Trading NASDAQ stocks with Jerry Olson & Ian Hodgson

Good Morning all

Well the FED did what they were supposed to do, no surprises there, they did remove the word "may" from their statement, I have no clue about why that was so positive for the markets. But needless to say my "Summer Rally" pre announced about a week or so ago is well under way. In fact that rally yesterday was a the largest 1 day gain since March 2003. Interesting date if you ask me. I went clown long the very next day or so way back then, and I fully expect this rally will have legs despite all the negative vibes out there. In fact I have been talking incessantly about the internals on P&F. A major indicator reversed back up into X's yesterday the OPTI BP. When this one moves back to the good side of the street, the NYSE is not far behind usually. The key's to this rally were showing up in the major indicators as they started to show traction, and stopped moving lower on their charts. This was showing me sellers were done pushing selected stocks and sectors lower so we could have a solid reversal in all index charts and BP's too. The weekly momentum figures were negative for so long that they were "due" for the new trend. That's exactly what we got yesterday. So with this new improved directional change of trend and momentum I would suggest you get skinny long with stops of course and let's make up for lost time as we rally right thru July. I will continue to update you as sectors and bullish percents continue to reverse back up. Yesterday the BPPREC & Non precious metals both reversed back up. GOLD on all charts I watch gave nice buy signals yesterday altogether, that's the GC Continous, the XAU and the HUI. You can use the GLD or the GDX even the SLV to participate in this next good move up. Oil & Oil service sectors look good too. IN fact all Utility and energy related sectors are going a lot higher over time. Let me suggest that you do some homework on dividend paying stocks or sectors or actually ETF's that you can invest in your IRA's. I have owned DUK Energy for about 4-5 years priced about 18-19 bucks average per share. I have no intentions of ever selling it. Stocks like this that produce nice yields each year and appreciate in value is how you gain wealth. Forget speculative stocks and sectors. The real hard earned winners are always smokestack type stocks and all of my holding produce dividends. Think about it folks!
=====================================================================================================

RIMM---70.15 THE BTL---69.45 THE SST---SUPER DUPER EPS REPORT LAST NIGHT INNA AND ME DID WELL SCALPING TWICE..IT'S GOING HIGHER.

AKAM---36.25 THE BTL---35.45 THE SST---THIS STOCK IS THE BEST OF BREED. THE STREET LOVES THIS NAME. 37 IS THE 52 WEEK HIGH B/O AND THIS DESPITE THE INCREDIBLE SELL OFF SINCE MAY.

CELG---47.75 THE BTL---46.85 THE SST---ONE OF THE BEST BIO TECH NAMES OUT THERE. BUY A 45 CALL OPTION OUT ABOUT 3-4 MONTHS AND MAKE A LOT OF MONEY. CHECK WHAT I SAID SUNDAY

SEPR---58.00 THE BTL---57.20 THE SST---SAME STORY HERE USE THE 55 CALLS OUT ABOUT 3-4 MONTHS I LIKE IT TO BREAKOUT HUGE OVER 61.00 THE BIG TIME TRIGGER

SNDK---52.55 THE BTL---51.80 THE SST---VERY CHEAP TECH STOCK THAT HELD THE RECENT 49 LOWS I LIKE IT HIGHER.

MRVL---45.30 THE BTL---44.50 THE SST---HAS A SHOT AT 47.OO OFF THE MAY HIGHS JUNE LOWS FIBO RETRACE. THAT'S THE JUST THE 50% BACKSIDE BOUNCE AREA.

NTRI---59.45 THE BTL---58.65 THE SST---BROKE A SPREAD TRIPLE TOP YESTERDAY AT 60 I LIKE IT HIGHER TOWARD 65 OVER THE NEXT 2 WEEKS AHEAD OF EPS.

UARM---41.15 THE BTL---40.35 THE SST---I LIKE THIS RETAIL NAME TO BREAKOUT AT 42-43 AREA.

FFIV---53.55 THE BTL---52.80 THE SST---LOT'S OF UPGRADES ALMOST EACH DAY LOOKS LIKE 55-60 AREA NEXT STOP FOR THIS GOOD NAME IN TECH LAND.

BOOM---33.45 THE BTL---32.75 THE SST---IN A TRIANGLE ON P&F LOOKS LIKE IT'S GOING TO BREAKOUT AT 35 THEN RUN FOR THE ROSES TO 52 WEEK HIGHS.
======================================================================================================

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT RESTFUL WEEKEND. NO MATTER WHERE YOU TRADE ONLINE, NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE IN YOUR ACCTS, SEND IN A LOT MORE AND MAKE IT WHILE WE CAN.

I AM LEAVING EARLY TODAY JUST AFTER LUNCH FOR 5 DAYS. I WILL HAVE MY NEWSLETTER SET UP FOR LATE TUES JULY 4TH EVENING. I AM HEADING TO THE BEACH IN MARGATE NJ. SOME FUN UN AND GREAT SEAFOOD. WE HAVE 1/2 A DAY MONDAY I WILL NOT BE IN THE ROOM.

HAVE A SAFE WONDERFUL HOLIDAY WEEKEND

JERRY & INNA
Jerry Olson

eurotrader52 said:
Wow, where do you get these triggers? :LOL: They are all skewed. Some examples: MRVL you say is a buy at 51.85 but is trading up nicely from 43 so I'm not supposed to be long yet? SNDK picked up this morning @ 51.15 but according to your buy trigger SNDK you have a buy trigger @ 52 . Your triggers for the "newsletter" don't give any updates when stocks gap up or down and they are NOT even accurate according to the Friday night EOD prices. GRMN is very wrong and you haven't explained that trigger either since Friday's close is well above your cited trigger.

MRVL---51.85 THE BTL---50.95 THE SST---WEEKLY MOM JUST TURNED POS, IT SPLITS 2-1 JULY 25TH I LOVE THIS LONG IF IT CAN TAKE OUT 54.00.

UARM according to your newsletter triggers short @ 37, which it hit on Tuesday, so essentially UARM is a short even though its trading now @ about 39.30. End of day charts (especially if they're not even accurate since they don't take in the price at Friday's close) do not allow for fluctuations and gaps up/down and they certainly can't be used in hindsight when the stock triggers both long and short during the interval you are citing. :p This newsletter looks to be a product of an 'artificial intelligence' software generating buy/sell triggers that might have rusted its hinges.

UARM---37.90 THE BTL---37.00 THE SST---VERY NICE SET UP A NICE LONG DRAWN OUT CUP WITH A RECENT HANDLE READY TO ROCK HIGHER.

RIMM is coming out with earnings tonight and you suggest the 60 calls for August (at around 7.40 and pulling lower and lower on an up day) when the 67.50 or even 65 puts are HOT. Don't you post or update RIMM. RIMM August calls might be the worst advice you can give traders at this point in time.

RIMM---66.20 THE BTL---65.40 THE SST---THIS IS THE TYPE OF STOCKS FOR YOU OPTIONS PLAYERS THAT I WOULD TAKE LONG USING THE 60 CALLS FOR AUGUST. EVERYTHING IS TURNING POS FOR IT RIGHT NOW. NOTE THE GREAT SUPPORT AT 62.00 YOUR STOP IS 61.00.

Euro you keep editing and re editing your posts

RIMM hows your puts putz?

Jerry Olson said:
Euro you keep editing and re editing your posts

RIMM hows your puts putz?
It takes a while for an astute (or rather a "real" trader) to analyze that "newsletter" with its unprofessional format, grammatical errors, and a multitude of additional flaws. By the way what do you think of the "time and sales" method of trading? Just call out a price for a stock (any number) and wait until the sales confirm a gain of about $.12 then call the EXIT. That way you always win because you wait until a profit was made on paper. Might be a good way to scalp trade. What is your opinion on that methodology. I might want to try it for a change. ;)

Jerry Olson said:
RIMM---70.15 THE BTL---69.45 THE SST---SUPER DUPER EPS REPORT LAST NIGHT INNA AND ME DID WELL SCALPING TWICE..IT'S GOING HIGHER.

AKAM---36.25 THE BTL---35.45 THE SST---THIS STOCK IS THE BEST OF BREED. THE STREET LOVES THIS NAME. 37 IS THE 52 WEEK HIGH B/O AND THIS DESPITE THE INCREDIBLE SELL OFF SINCE MAY.

CELG---47.75 THE BTL---46.85 THE SST---ONE OF THE BEST BIO TECH NAMES OUT THERE. BUY A 45 CALL OPTION OUT ABOUT 3-4 MONTHS AND MAKE A LOT OF MONEY. CHECK WHAT I SAID SUNDAY

SEPR---58.00 THE BTL---57.20 THE SST---SAME STORY HERE USE THE 55 CALLS OUT ABOUT 3-4 MONTHS I LIKE IT TO BREAKOUT HUGE OVER 61.00 THE BIG TIME TRIGGER

SNDK---52.55 THE BTL---51.80 THE SST---VERY CHEAP TECH STOCK THAT HELD THE RECENT 49 LOWS I LIKE IT HIGHER.

MRVL---45.30 THE BTL---44.50 THE SST---HAS A SHOT AT 47.OO OFF THE MAY HIGHS JUNE LOWS FIBO RETRACE. THAT'S THE JUST THE 50% BACKSIDE BOUNCE AREA.

NTRI---59.45 THE BTL---58.65 THE SST---BROKE A SPREAD TRIPLE TOP YESTERDAY AT 60 I LIKE IT HIGHER TOWARD 65 OVER THE NEXT 2 WEEKS AHEAD OF EPS.

UARM---41.15 THE BTL---40.35 THE SST---I LIKE THIS RETAIL NAME TO BREAKOUT AT 42-43 AREA.

FFIV---53.55 THE BTL---52.80 THE SST---LOT'S OF UPGRADES ALMOST EACH DAY LOOKS LIKE 55-60 AREA NEXT STOP FOR THIS GOOD NAME IN TECH LAND.

BOOM---33.45 THE BTL---32.75 THE SST---IN A TRIANGLE ON P&F LOOKS LIKE IT'S GOING TO BREAKOUT AT 35 THEN RUN FOR THE ROSES TO 52 WEEK HIGHS.

Jerry Olson

Interesting morning update! However all your LONG triggers happen to have been PERFECT SHORT triggers. Had anyone gone long on this morning triggers they would have been stopped out on 90% losses. SNDK was a short @ 52.55 and not a long, RIMM was a short @ 69.80 and NOT a long @ 70, NTRI was a AN EXCELLENT short @ 59.45 and not a long as you posted. SEPR was a short @ 58 and DEFINITELY NOT A LONG at the intraday high. AKAM was a short @ 36.25 and NOT a long. BOOM was a short @ 33.45 and a LONG at 34 (by 10:00 a.m.) although there were plenty others from your update to short. You just don't want to learn tha Gap Ups and Gap Downs following intraday charts are the correct way to trade and EOD charts are never accurate for the day trader and scalper. Don't you ever take into account the short the rally, or a rally fade? But I guess your work is done here. Your methodology has been at least interesting.

In conclusion, as a CONTRARY INDICATOR you made some of us lucky enough to read your morning report a lot of money! Thanks.

eurotrader52 said:
Interesting morning update! However all your LONG triggers happen to have been PERFECT SHORT triggers. Had anyone gone long on this morning triggers they would have been stopped out on 90% losses. SNDK was a short @ 52.55 and not a long, RIMM was a short @ 69.80 and NOT a long @ 70, NTRI was a AN EXCELLENT short @ 59.45 and not a long as you posted. SEPR was a short @ 58 and DEFINITELY NOT A LONG at the intraday high. AKAM was a short @ 36.25 and NOT a long. BOOM was a short @ 33.45 and a LONG at 34 (by 10:00 a.m.) although there were plenty others from your update to short. You just don't want to learn tha Gap Ups and Gap Downs following intraday charts are the correct way to trade and EOD charts are never accurate for the day trader and scalper. Don't you ever take into account the short the rally, or a rally fade? But I guess your work is done here. Your methodology has been at least interesting.

In conclusion, as a CONTRARY INDICATOR you made some of us lucky enough to read your morning report a lot of money! Thanks.

you need glasses pal...blah blah blah

we killed the market on the long side all day...

tsk tsk

Just A Thought Good Luck Trading All

JERRY OLSON'S
"POINT" OF VIEW NEWSLETTER
DATED JULY 4TH 2006
THE BULLS ARE IN CHARGE NOW

Hello out there my fellow traders around the world. It's the 4th of July here in the good old USA and we are celebrating wonderful historical times in our young life. The weekend was simply awesome. The weather was super gorgeous and so was the fun and sun and food. What a great way to get ready for the next phase of trading in these wild markets, we are rested and are now refreshed and ready to go.

There have been some "major changes" on the internals of Point & Figure Bullish Percents last week, that have set up the markets for a giant rally over the next 4-6 weeks. The main Bullish Percent the NYSE BP has turned up here into a column of X's along with the BP OPTI and all the 4 short term trading indicators as well. Even more important to me was the reversal back up of the deeply oversold Hi Lo Indexes from historical levels that always produced major rallies over the last 3-4 years. The massive profit taking from the May 11th highs have been completely exhausted. The sellers are gone now and the funds are buying heavily as we speak. Shorts are going to have to buy back those shares as the streets sentiment and perception have changed to positive from being diabolically negative for a long time now. The "Momentum" indicators I watch have all turned positive after being negative for 8-9-10 weeks in a row. In fact a lot longer than they normally move in either direction. What does that mean to me? Well if you stretch that rubber band to a breaking point you are bound to get it back in your face if you're not careful. So they took it to the brink but those shorts are going to feel the pain as we begin a move that will shock and awe the whole street. No one is expecting what is coming. Trust me I see it, smell it and feel it. This market is going a lot higher than anyone can imagine. In fact as we move thru July's economic reports, just think if they come in a bit tamer, less inflationary, more conducive for the FED to stop raising rates. Let me tell you all that interest rates on all fronts are moving a lot higher right now. I speculate in real estate here in Phila. I buy beaten up houses in half decent areas and renovate them for a flip. I never hold them to rent. I have a working relationship with a banker friend for years. 2 years ago rates had hit unbelievable lows. That rate was 5.25 then, It's now at 9.25. In fact the rate of change has accelerated over the last 6 months almost at will each and every month. My point is all rates have been rising for all types of loans. Regular mortgages are now at 6.75 to 7.00% right now. So we have come up about 2 full points in general for the 30 year fixed rate type mortgages. But on just that small rate hike, the housing market is almost collapsing all over the country?. Current inventories have exploded. This is now a buyers market, so if you're thinking about buying go ahead. IN the next 6 months as the rate hikes work there way thru the pipeline, housing prices will suffer even greater as sales slow, and cancellations continue to move up. Why am I talking about this? Because the FED has mentioned the "slowing" of this sector as well as the "moderating" of the economy in their last statement.

It seems to me if we get those eco reports this month kicking off with the employment number this Friday then the CPI PPI and PCE for June, the FED will be ready willing and able to cease any more rate hikes immediately at the next FOMC meeting in August. Now if we assume that the number will at best not be higher than the last few months, and the housing market continues to tank even more, I doubt they will raise rates again. So if we speculate just a bit we could be in for a major rally here ahead of the meeting "IF" these up coming reports hold up well for us traders. I would hazard a guess that any "Core" number at or near 0.2% will be a huge positive. If we take a step back and begin to examine the current set of factors controlling the next best move higher, then I think you'll begin to get the picture a bit better. Using strictly technical analysis the current picture based on the Bullish Percents says to me and you get long. Cover all shorts immediately. Next we are entering July earnings season. What a great way to enter this reporting time frame since we are so beaten down & ready for all types of surprises to the upside. These BP's I talk about do not move up and down quickly. They take a lot of time to turn from one side to the other side. We P&F chartist are smiling ear to ear. If you remember that Barrons Cover article way back when they showed that BULL and the DOW target of 12,000 I wrote that week about wiping the smile off my face! Well just a week or so ago they said, "do not wake the sleeping bear" they had a picture of the Bear in Bed taking a long nap. Let me tell you all, I was smiling ear to ear. Everything I can see, everything I understand about P&F, everything that has us chartist salivating to dive into the abyss clown long, is actually set up that way right here and right now. One major caveat folks. There is huge amounts of overhead supply up above at all the moving averages. There are down trend lines that must be taken out first. This will not be an easy rally. There will be a lot of backing and filling as we attempt to breakout to new 52 week highs. Yes that's exactly what I am saying. If things come together here in the next 2-4 weeks I would suggest we could see new highs during July/August time frame. Not a great area of the 4 year cycle, not a great time frame overall for that Go away In May syndrome, nope not a good time for being bullish at all what with Sept Oct macro cycle lows lying just a few months ahead. But for the mere fact of all of the above, I am playing full blown contrarian here all the way to the top. I will begin to add to my IRA's, and stock portfolio's, but will continue to daytrade every single day on the long side even heavier. We can now look for much larger intraday gains by holding and not scalping as much. My lot sizes will change dramatically now. So for all of you stay this course, watch and wait patiently for the eco reports and let's make the most money we can right now! Let's ROCK!

first hour of trading

Now if you are going to be negative about my calls

then please post your P/L statements right here live...

otherwise buzz off, that goes for everyone

Euro that goes for you in particular..show us the money big shot

Gee Whiz Triggers

trhink this trigger worked form my Sunday newsletter???

TZOO---30.70 THE BTL---29.95 THE SST---FINALLY GETTING SOME PLAY IT'S NOW ABOVE ALL MVA'S ON THE DAILY CANDLE CHART.

Another thought

Jerry Olson said:
This thread will be dedicated to all types of traders that wish to trade NASDAQ type stocks. If you're a scalper, swing trader or even an investor type buy and holder we will try to help you make the right choices on any stock, commodity, etc. I have 30 years in the markets using both candlesticks, and especially Point & Figure charting.

I think the very essence of all traders is to have the best of breed in their tools and the use of important tactics that we will discuss here all the time. My example is we as traders use Esignal.com for charts and real time quotes. Their service has been excellent especially in conjunction with our on line broker Genesis Securities in New York City. In all my years as a daytrader never have i found a better trading platform then their award winning Laser Platform. What is most enjoyable is they link to Esignal and Trade Ideas whose owner David Aferiat and I have been friends for years. This dynamic combo can only help all of us to be better at what we all love to do, trade the markets for a living.

With my UK colleague Ian Hodgson the mastermind behind the layouts for Esignal and the Laser platform we hope that we can help anyone try these products out to see if they can help you become a better trader.

I guess we'll wait for another thread.....another opportunity, another country... another Jahrtausend... :cry:

my sunday newsletter

Eruo i see you found a new home on anoither web site...

=========================================================================

JERRY OLSON'S
"POINT" OF VIEW NEWSLETTER
DATED JULY 9TH 2006
BEARS ARE EVERYWHERE, MAKES ME BULLISH!

Hello out there all my cyber trading friends form around the world. Inna and me wish all of you a wonderful time this summer as we enjoy the beach, some sun, and a lot of fine food and drinks. Refresh everyone this is a good time to enjoy life as a full time professional daytrader. Things are going to get 100% better for us traders in short order.

I have learned throughout all the years I've been trading the markets to play or fade the crowd mentality. Once the whole world is bullish or bearish it makes me want to go the other way. Right now at this very moment in time, based on everything I see on the charts, based on unreal negativity out in La La Land, and based on my long time trust of the Bullish Percent charts I've been following for 10 years now, I am sticking my neck out here and calling for a "Surprise Rally" to the upside starting this week. While I will admit things sure don't look good anywhere at the moment, perception and sentiment is abysmal to say the least. We keep getting bombarded by "outside influences" that in my world lend to extremes that are tradable. What I mean is when the street is running scared, when all the constant negative rhetoric is blaring all day long on CNBC or in the newspapers about Iran, Iraq and now North Korea, with Crude prices at all time highs and going well above 80 bucks a barrel, with Gasoline prices at or near $4.00 dollars a gallon, what with hurricane season almost upon us, what is so striking to me is we are still STANDING! Yes that's right we are not in the tank too bad right now, the DJIA is amazingly still above 11K, the COMPX somehow is still above 2100, the SPX is just hanging as tough as I've ever seen this index hold here at above 1250, and even the beaten down small caps are doing ok right now too. I think every Wall street Pundit out there worth his salt is crying foul ball now, and is worried to death we are going to crater to the bottom of the sea, where ever that is folks. All the consensus numbers of newsletters writers is as bearish as it has ever been in all of the historical data collected. It's like they have pronounced us dead and buried. I have to use my own judgment and play contrarian till I'm proven wrong.

I have looked at all the charts on P&F and of course using candlesticks as well. What is amazing to me is we have made a full round trip to complete the large daily Head & Shoulders pattern set up from last year in the fall all the way to June of this year at the June lows. But!, there is a developing chart pattern that is diabolically inverse to that "other" pattern. It's called an Inverse H&S Pattern and on each and every chart I can plainly see the breakout areas of what is called the neckline. I will label these areas and show you what I mean. All I am saying here is based on P&F BP's what with the NYSE, OPTI, NDX, SPX HI LO INDEXS all in X's as we speak and nothing is in danger of reversing down yet I have to go with what brung me to this dance floor. Call me nuts, call me crazy, but the real surprise to everyone leaning the "other way" is for us to rally up hard right now starting this week. Look the street did not like that employment number Friday, but I did! The economy is certainly slowing here, but it's not rolling over. Housing took the biggest hit, but guess what everyone while inventories are at very high levels, all that's doing is bringing "some" prices down for buyers, and at the same time is removing the excesses within the confines of the whole sector. It's simply doing what all sectors do over time when they get too high they correct just like the markets. Once the correction is done they begin a period of consolidation and I feel that will happen late 2006 early 2007 for this robust sector. But for all intents and purposes we are not going out of business are we? Did they shut off the lights and sing "the parties over"? I don't think so folks. Instead of thinking our glass is half empty let's really call this like it really is, the glass is definitely half full! Get yourself together for one wild bronco busting ride in the next 30-60 days. Earnings season really kicks off July 17th. So hang tough and enjoy!!!!!
=====================================================================================================

THE PASSWORD FOR THIS WEEK IS xxxxxxxxxxx one word lower case letters <GULP>?

DJIA---OK WELL HERE'S THE PICTURE, IT'S WORTH 1000 WORDS IF YOU ASK ME. http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ1.gif

COMPX---RIGHT NOW WE NEED AN IMMEDIATE RALLY UP AND OVER 2160 TO REVERSE THE TREND. THEN WE NEED TO TAKE OUT 2200 AND BREAK THRU THE DOWN TREND LINE ON P&F. http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ2.gif WEEKLY MOMENTUM HAS TURNED POS AFTER BEING NEG FOR 11 WEEKS.

NDX---IN PRECARIOUS STRAITS RIGHT HERE IT MUST HOLD 1510 OR WE COULD IMPLODE. WE NEED A QUICK TRIP HIGHER TO 1560 TO GET IT OFF THAT LOW AND THEN TAKE OUT 1600 THIS WEEK. http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ3.gif WEEKLY MOM IS POS NOW AS WELL

RUT 2000---WELL HERE'S AN INTERESTING CHART. THE INDEX BREAKS OUT AT MY 705 AREA FOR A TRIPLE TOP BREAKOUT. RUNS UP TO 730. THEN PROMPTLY REVERSES BACK DOWN AS "ALL TRIPLE TOPS " DO, TO TEST THAT 705 AREA OK? AND NOW WHAT? I SUGGEST THE SML MID CAP 600 AND THE RUT COULD SURPRISE HERE NEAR TERM. WE NEED THE RUT TO REVERSE BACK UP AND TAKE OUT 730, BADA BING BADA BANG!

BTK---THE BIO TECH INDEX IS JUST LOOKING SWELL IF YOU ASK ME. IN FACT SINCE THEY WILL NOT BUY THE SEMIS THEY ARE BUYING THE BIO TECHS. 680 THE KEY BREAKOUT OF THE FLAG RIGHT HERE.

SOX INDEX---THE WEAKEST LINK RIGHT NOW. 400 IS THE BOTTOM OF THE 10 WEEK TRADING BAND AND WEEKLY MOM IS RUNNING NEGATIVE BUT SHOWING SOME TRACTION HERE. SEMIS ARE WEAK.

CL U6 CRUDE OIL---LOOKS LIKE IT NEEDS A BREATHER TOWARD THE 20 EMA AT 73.00 THEN ON TO NEW HIGHS. http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ4.gif

GC/ CONTINUOUS---NEEDS A BREATHER HERE AS WELL. VERY SHORT TERM OVERBOUGHT CHECK IT OUT. http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ5.gif

HUI THE GOLD BUG INDEX---AT HARD R HERE AND WILL PULLBACK FOR A REST ... http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ6.gif

SPX---MY PROXY FOR THE WHOLE BALL OF WAX---WE NEED TO REVERSE BACK UP HERE AT 1285, THEN EXPLODE THRU 1300 HEADING FOR MY GUESSTAMATE OF A 52 WEEK HIGH TOUCH AT 1325.00 THINK IT'S NOT POSSIBLE? THINK AGAIN. http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ7.gif http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ8.gif

ES U6 NEEDS TO BREAK OUT AT 1292 FIRST LET'S SEE IF IT CAN DO IT THIS WEEK. THAT'S A BIG 20 POINT MOVE UP FORM RIGHT HERE. NQ U6 REALLY NEEDS TO GET IT'S ACT TOGETHER I'M WAITING FOR 1580 FOR THE TREND REVERSAL AND NOT TILL THEN AS TECH HAS BEEN REALLY DEAD.

ALL AND ALL IF I AM RIGHT THE MAJOR SURPRISE FOR THIS NEXT 30-60 DAYS WILL BE HIGHER AS OF THIS WEEK.
======================================================================================================

THE PASSWORD FOR THIS WEEK IS xxxxxxxxxxxx we sure would like to see that eh?

RIMM---70.45 THE BTL---69.65 THE SST---I LOVE RIMM LONG HERE BUY ALL DIPS PLEASE.

AAPL---56.00 THE BTL---55.10 THE SST---JUST GAVE IT'S 4TH CONSECUTIVE SELL SIGNAL ON P&F BUT FOR MY MONEY JUST TO CUTE. I LIKE IT HIGHER AND RIGHT NOW! http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ9.gif

TZOO---33.65 THE BTL---32.80 THE SST---BUY ANY DIP BELOW 33.00 I LIKE IT LONG.

AKAM---35.50 THE BTL---34.70 THE SST---NEEDS TO PULLBACK TOWARD 34-33 AREA AHEAD OF EPS DATE

MRVL---42.20 THE BTL---41.40 THE SST---5 SELL SIGNALS SEEMS JUST A BIT OVERDONE. SPLITS 2-1 JULY 25TH CHECK THIS CHART. SOME TIME UGLY CAN BE PRETTY<G>? http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ10.gif

CELG---48.65 THE BTL---47.85 THE SST---GOING TO NEW 52 WEEK HIGHS AND EASILY OVER 50+

RMBS---24.20 THE BTL---23.50 THE SST--- IT NEEDS TO TAKE OUT 25.00 NEAR TERM HAD 2 GOOD NEWS BLURBS THIS WEEK. TARGET IS 29.00

GRMN---99.55 THE BTL---98.60 THE SST---BUY THE AUGUST 95.00 CALLS WHAT A GREAT CHART SET UP. WE KILLED THAT LAST OPTION TRADE FOR 100% A DOUBLE. http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ11.gif

NTRI---61.15 THE BTL---60.30 THE SST--- I WOULD BUY THE 57.50'S OR THE 60.00'S OF AUG OR SEPT I LOVE THIS HIGHER.

PEIX---24.30 THE BTL---23.55 THE SST---WEEKLY MOM IS ABOUT TO TURN POS I LIKE IT HIGHER BUY THE SEPT 20 CALLS...

SNDK---47.90 THE BTL---47.00 THE SST---BEATEN DOWN TO A WONDERFUL BULLISH LEVEL IF YOU ASK ME. BUY THE SEPT/OCT 45.00 CALLS http://www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com/OJ12.gif

SEPR---55.50 THE BTL---54.60 THE SST---LOOK TRY THE SEPT 50 CALLS ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN WITH THIS SOLID IO TECH NAME

FFIV---52.80 THE BTL---51.90 THE SST---NEEDS TO REVERSE BACK UP RIGHT NOW...

UARM---39.90 THE BTL---39.15 THE SST---I THINK THIS GOOD RETAILER IS GOING OVER 45 SOON.

HANS---SPLITS 4-1 MONDAY MORNING I THINK IT HAS ABOUT 10% MORE UPSIDE IF THE MARKET CAN RALLY. WONDERFUL TRADER

OK NO ECO REPORTS OF ANY IMPORTANCE THIS WEEK. AND NO FED EITHER MAYBE WE DO A STEALTH RALLY?

HANG TOUGH EVERYONE

SEE YOU ALL IN THE ROOM

BEST REGARDS

JERRY & INNA

Jerry Olson

Last edited by a moderator:
HI all.
I'm new here and my idea is to post some charts what I use for trading. I'm profesional trader and in this bussiness 7 years...so if that is ok..like to hear comments from other what they mean about them.

P.s. my pologies for english misstakes, sint my 1st language

Here are few ideas for today:

LRY long above: 45.00, stop under: 44.13, target: 48 areas ST http://www.swingcharts.net/Ivica/2006/07132006lry.jpg
CELG long above: 48.50, stop under: 47.77, target: 50 areas DT http://www.swingcharts.net/Ivica/2006/07132006celg.jpg
SPN long above: 33.59, stop under: 33.10, target: 35 areas DT http://www.swingcharts.net/Ivica/2006/07132006spn.jpg

I'm breakout trader. Using technical analyst. Generaly idea is to buy strong and short weak stock, so I look for continuations. Also can buy weak stock but only if have reversal pattern.

Ivica

Jerry Olson

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 8:15 PM
Subject: Fw: SUNDAY NEWSLETTER

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 12:42 PM
Subject: SUNDAY NEWSLETTER

JERRY OLSON’S

“POINT”OF VIEW NEWSLETTER

WILD WEEK AHEAD FOR THE MARKETS

Hello all my cyber trading friends from around the world. I am sending you this report from the beaches of Margate New Jersey on a glorious warm day here on the east coast. I hope you and yours are in good health and spirits.

World turmoil has added an extra dimension to this current torrid relentless selloff. As I have stated here this is not time to be diving into the abyss pushing chips on to the table. However having said that we are heading into earnings season this week with some really big tech names reporting and guiding for the next half of the year. I still say the surprises will be to the upside and my rally will happen shortly. So many of the stocks we watch and trade each day hhave already guided lower from last quarter so it might be possible to beat the steets estimates and then surprise everyone how good things are actually doing in the world of business. In fact just last week the CEO of KLAC surprised the whole stfreet by telling us all how super they are doing right now and how solid thing look ahead for the 2nd half. Despite that of course the markets just ignored any “good” news obviouly becuase of the war going on in the middle east. Despite a big spike in crude prices, which of course I think that’s a temporary event driven phenonmenon, and it will come back down soon. Purely from a technical aspect crude has a lot higher to run near term if the world powers do not step in there and stop this conflict soon. In fact what an opportune time for all of the major countires of the free world to step up to the plate and dismantle North Kora & Iran in one fell swoop, while annhialating Hezzbola and Hamas once and for all. The real problem as I see i ist just when Israel and the Palastinines were talking peace, Hamas & Hezbola backed by Syria and Iran said NYET. In any case what with the world in turmoil, we need to step back and at all costs protect and preserve our capital for now. This week is going to be especially wild what with the major economic reorts coming out PPI & CPI etc, along with options expiration week here as well, and then the our friendi the Chairman of the Board Gentle Ben will be up on the hill for 2 whole days. FED minutes will be released from the last meeting as well. All and all a week straight form hell.

So all an all we are in for the ride of a life time this coming week. I am suggesting to be ultra careful how and when you decide to place some money to work in trades or options. Be alert to news feeds that will swing the futures up and down like a wild yo yo pushing & pulling you wildly around setting you up for major mistakes and head fakes all day long. There truly is not much for me to say right now and at times like this I feel it’s best to just shut up and let things unfold day to day. In fact that’s all we can hope for now is to understand the immense pressure on the markets along with high volatility on anything and everything you can imagine. Blindsides will be coming out of the wood work that’s for sure. Why risk it? For your money and mine we’ll be ultra careful and deadly serious about scalping for a trade this week. If in fact you do not have a stomack for it, then take off and head out for a vacation. You can always bring your notebook and catch up with what’s going on via e-mail from me. But I am warning you all this is not going to be a time frame for aggressivness. No it’s absolutely the direct oppostise of that. Please stand back and react “after” the fact as we move thru this week of wild gyrations and ridiculous swings in the futures and stock prices based on earnings announcements and constant blaring of war news and views. I implore you all brave is great, but caution is the key word for us all. Hang tough and let the crazies rule the roost while we watch with amazement

Last edited by a moderator:
WHat happened to Jerry? I just was reading the posts and it looks like they end in July. Is he done posting?

whats up doc?

Jerry Olson said:
Hang tough and let the crazies rule the roost while we watch with amazement

hmm, maybe its a case of rabbits , glaring headlights , 10 ton's and 18 wheels . :p

Fx.

lets be careful out there.........

tonton said:
WHat happened to Jerry? I just was reading the posts and it looks like they end in July. Is he done posting?

The thread was brought down by a nasty virus....
I for one found him most entertaining and good value though others disagreed unfortunately..
Plus ca change....

rols said:
The thread was brought down by a nasty virus....
I for one found him most entertaining and good value though others disagreed unfortunately..
Plus ca change....

Yeah I agree - IMO there are very few genuine traders/trainers on here. I thought that Jerry and Grey1 were the pucker ones... Shame that Jerry has disappeared... Hope he comes back.