Trading NASDAQ stocks with Jerry Olson & Ian Hodgson

Jerry Olson said:
drop by the room when you can and that goes for anyone and everyone...
Thanks for the invite. Time, unfortunately, is a problem at the moment.

Hi Jerry

would love to pop in and have a look at the chat room. where is it? hope its ok for novices

millsy

eurotrader52 said:
Jerry seems you've neglected and abandoned this thread when your "traders" needed you. I was looking forward to another day(s) of frenzied, rabid, fast and furious, impossible to keep up with, scalping again. Did you emigrate back to the United States? :cry:

I read this forum with great interests, some really good traders here. But with all due respect I think its only fair for Jerry to post his P/L as like Grey1.
Eurotrader point is valid. Everyone can make a call, but to show you have taken the trade and the reasons why and to prove it by take a capture of your P&L statement it (Like Grey1 does, great respect to him) is another thing.
I hope to see Jerry posts these so all of us here can learn more.

Jerry I looked at your picuture, Damn man, I didn't know you were that old. But I really do rate you for trading 35 years and still in the game.

Seek and you will find!!
And thanks to Grey1 I have found.

Together with two other traders from this BB, yesterday I spent a fantastic day being coached by Grey1.

The coaching session, which lasted the whole day, took place in Grey1’s own home and several live trades with real money were placed in Grey1’s actual trading room. Grey1's style of trading is relaxed (no HOT stocks to worry about here) and a good profit was made.

In addition to all of this, and before the market opened, Grey1’s beautiful wife prepared lunch for us. Something we had not expected as I think all three of us had brought along our own sandwiches!

All of this was done with absolutely no material gain to Grey1 or his family!!

Grey1 (who by the way has a PhD in AI) explained his techniques completely openly and it was clear to see that his motivation was to ensure that traders who came to him for guidance obtained the best possible advice

To all fellow traders who are looking the best approach to take with their trading I would just say, “Seek and you will find”.

To Grey1, thank you, you are exceptional, both in your trading and in your humanity. I would be honoured if you considered me as a friend.

Went along to see Grey1 also yesterday - WOW
It's all been said by Samtron above - all I can say is that I agree with his comments 101%.

It's a rare thing these days to meet someone who is so willing to freely share, not just knowledge but great hospitality also.
Iraj really is an exceptional person.

Good trading all.

EK1

Simple trader said:
I read this forum with great interests, some really good traders here. But with all due respect I think its only fair for Jerry to post his P/L as like Grey1.
Eurotrader point is valid. Everyone can make a call, but to show you have taken the trade and the reasons why and to prove it by take a capture of your P&L statement it (Like Grey1 does, great respect to him) is another thing.

Jerry I looked at your picuture, Damn man, I didn't know you were that old. But I really do rate you for trading 35 years and still in the game.
Joins today and straight in, finding their way around the forums immediately, posting with apparently some knowledge of other posters and their styles. :rolleyes:

millsy500 said:
Hi Jerry

would love to pop in and have a look at the chat room. where is it? hope its ok for novices

millsy

Hiya Millsy

just send me an e-mail that i cannot post here for TOU

it's on my profile and i'll set you all up

Simple trader said:

Dear ST

i have posted ad nausea my actual P/L's it's toitaly meanigless if you ask me and stopped it for now.

i can post when time permits what i am doing in the real time room..

that is my choice for now...

you have a good day ok?

EK1 said:
Went along to see Grey1 also yesterday - WOW
It's all been said by Samtron above - all I can say is that I agree with his comments 101%.

It's a rare thing these days to meet someone who is so willing to freely share, not just knowledge but great hospitality also.
Iraj really is an exceptional person.

Good trading all.

EK1

My thanks to all of you for attending my coaching session . I managed to win over $600 in no time and just before the close I fancied another trade to give me a daily bread of $858.

It was great to be able to get my message across regarding risk management. Some thing that is very difficult to demonstrate on the BB and need live demonstration .

Smarthon
You are nearly there as far as trading is concerned , Your questions were spot on and rather relevant ...

EK

Just like Smarthon , if you sort out your Trade station , you be a head and shoulder above the rest using the Exhaustion engine . Di d you watch SNDK rallying just before close. SNDK will also gap up today at open as we thought it would . Easy peasy .

Trade333

My man .. you finished most of my sentences implying that you were way ahead of many other traders. Nice one.

All in all another day another $.

Grey1

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    522.9 KB · Views: 229
TheBramble said:
Joins today and straight in, finding their way around the forums immediately, posting with apparently some knowledge of other posters and their styles. :rolleyes:

Tony

tipical eh?

kako said:
Hi

Could i ask both of you, jerry and euro to be more reasonable and polite? i think we're missing the point of this threads and whole BB. Jerry: none of this threads are dedicated to anybody, and restricted for others, etc. also euro: here's not a place for endless debates. your analysis are most welcome, i appreciate them. all of us(who can't or don't contribute and just watching) are grateful, for any analysis, calls, useful post.... , but this attitude will ruin the purpose of the thread.
i do ask both of you, to kindly remember the purpose of this BB, and change the attitude. i hope this post don't add to the flame, as i have exactly the opposite intentions. ;)

Best Regards
Kako

HI Kako

i started this thread months ago for the purpose of showing newbies the ropes. i certainly do not need people trying to ankle bite all day long with incessant bulls***t pertaining to me and what i do and say.

this person has an agenda and we all here know what it is...so i just pass by the posts now and ignore the noise. becuase it has zero merit..now you can chosse to do what you wish...

best to you

Market's are in a time of flux

Many internal indicators are still negative right now. The break on P&F on the DJIA targets 10,700-650 area or a full 10% correction.

The FED has said all it can about fighting inflation, ok enough already we get it.

Bonds are rallying and that's a good thing.

If the Gold Futures break 630 the plunge could be massive.

All and all this is the time to be prudent with your money and trading capital.

we have not seen the lows just yet.

good luck

Jerry Olson said:
Many internal indicators are still negative right now. The break on P&F on the DJIA targets 10,700-650 area or a full 10% correction.

The FED has said all it can about fighting inflation, ok enough already we get it.

Bonds are rallying and that's a good thing.

If the Gold Futures break 630 the plunge could be massive.

All and all this is the time to be prudent with your money and trading capital.

we have not seen the lows just yet.

good luck

Jerry,

There is a technique in day trading which comes under High frequency strategies. This technique more and less eliminates the importance of market direction and i managed to demonstrate that LIVE yesterday . The advantage of this technique is that a trader's faith is independent of any market movement . Another name for this technique is " Time frame slicing . "

Grey1

Good Morning everyone

We certainly do not live in a perfect world right? When it comes to trading or investing during times of duress and bearishness is makes people feel bad actually. The consumer is always scared when they see headlines that are negative, especially about interest rates. It takes them out of the equation with gasoline prices soaring, consumer goods and services starting to accelerate higher and higher. Without John Q. Public staying in the game, buying houses, durable goods, cars etc it will without a doubt slow this economic expansion as we move thru the next half of the year. Then while we had a small upside rally yesterday at the and of the trading session, I checked the Point & Figure charts and did not like what I saw there. The charts plain and simply are deteriorating albeit grudgingly that's for sure. Support areas are getting taken out as we speak. That happened yesterday for the DJIA as it broke the 11,000 support line under severe selling pressure. Downside target looks like 10,650 or 1000 points down from the recent highs in a fast and furious 10% correction. I am expecting a bounce here we are oversold and look like a re test of the latest rally highs of 1286.00 SPX. This index is the last hurrah for me, if it breaks 1240 then 1170 will come into play very quickly. So while I am feeling we are making a bottom here, that may be delayed if we continue to break down. If you have protected yourself over the last 2 months then you're going to be fine. I have not added one dime to my IRA's or long term stock portfolio's as yet. The semiconductor sector is so weak right now there's little chance for a solid tech rally any time soon. ON the SOX index if we take out 450 we are heading much lower and that looks like a given since there is little traction in the sector now. We do have TXN & NSM this week with mid Q update and earnings for NSM so we'll see what they say about business. Let's see what we look like at the end of this week because many eco reports come out next week options expiration on the 16th. Until then please be ultra cautious with your trading capital.

eurotrader52 said:
Here is an article from a hedge fund manager which was reprinted in TheStreet.com

"Talk about intellectual-litigation opportunities.

We have recently built a position in Kinetic Concepts (KCI :NYSE - news - research - Cramer's Take), a medical-device company embroiled in patent litigation with an upstart competitor. The stock is down by more than 50% and sports a market-value loss of about $3 billion from its peak. We think that the odds that KCI prevails in litigation are high. They have won five similar suits in the past few years in the United States and recently successfully defended their patent estate in Europe.

The shares can be had for about 14 times what we believe the company will earn in 2006, and, looking further out, roughly 10 times 2008 earnings power. We expect that the company will prevail in court, but on the odd chance it doesn't, we like its international patent protection, its dominant industry leadership position and the large additional market opportunity ahead of it."

During trials and potential mergers (even rumors of mergers) if you keep your finger on the market pulse and with a little research, you can make good money.

it has little to do with intraday scalping...

we do not use FA for anything that's nothing but noise

we trade only the charts they do not lie...

Grey1 is a hard act to follow. In my experience in the US and London markets...

samtron said:
Seek and you will find!!
And thanks to Grey1 I have found.

Together with two other traders from this BB, yesterday I spent a fantastic day being coached by Grey1.

The coaching session, which lasted the whole day, took place in Grey1’s own home and several live trades with real money were placed in Grey1’s actual trading room. Grey1's style of trading is relaxed (no HOT stocks to worry about here) and a good profit was made.

In addition to all of this, and before the market opened, Grey1’s beautiful wife prepared lunch for us. Something we had not expected as I think all three of us had brought along our own sandwiches!

All of this was done with absolutely no material gain to Grey1 or his family!!

Grey1 (who by the way has a PhD in AI) explained his techniques completely openly and it was clear to see that his motivation was to ensure that traders who came to him for guidance obtained the best possible advice

To all fellow traders who are looking the best approach to take with their trading I would just say, “Seek and you will find”.

To Grey1, thank you, you are exceptional, both in your trading and in your humanity. I would be honoured if you considered me as a friend.

... the traders who are willing to trade in real time in an open trading desk set up is rare. These are the traders worthy of emulating. Teaching others to trade gratis shows a passionate love of trading and a willingness to SHARE that knowledge. Posting actual trades and techniques CONSISTENTLY provides TRUST, HONESTY and ADMIRATION which, unfortunately, is so compromised in the field of daytrading.

Last edited: