Trading NASDAQ stocks with Jerry Olson & Ian Hodgson

kako said:
Euro, could u pls give an explanation of why 2:30-3:30 is most important time of day? u wrote this on 1 of recent Images, and i have no clue why.
The market opens. This is normally I high activity period. As is the last half hour of trading.

Contrast with the US lunch time when the market generally goes into the doldrums.

kako said:
Hi

Euro, could u pls give an explanation of why 2:30-3:30 is most important time of day? u wrote this on 1 of recent Images, and i have no clue why.

thnx in advance
Kako

The morning trading period is usually from 9:45 to 10:10 however I have often traded the 10:00 area as a common REVERSAL of the morning 30 minutes. This area is identified by many REVERSAL changes ofttimes signified by dojis at highs followed by bearish candlesticks (i.e. harami, dark cloud cover, etc. Many traders are trading pre market news, buy/sells are piled up on the table and by 10:00 a counter trend is established that is very profitable and can last through 12:00 or so.

The Doldrums I don't trade (12:30 until about 2:00 sometimes even 2:30. I have studied enough charts and after 10 years of trading I've also added the 2:30 to 3:30 period as the best period for a stronger move with greater volume. Usually it is the same trend as the 10:00 reversal trend.

Attachments

• morninguptrendline.gif
    morninguptrendline.gif
    72.4 KB · Views: 250
  • intradaylatebreakout.gif
    intradaylatebreakout.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 232
  • piercingpattern.gif
    piercingpattern.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Just A Headsup For You Traders/investors

Good Morning all

We have a lot on our plate this morning so let's get it on. First Al-Zarqawi is dead folks. Good riddance to that killer and good news for our troops in Iraq. Now let's get Bin Laden too.

The world markets are selling off this morning as interest rates are being raised around the world to fight inflation. Crude oil for July delivery is about to breakdown below 69.50 on the P&F chart heading down to 67.50 and the bullish support line, this is a good thing for everyone. Gold has completely broken down after making a top at 722 at the "top" of the 10 week trading bands I talk about all the time. My downside target is 568-570 for a potential bounce there. The dollar is rallying here with a major breakout at 85.50 on the chart that should have all other currencies pulling back in an uptrend. Meaning they are still a lot stronger then the buck for now. That too could change over time. Next what is in store for the US markets as this morning futures are very negative on all fronts?. Looking at the charts we are nearing hard support areas at the 'BOTTOM" of the ten week trading bands on "ALL" index charts except the DJIA which should bottom around 10,650-700 area in days. Things are moving so fast these days it seems everyone is in a hurry to sell and to buy. If you have moved to the sidelines as I suggested 2 months ago when the 3 main indicators, the 3 main Bullish Percents reversed down, then you have cash to buy this dip. I have diligently mentioned ad nausea about buying cheap insurance back then in the form of puts, going straight to cash, since cash is a solid trading position. I also mentioned to write covered calls against your holdings and take in cash for stocks you have held for a long time at much cheaper prices that you do not want to sell. If you have heeded my warnings back then you're sitting very well positioned to buy this sell off in the next few weeks. All indexes are going to have a full 10% correction that has been the missing link over the last 2 years or so. We needed this pullback since it's all a part and parcel of how the dynamics of the market works over the long haul. We have lived thru these sell offs for years. It is not unusual it's usual! This is the ebb and flow of the living entity we call the stock market. Get used to it and plan ahead at all times. My use and expertise of Point & Figure has saved my trading life for the last 10 years. It's going to help you as well to combat these scary moves in the market. We have learned over the years to buy all death and destructive dips. When everyone is calling for crash mode, when everyone is leaning the wrong way at or near the bottom, we need to take full advantage of this "get me out" puke it out" mentality.

All it takes is the guts and determination to buy at the lows, NOT SELL THERE! You heard me right, buy it when it looks like we are falling into the abyss. When the markets look the darkest, when everything looks as bleak as it can get that's when you buy. Not at 52 week highs or double tops. When everything is too rosy the exact reverse thinking comes into play. Sell it to the "Johnny Comes Lately crowd" that I wrote about in that "exact quote" way back in time this year. You sell at tops, and buy at bottoms. Get used to buying at a discount, a fire sale if you will. The country and the stock market is NOT going out of business folks. We'll be here trading for a living till kingdom come. The ultimate duty for all of us to be very cautious during these highly volatile times always protecting ones trading capital at all costs. I am not going to pound the table as I have been doing each day reminding you to "sell to soon", take the money and run", it becomes redundant to say the least. You all know the drill nothing has changed for now. If you snooze you lose.
=====================================================================================================

There is little sense in posting stocks with triggers today as the gap down will be large fast and furious, my suggestion is to wait for some stability and pick up some counter trend trades as buyers step into the game at some point today. Our list never changes really as the hi beta NASDAQ stocks provide us with solid trading choices each and every day. Let's set alerts today on all the indexes to see if they touch my "bottom targets" all at the same time. If his happens watch for buyers to appear with a large volume spike to the upside. You must be prepared for wholesale buying to enter this pullback at any moment. Have no fear folks, let it unfold and watch how the street reacts to this world wide sell off. Trust me the US markets lead the whole world by the nose. If we bounce today or tomorrow so will all the other oversold markets. Stay fast and loose today let's watch the action as it presents itself with super cheap buying opportunities.
=====================================================================================================

DJIA---10,700---650 THE BULLISH SUPPORT LINE

COMPX---2120 THE BOTTOM OF THE 10 WEEK

NDX---1540 THE BOTTOM OF THE 10 WEEK. THIS BP IS IN X'S AND HAS "NOT" MOVED ONE THIN DIME LOWER.

SOX---435 THE BOTTOM OF THE 10 WEEK

RUT 2000---680 THE BOTTOM OF THE 10 WEEK

HUI THE GOLD BUG INDEX---280 THE BOTTOM OF THE 10 WEEK

CL N6 JULY CRUDE FUTURES----A BREAK OF 69.50 TAKES IT TO 67.50 1ST TARGET

GC CONTINUOUS FUTURES---A BREAK OF 628 TAKES IT DOWN TO 568

TNX 10 YEAR YIELDS---A BREAK OF 49.75 COULD PLUNGE THIS CHART A LOT LOWER FOLKS THIS IS A GOOD THING

TLT---LEHMAN BOND INDEX---A PRINT OF 85.50 COULD TAKE IT TO 88.50 AND BE VERY BULLISH FOR THE MARKETS
======================================================================================================

AAPL

SNDK

RIMM COULD HAVE APPL NEWS SOON

BRCM VERY CHEAP NOW

MRVL A SUPER GOOD SEMIS THAT GUIDED HIGHER

NVLS BIG UPSIDE GUIDANCE LAST NIGHT WE HAVE TXN MID Q TONIGHT WITH NSM TODAY AT 1-2 PM

CELG

RMBS NEWS COMING THIS MONTH ALL GOOD

GOOG BROKE OUT AT 388

BIDU IS IN PLAY BIG TIME

QCOM SOLID QUALITY NAME

AKAM A CRAMER LIKE

BOOM IN PLAY BIG TIME

ALL I CAN SAY TO ALL OF YOU IS LET'S MAKE MONEY. THAT'S THE NAME OF THE GAME. PLEASE STICK TO THE RULES I HAVE LAID OUT TO EVERYONE. WE CAN TRADE ANY MARKET AND MAKE A BUCK WE DO IT DARN NEAR EVERYDAY.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL, JUST RELAX AND WATCH THE ACTION

SEE YOU IN THE ROOM

BEST TO YOU AND YOURS

JERRY & INNA

Jerry Olson
The Jog Group
www.buyitbuyitsellitsellit.com

interest rates

wanted to mention to you all

watch the T- BOnd futures here for a break over 108.00 and the 10 year yields to fall below 49.75...

very bullish for the whole market if you ask me despite all the jawboning about higher rates and inflation...

GOOG trigger like the 400 calls. BIDU 89.50

Like these big potatoes here. BIDU calls later in the session to add to upside in position.

SNDK short in play again after 52.50 broke looking below 50

SNDK looking like a longer term short as it closed below the 200 day moving average yesterday. VOLUME INCREASES on the pullbacks.

A beautiful short signal from the mighty VWAP engine resulted in $ $2230 profit. Muchas Gracias Mr market.

I still have 1500 short which i will be dumping as soon as I hit my daily target or I get a cover signal from the Exhaustion Engine. As i am typing this my pos run into + $ 2545 MA MA MIA I only been trading 30 min by the way

grey1

Attachments

• joyg.jpg
    joyg.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 219
Update

Out of JOYG with $2606 up .I be back later when the big boys come back with loads of $$$ in their hands to play the market. Some one got to take their money .

Grey1

Attachments

• joug1.jpg
    joug1.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 193
Awesome play Grey1! Plucked BRCM short 29.70.

Grey1 said:
A beautiful short signal from the mighty VWAP engine resulted in $ $2230 profit. Muchas Gracias Mr market.

I still have 1500 short which i will be dumping as soon as I hit my daily target or I get a cover signal from the Exhaustion Engine. As i am typing this my pos run into + $ 2545 MA MA MIA I only been trading 30 min by the way

grey1
GOOG 2 good intraday moves but holding 380 puts and 400 calls If GOOG moves below 387 will increase put position once again. QQQQ 39 puts (QQQRM) in play here.

Last edited:
HOV "swing short" new target 28.50 with PHM 27.50.

eurotrader52 said:
GOOG 2 good intraday moves but holding 380 puts and 400 calls If GOOG moves below 387 will increase put position once again. QQQQ 39 puts (QQQRM) in play here.
Builders are a little low here so profits should be cleared off the table by a potential 2:00 recovery.

Grey1 said:

grey1

Wow! Your great...

GOOG 380 puts up another points (5.40 to 6.50) early $0.50 gain on 400 calls

eurotrader52 said:
Builders are a little low here so profits should be cleared off the table by a potential 2:00 recovery.
I do not trade GOOG the stock because there is no way I can make the gains as you can from the options. GOOG puts might be a HOLD through the end of the session while taking some off the table (25 contracts + 10 from last night)

Covered partial BRCM short @ 29.12 holding half for more downside

eurotrader52 said:
I do not trade GOOG the stock because there is no way I can make the gains as you can from the options. GOOG puts might be a HOLD through the end of the session while taking some off the table (25 contracts + 10 from last night)
Goodbye SNDK and BRCM!! Should have taken some BIDU puts didn't have time.

HOV... PHM and SLB dead in the water. "Hovering" over an abyss

:cheesy: Goodbye HOV and PHM "new 52-week lows". I would be holding those SLB puts even as it hit target.

what a great day .. Am I right to say trading is easier than breathing if you know how ?

grey1

Attachments

• joy3.jpg
    joy3.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 188
  • joyg32.jpg
    joyg32.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 182
Grey1 said:
what a great day .. Am I right to say trading is easier than breathing if you know how ?

grey1
Couldn't agree more...

Whatever your market, once you know them, they become very easy, still learning the NASDAQ stocks but currencies (my forte) are a licence to print money (so to speak), great trading Grey1.

Keep going Grey1 downside is unlimited here. BRCM and SNDK rallies being sold

Grey1 said:

grey1
If the predominant trend in the NQ's and market internals are very negative I would not take profits short on even small bear flag "rallies" They are being SOLD INTO so covering only partial positions and letting winners (shorts) run.

Attachments

• SNDK8june.gif
    SNDK8june.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 155
  • BRCMreversal.gif
    BRCMreversal.gif
    12.1 KB · Views: 163
GOOG hold those 380 puts up 2.60 (42%) trading @ 8

eurotrader52 said:
Goodbye SNDK and BRCM!! Should have taken some BIDU puts didn't have time.
GOOG puts up 42% second day of puts in GOOG, even the morning rally (400 calls) had a gain. If you buy puts you won't be panicked at small bear flag intraday rallies... JUST HOLD FOR THE RIDE UP

Covering/closing SLB, PHM and HOV after multi day downside

eurotrader52 said:
:cheesy: Goodbye HOV and PHM "new 52-week lows". I would be holding those SLB puts even as it hit target.
After swing shorts in SLB PHM and HOV looking to cover here with no intention today of further shorting these companies. Flat now any oil service companies and home builders.