Trading NASDAQ stocks with Jerry Olson & Ian Hodgson

Locked profits 380 GOOG puts... BRCM/SNDK locked in

eurotrader52 said:
After swing shorts in SLB PHM and HOV looking to cover here with no intention today of further shorting these companies. Flat now any oil service companies and home builders.
No position in NSM ... No new plays for me until 2:00 reversal period. CHOICE for potential long plays: BIDU over 84.25 . Maybe some GOOG 400 call options if GOOG gets above 384 (for morning or late in the day rally)

VERY HAPPY and no need to overtrade.

BIDU triggers long

eurotrader52 said:
GOOG puts up 42% second day of puts in GOOG, even the morning rally (400 calls) had a gain. If you buy puts you won't be panicked at small bear flag intraday rallies... JUST HOLD FOR THE RIDE UP

BIDU triggers for intraday rally

BIDU intraday rally and GOOG 400 calls strong

eurotrader52 said:
BIDU triggers for intraday rally

BRCM also rallied off 29.35 intraday but didn't bother with it. COOL 2 trend day might or might consider another NSM trade later in the session (23.65 but prefer the 25 calls which are very cheap.

SLB good reversal bar on the daily and 5 minute chart after multi-day put play

eurotrader52 said:
BRCM also rallied off 29.35 intraday but didn't bother with it. COOL 2 trend day might or might consider another NSM trade later in the session (23.65 but prefer the 25 calls which are very cheap.

60 would be nice as a close for a 'dead cat bounce' play probably overnight an through the last 2 reversal periods (3:00 - 3:30) and (3:30 into the close)..

Attachments

• SLBreversal.gif
    SLBreversal.gif
    24.9 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
GOOG 390 should catapult the 400 CALL options to nice gains

eurotrader52 said:
60 would be nice as a close for a 'dead cat bounce' play probably overnight an through the last 2 reversal periods (3:00 - 3:30) and (3:30 into the close)..
2-trend day for GOOG, good enough not to care to enter any other buy triggers that alerted in the last few reversal periods. PROFITS would best be taken before the close. TOMORROW is another day

Attachments

• GOOG2daytrade.gif
    GOOG2daytrade.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 168
GOOG terrific move for the 400 calls 25 point swing for GOOG

:cheesy: GOOG explodes through overhead resistance 400 CALLS looking awesome (almost better than the 380 puts however the 380 puts were a 2 day play) No scalping here just following the trades through multiple bars and reversal periods. GOOG had a CLEAR 2 trend day today and still holding the 400 calls.

NSM triggers long ...finally.... look for a strong move here (25 calls June)

NSM finally triggers (earnings tonight so be cautious)

this is the final for the day . You see when you are using correct potion sizing it be impossible to give back your wins ( considering your system has positive expectancy) , as the losses will never take over the day win due to edge with in your system .

Risk and money management is vital in this game.

You should not be trading with out it .( you be 100% loser in long term if you ignore it )

Grey1

Attachments

• final8th.jpg
    final8th.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 211
Option trading excellent for money managment..

Grey1 said:
this is the final for the day . You see when you are using correct potion sizing it be impossible to give back your wins ( considering your system has positive expectancy) , as the losses will never take over the day win due to edge with in your system .

You should not be trading with out it .( you be 100% loser in long term if you ignore it )

Grey1

Made a very easy gain of $0.40 on a long in NSM, promptly paid $0.40 for the June 25 call options so if the trade "loses" I will be essentially giving back the $0.40 but the potential for higher gains is also there. The gains made today are taken and willing to risk $0.40 that essentially was only a 20 minute hold. The point being I CAN NEVER LOSE more than $0.40 even if NSM tanks to 20 overnight. Now the position played was 2,000 shares and the calls bought were only 20 but those twenty are "controlling" about 2,000 shares of stock (i.e. had I bought 2,000 shares of NSM, the cost would have been around $48,000 for an overnight trade versus $800. The risk/reward for an option trade is acceptable based on historical moves, oversold price of NSM, etc.

Last edited:
Grey1 said:

Grey1

Grey1,

Indeed, you get this bit right and you can once in a while BULLY the instrument as you have bullied JOYG into submission today. Great trading. :LOL:

BlueChip Trader said:
Grey1,

Indeed, you get this bit right and you can once in a while BULLY the instrument as you have bullied JOYG into submission today. Great trading. :LOL:

Blue Chip my man ,

Easy peasy . lemon squeezy.

There is no business like trading business. Those who seek eventually find and those who donot , eventually end up selling courses/Cd's/ ......

Lets hope the market is wild tomorrow so I can make the same amount of $$$ before Poland / Equator match because once the football hits the TV money is the last thing in my agenda.

grey1

GOOG - Trading Nirvana - Does anyone care about the daily chart?

Grey1 said:
Blue Chip my man ,

Easy peasy . lemon squeezy.

There is no business like trading business. Those who seek eventually find and those who donot , eventually end up selling courses/Cd's/ ......

Lets hope the market is wild tomorrow so I can make the same amount of $$$ before Poland / Equator match because once the football hits the TV money is the last thing in my agenda.

grey1
I do not think or care much if GOOG moves to historical highs above 400+. The trading range intraday for GOOG puts/calls, which trade as quickly as the stock, is enough for excellent gains with minimum exposure to its riduculous price. I look at 395 as a reversal potential again for GOOG in which case I will pick up the 390 puts (instead of the 380). In the event of a early pullback we might pick up the 380 puts, either way GOOG is good for the 5- minute chart (the 3 minute chart will knock you out before the 'meat' of the trade is done) with a confirmation on the 60 minutes. GOOG PRICE IS INSANE but it makes a great short at intraday highs and a long after session lows. :LOL:

Attachments

• GOOG15minu.gif
    GOOG15minu.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 60minGOOG.gif
    60minGOOG.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 185
Sold all positions in NSM for easy gain

$.60 gain on the NSM call options and another $.44 on the stock (gap 'n snap) for a two day haul of $1.44 within minutes. NMS was just a small side trade late into last session. Now market will I will be looking to BUY NSM at intraday lows or at any sign of market acceleration because a gap 'n snap after earnings signifies a stock that has a chance of further upside in the next days or even weeks.

MRVL looking good after a long legged near doji close

MRVL might be headed to 50 or higher here if market internals and nq's confirm. Trigger @ 48.60 to retest 50-51

NSM entry above 25.25 at this pro gap 'n snap

Stop 24.75 so as not to get knocked out too quickly This could be a swing play if you continually raise stops and lock in profits. Compare this chart with TXN which also released earnings last night and the stock gapped up however crapped within seconds. This is called a 'gap fill' and is very profitable if you know about it in advance (i.e. knowing the stock is reporting is enough advance notice and then you just put it on your morning watch list. THIS ANTICIPATION for a large move is a direct result of the market "reviewing" the earnings report.

Taking GOOG 390 Calls for a trade (GOPFR)might trade to the 390 puts later in session

GOOG moves above 394.00 I like the calls or a early rally

AAPL a short here 60.13 see the chart below

Goodbye foul aapl

Attachments

• AAPLrotting.gif
    AAPLrotting.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 236
grabbed a point on GOOG calls in now 390 June PUTS

GOOG JUNE 390 PUTS good hopefully for a longer period hold here as the 390 puts are trading at only $6.20.

GOOG June 390 puts out @ $7.00 from $6.20. Still holding a few

eurotrader52 said:
GOOG JUNE 390 PUTS good hopefully for a longer period hold here as the 390 puts are trading at only $6.20.
GOOG sold at a discount of only $6.20 a share. Would love to see GOOG retest 380 ultimately