Best Thread Trading Naked

Quick question Andy. Looking at you T1 and T2 from this morning, would you have put your T1 stop to break even at the same time as T2 triggered?

Day is nearly about to end and my final T9 I managed it in a different way i.e. trailing stops behind the swing low(in this case) giving enough breathing space. I have ended my day in profit which is quite not very often.
Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Attachments

• gbpjpy.gif
    gbpjpy.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 245
  • gbpjpy3.gif
    gbpjpy3.gif
    23.9 KB · Views: 233
Day is nearly about to end and my final T9 I managed it in a different way i.e. trailing stops behind the swing low(in this case) giving enough breathing space. I have ended my day in profit which is quite not very often.
Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Nice one Paul!!!

Were you adding at T5, T6 and T7? If so that's a pretty epic run up :)

Quick question Andy. Looking at you T1 and T2 from this morning, would you have put your T1 stop to break even at the same time as T2 triggered?

Hi Rob

at the time in the moment .......

I moved Stop to presumed swing low at 62 ..10:20 for T1 and T2 ..10:40 bar triggered T2

so Stop went from 20pts to 10pts the pair = same risk approx

sat on hands and watched .....very relaxed because papertiger :)

was infact waiting for my own setup this morning and killing time Rob .... like I told you previously I am usually on the other end of your trades ....... depending on things and other stuff :)

Andy

Last edited:
Nice one Paul!!!

Were you adding at T5, T6 and T7? If so that's a pretty epic run up :)

Thanks Rob,
I added on to T5 because I had some kind of hindsight telling me that 148.00 is broken above and now there is a good chance of an uptrend, but @ T6 I didn't add, yes @ T7 I was able to add.
As you know adding bit was never my strongest point. I think its because I have never traded that way but I completely agree with you on that point. (thanks for the headsup btw).
Hope you had a nice day..
Cheers!
Paul

Hi Rob

at the time in the moment .......

I moved Stop to presumed swing low at 62 ..10:20 for T1 and T2 ..10:40 bar triggered T2

so Stop went from 20pts to 10pts the pair = same risk approx

sat on hands and watched .....very relaxed because papertiger :)

was infact waiting for my own setup this morning and killing time Rob .... like I told you previously I am usually on the other end of your trades ....... depending on things and other stuff :)

Andy

Hi Andy,

Just been re-reading this and looking at the charts again and it all looks great to me. I think the only thing I am very strict about is making sure that if I start out the journey with say 1% capital risk, that I never exceed this as the maximum drawdown limit.

It may sound strange to say this but I find the simplicity of those charts with a few lines on them mesmerising :)

bye for now

Rob

I had 2 trades this morning, using fixed targets.

1st got stopped for a small +

2nd hit target for +25

:clap:

Attachments

• cable 1 min.gif
    cable 1 min.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 267
I had 2 trades this morning, using fixed targets.

1st got stopped for a small +

2nd hit target for +25

:clap:

Nice going Vinnie!!! Am I right in thinking that T2 was using a mid point on the pullback from the previous HrH?

Nice going Vinnie!!! Am I right in thinking that T2 was using a mid point on the pullback from the previous HrH?

I have a confession to make....I have an indicator on my chart:eek:

i'm using the dots on the chart for entry on both trades, they are simmiler to parabolic sar and help me stay on the right side of things whilst my eyes adjust to the nakedness:whistling

I may never remove them (like wearing speedoes at the beach):LOL:

Good Morning guys,
Just one trade so far, gave me roughly 70 pips but see I left it on the table. Waiting for T2 to trigger and confirm the uptrend.

Attachments

• gbpjpy3.gif
    gbpjpy3.gif
    23.2 KB · Views: 257
The last 2 trades would have made much more if i did not have a fixed target in placeand i let PA tell me when to get out but....the pips bagged have given me a much needed confidence boast and removing the fixed target is the next stage of trade management i will need to work on.

Attachments

• cable 1 min.gif
    cable 1 min.gif
    15 KB · Views: 226
t4 on the way down another 25 in the bag:clap:

Attachments

• cable 1 min.gif
    cable 1 min.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 206
Great one Vinnie and completely agree re chop chop time.

Here's my chart from this morning...

cable m5 091021 - 1104.gif

All the best

Rob

79 in total which I know pales in comparison o what was on offer today but i will run with the fixed target for this week and next untill i get a feel for more discrtionary exits.

I notice your trades were on the 1-min.
Will you be using 1-mins all the time, or was today good because you got tight entries and a good strong trend?
Thta sniper-stop is pretty neat, isnt it! (y)
Whats really funny, is that its being used in a way it wasnt designed for! :cheesy:

I got my daily 60-pipper so I am happy, but, as you say, more was available.
Good stuff all round it seems.

Here's my chart from this morning...

View attachment 66434

All the best

Rob

Nice trades Rob, when you annotate with 'TP' such as 'TP1' did you exit your position here? I don't quite understand as at one point you say TP1+68 and another T1 +116, is this second one just what you could have made had you not exited earlier?

Mitch

Nice trades Rob, when you annotate with 'TP' such as 'TP1' did you exit your position here? I don't quite understand as at one point you say TP1+68 and another T1 +116, is this second one just what you could have made had you not exited earlier?

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

Sorry - it isn't particularly clear. When I enter trades I always enter with multiple entries. One has a fixed target and the other one is left to run. The fixed targets are a multiple of risk (to pay for my stops), although, more and more I am looking to support and resistance levels, round numbers etc. at key places to take half off the table. The TP1 was actually an error, as I forgot to set a TP (big mistake). Anyway, by the time I noticed that I still had 2 positions on (when there should have only been 1) I did what I always do when I make a mistake and hit the panic button.

All the best

Rob

P.S. If you've read the beginning of Feb's thread you'll know about the 20/20 and 20/40 rules, and my scaling was/ sometimes is based on that as well

Last edited:
P.S. If you've read the beginning of Feb's thread you'll know about the 20/20 and 20/40 rules, and my scaling was/ sometimes is based on that as well

I seem to remember you posting his thread before but I can't find it, any chance of throwing it here again? :)

I notice your trades were on the 1-min.
Will you be using 1-mins all the time, or was today good because you got tight entries and a good strong trend?
Thta sniper-stop is pretty neat, isnt it! (y)
Whats really funny, is that its being used in a way it wasnt designed for! :cheesy:

I got my daily 60-pipper so I am happy, but, as you say, more was available.
Good stuff all round it seems.

Hey Trendie,

I will be using 1 min all the time, its how i managed to finally see what kite sees.

Yes loving the sniper stop(and reverse) and the 25 point target was designed with choppier days in mind so i'm hoping that it will lock in profits on days where i would be giving most back.

Eventually i'll probably move to a two tier approach taking half at 25 and letting the rest run its course.

Last edited:
Elefteros, I'm finding the 1m a lot easier to trade off too.

At the moment I'm just moving stops as aggressively as possible and then exiting when i see price action which shows weakness in my direction. I like the idea of having a fixed TP though as it would be ideal on those choppier days. Something I might look at in the future is closing 1/2 or 2/3 at a fixed point target and then manage the remainder manually, trailing behind most recent lows.

What is the 'sniper stop'?

Mitch