwise posts are less useful.
Actually IMHO posting while trading is adding more stress to myself, and I would not encourage others to do so.
Occasional live call is ok, but I do not expect other traders to spend so much effort which IMHO is , or can be distraction.

I find it difficult to explain it all on this forum, and certainly more difficult to do it while actively trading.
Some parts are less likely to be of use to others, and other details might be more problematic, but rest assured I do NOT claim to have some special tool, indicator or knowledge, apart of what is publicly available in books, articles and the like.

Good preparation before the session is very important, just as being calm, generally rested and well focused during trading is also essential.
It is impossible to eliminate the risk however much effort one is prepared to waste on trying to do so, but it does not mean that the risk is not to be managed.

Posted S&P and DOW after US session close, with some levels for Monday.

Good weekend to all,
"be

Attachments

Last edited:

4xis2ez

311 39
Hi 2be. I'm not going to trade stock index intraday anymore. Friday was mostly range bound and that is harder to trade profitably. I'm looking at trading breakouts on stock and forex also. On Nadex, forex binaries have experation's every 4 hours. This will suit me better than trying to trade one market. And I can complete my hourly cycle solution within 10 minutes upon notification of a breakout to confirm the breakout should continue.

2be

Experienced member
1,853 291
Hi 2be. I'm not going to trade stock index intraday anymore. Friday was mostly range bound and that is harder to trade profitably. I'm looking at trading breakouts on stock and forex also. On Nadex, forex binaries have experation's every 4 hours. This will suit me better than trying to trade one market. And I can complete my hourly cycle solution within 10 minutes upon notification of a breakout to confirm the breakout should continue.
Hi 4xis2ez,

Trading any instrument that range demands an adjustment, if one prefers trending conditions.
Due to volatility I have switched to Indexes, mainly DOW and DAX.
It suits me atm, and on intra day, I am trying to establish a possible span of the moves and take very often conservative profits.
I use futures for longer (in duration) trades, and when I am correct I can supplement these positions trading either in that same direction, or against these futures positions, thus having a kind of a hedge.
Futures expire every three months, with 6 pips spread during trading day (London + US session) and 10 pips outside these sessions, but there are not overnight interest charges, so they can be held for a long time without additional cost, with reasonable leverage.

Every instrument has some specific characteristics and it makes sense to trade forex by trading binaries, but that is an area I have no experience atm. Have traded a bit in that area and found that the platform pricing was out of sync, and gave it up.
I wish you well and good profits in trading.

2be