Trading NASDAQ stocks with Jerry Olson & Ian Hodgson

GOOG accelerated downside 390 puts now 7.50

Added GOOG 380 puts at a smaller premium (3.60) which might be taken home here if GOOG coninues to the 385 area.

What a boring day , the stocks are all range bound, Market oscillates with in a few points . Esignal data stopped coming in for a few min which threw VWAP engine into confusion . I am all CASH and waiting for the world cup match to start. if the market picks up i might play short Low relative strength stocks if not then I might just stay cash

Up $ 367 which is far from my daily target .

Grey1

Attachments

• boring.jpg
    boring.jpg
    656.2 KB · Views: 234
AAPL breaking intraday consolidation to downside looking for 59 as first target.

AAPL looks like an accident waiting to happen look at my prior charts for different exit targets.

QQQQ short trigger 38.40 looking for QQQQ to retest 37.75

Grey1 said:
What a boring day , the stocks are all range bound, Market oscillates with in a few points . Esignal data stopped coming in for a few min which threw VWAP engine into confusion . I am all CASH and waiting for the world cup match to start. if the market picks up i might play short Low relative strength stocks if not then I might just stay cash

Up $ 367 which is far from my daily target .

Grey1
well the short plays will probably accelerate downside stopped out MRVL

T-I-I-I-I-I-IMBER.... GOOG, AAPL followed by QQQQ

Added the 380 puts (GOPRP) just before the break below the 390 consolidation area, still holding a position of 390 puts(GOPRR) as well (more expensive so these might be cashed in by the end of the session) Volume exploded in the 390 puts t about 6,664 (to sucessfully trade options in high priced stocks volume of options should be above 250 and ideal would be above 500. BIDU puts for example are only 253 volume and I'm not into shorting this today so no play there for m.

Speak of devil ,, market moved so did my VWAP signal .. Up already $904. ma ma mia .

What can I say ? UP around $ 10 000 this week

Attachments

• slb.jpg
    slb.jpg
    563.8 KB · Views: 195
GOOG 390 puts over, playing with the 380, locked AAPL 59.34 (3/4)

Grey1 said:
Speak of devil ,, market moved so did my VWAP signal .. Up already $904. ma ma mia .

What can I say ? UP around $ 10 000 this week

You made fabulous gains and with little effort and no "trading room". I'm waiting until companies start reporting later this month and next month for more gains on oversold stocks. ACCELERATED MOMENTUM of the earnings runs (i.e. like today's gap 'n snap with NSM). Wonder what the VWAP engine would give during the season! (Like a custom-made Ferrari probably)

QQQQ, GOOG to close on lows Holding 380 puts and partial short QQQQ

Lovely day for GOOG. Looking for continuing downside on Monday and will play accordingly also 95% in cash, the GOOG puts barely touches available trading cash. Market internals are pretty dismal. SHORTING RALLIES IS THE easier way to play this market. Only NSM was really good long ( a stop out in earlier position in MRVL changed any plans I had for upside in this market)

Last edited:
Net % gain 32% and 31%: GOOG June 390 put 32.25%; GOOG 380 put 31%

GOOG let's look for lower prices going forward. To repeat what I posted early last night, (see my chart on GOOG) We don't give a darn about a yearly or daily chart, we are looking at the intraday chart (up to 60 minutes for our resistance/support areas longer term trading) On Thursday, GOOG was easily a 2-trend day, today the prevailing trend was STRONGLY DOWN so any upside was soon shorted into. Nasdaq stocks in general were trading like GOOG (QQQQ and GOOG trading similarly) so any strategies to trade GOOG worked similar to other volatile high delta nasdaq stocks.

Attachments

• GOOG2daytrade.gif
    GOOG2daytrade.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 60minGOOG.gif
    60minGOOG.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 176
SNDK 53-57 "rally around this area" suggest NO LONGER TERM SHORT YET

I would love to just pick up the 50 puts July for SNDK and slide into the july 24th earnings report date, but it can NOT BE DONE. SNDK is such a good "trending stock" that I would ignore bald face general remarks such as "SNDK IS GOING TO 45-50" or so even as the SNDK daily/weekly chart is pointing to that area. We all know longer term projections are not worth the paper they are written on. Markets rally and pull back on a dime, so I would and will be trading SNDK on the 3 and 5 minute chart and looking generally to SHORT RALLIES but would expect the overhead resistance area of 53 to lend its way to a possibly "dead cat bounce" rally into the 57 area. If SNDK makes it to 57, it should be an EXCELLENT shortable candidate back to 50 and lower. Remember we can NOT long term short here because earnings of these companies are just 5-6 weeks away.

Attachments

• SNDKbounce.gif
    SNDKbounce.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 164
CTX waiting with zeal to short the rally in this sector

The building sector has been an awesome short for months and CTX is still overpriced at these levels. I would expect traders to use any upside here to short and/or pick up the puts.

Attachments

• CTXshort.gif
    CTXshort.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 162
MLM don't get caught "short" before early August earnings but....

MLM has risen "bubble" commmodity atmosphere. The sector should continue to drop for a while however I would NOT be short in front of the August 3rd earnings report. Looks like a great opportunity for further shorting on the intraday chart. Options puts are a great way to short this BUBBLY commodity.

Attachments

• MLMpullback.gif
    MLMpullback.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 194
Some Musings For The Week

Good Morning all

Gentle Ben will be yappin his mouth off 3 times this week get ready folks. I think the word "INFLATION" is the most over used word in the english language these days.

Some interesting developments in a lot of charts.

As posted here about 1 week or so ago i called the Buck higher and the Euro lower. Well the Dollar has broken a triple top on P&F and the Euro has broken a triple bottom. 1.25 is the near term target for the Euro and 88.00 is the upside move for the buck.

GC Futures(gold) this was an accident waiting to happen as advertised right here many weeks ago at the top. I have a donwside target of 568 on the chart . I did say that all commodities were ready to get murdered since the hedge funds had it all wrong.

Crude for July the CL N6 broke a spread triple bottom at 69.50 and has rallied back up, it looks like a short if you ask me with a downside target of 68.00.

Many of the internal indicators i am watcing are coming down very fast on P&F. I would suggest that the next FOMC at 27-28th of June could be a turning point in the whole market. June historically is a lousy month for stocks, and the week post opex is horrendous as well. But we will have the EOM -BOM buying opportunity as the funds will window dress the last week in June and usually the first 10 days of July are strong.

The surprise index right now on the bullish percent front is the NDX. That chart has reversed back up from oversold levels, that are historical levels that produces a nice counter trend rally setting up shortly.

The bond market has started a nice rally now tyring to show the FED where it needs to go. Yields have moved below 5% on the 10 year and that's always good too. Despite Fed Funds Futures predicting an 85% chance of a rate hike at the June FOMC, the bond market is showing us the money saying they are not worried about inflation, they are worried about a slowing economic picture for the 2nd half of this year.

This week we have the PPI & CPI along with a host of other market moving reports along with the mere fact it' triple witching op ex week too, and what with all the Fed governors yappin and flappin there mouths off it makes for a wild and crazy week.

So keep your powder dry you investors out there fire sale prices are on the way.

As for us dayteraders make sure yoou ALWAYS check the DAILY CANDLE CHARTS for supports and resistance areas each morning using fibo retrace and projections. It helps to see where the stocks indexs and futures are ranging all the time on a daily basis.

Have a great trading week all

we live in interesting times eh?....................................................... :cheesy:

An easy start of the week . $1275 up in no time . My Salute goes to Risk management .

Grey1

Attachments

• onceagain.jpg
    onceagain.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 187
GOOG 380 puts looking for 380; QQQQ puts heading up nicely

Locking in the 390 puts on Friday an exchanging them for the cheaper 380 was a good "technical analysis" strategy. GOOG continues down. Near time target is 382 (where once again a part of the position will be locked into) and ultimate short term target now 380. Watch the 5 minute chart as main chart with the 3 minute and 60 minute as confirmation charts.

SNDK another short below 52.50 now holding 50 puts for June.

See my SNDK chart. I would have liked to take the July puts but SNDK is destined to bounce on any market "dead cat bounce" so only taking one step at a time. Next target for downside is 50 and then 45 but I'm expecting as I posted last night at some point there will be a shortable rally in the stock so it's not a "put away and forget it" short.

MLM (chart posted last night) continued short will pick up 80 puts after covering

MLM short (@ 83.76 continued to see this bubble implode. Only thing we have to be concerned with is NOT TO BE SHORT ANYWHERE NEAR early August earnings. Otherwise shorting rallies here or just plain shorting. Who cares if the market ever recovers? SHORTING this market for the past month has been the smart and profitable way to trade. Trading the intraday charts on particularly volatile or 'bubble" stocks has proven that good traders trade any direction, up or down. The point is being on top of the PREVAILING TREND and not wishing and waiting for the trend to reverse itself.

What I would love ideally is to see the markets continue to bite back considerably, up to the earnings season, where we will have 'bubbles" deflated for more upside after and into the earnings run of their respective earnings reports (i.e. MLM etc).

Last edited:
Grey 1 has moved from SEMI to OIL Stocks . SO have many other fund managers. There has been a sector rotation in the market as the SEMI stock have been beaten badly to go short from here. The reward does notjustify the risk .

up $ $2806 . Not bad for 40 min work .

I wont be trading the consolidation but boy i be back to kick hell out of OIL stocks at around 7 UK time .

As Delboy said to Rodney . This time next year I be .......

Grey1

Attachments

• beautiful.jpg
    beautiful.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 2,131
Grey1 said:
Grey 1 has moved from SEMI to OIL Stocks . SO have many other fund managers. There has been a sector rotation in the market as the SEMI stock have been beaten badly to go short from here. The reward does notjustify the risk .

up $ $2806 . Not bad for 40 min work .

I wont be trading the consolidation but boy i be back to kick hell out of OIL stocks at around 7 UK time .

As Delboy said to Rodney . This time next year I be .......

Grey1

oppsss The trades

Attachments

• beauty1.jpg
    beauty1.jpg
    588.9 KB · Views: 194