Trading Naked - Part 2

I'm in, I think that makes it at least 9, private group would be an excellent idea imo.

I'm in, I think that makes it at least 9, private group would be an excellent idea imo.

Cool - that means we only need one more and we're up and running! Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Bye for now

Rob

Right, I have emailed the powers that be at T2W HQ so hopefully we should be able to get something going reasonably soon. I do have some ideas on guidelines for the new thread but not sure if I should wait to see if we are 'approved' before jotting them down anywhere? Vaco - any idea what the form is?

From reading the guidlines I believe a thread can be started in the private forum section detailing forum name, guidlines, admins etc.

Other then that If you have sent all the required info in your email then just wait for a response.

Do you think that going private is a good idea? I realise that some insulting posts can be avoided but, as Tim says, a journal can block unwanted posters. Private threads usually mean a reduced group. I've been in one and, frankly, I ended up outside again.

Do you think that going private is a good idea? I realise that some insulting posts can be avoided but, as Tim says, a journal can block unwanted posters. Private threads usually mean a reduced group. I've been in one and, frankly, I ended up outside again.

You sound awfully similar to Gordon Brown... :p

In all seriousness though, I do see what you are saying. Making the thread totally private would limit potentially interesting or useful people posting... perhaps a blog where we can post but if there is someone else who wants to join in they could PM BT?

In the end it's all up to Rob.

You sound awfully similar to Gordon Brown... :p

In all seriousness though, I do see what you are saying. Making the thread totally private would limit potentially interesting or useful people posting... perhaps a blog where we can post but if there is someone else who wants to join in they could PM BT?

In the end it's all up to Rob.

Heaven forbid!

seems like your a bit off the pace just like gordo too.

took a while to come up with that response split:whistling

Was there a misunderstanding?

My reply was about GB-----not the last sentence referring to Rob.

hawk insults split

split responds an hour later

thats a bit slow

just like gordo

what is it they say in those old mafia movies, 'forget about it'

hawk insults split

split responds an hour later

thats a bit slow

just like gordo

what is it they say in those old mafia movies, 'forget about it'

:LOL:

It was only a silly joke, no insult intended, Split!! I just thought it was funny regarding the private bit, sounded like GB talking about the NHS.

Hi all, fantastic thread so far, made for very interesting reading, not ploughed all the way through yet but certainly given me food for thought.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this post but I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to offer me a little advice. I've not been terribly successful so far with my trading. Having been doing this for three years now I have decided to take it more seriously. I've done away with all my indicators and 'systems' and all the other bells and whistles on my chart and am now just using s/r. The way I've been entering a trade is thus;

Long: price touches or breaks support level but closes above this level indicates a possible long on the opening of the next candle.

Short: price touches or breaks resistance level but closes below this level indicates a possible short on the opening of the next candle.

I hope that makes sense to people, I've posted a chart that might explain it a bit better.

This to me sounds too simple that's my only fear. Also I'm not sure if I've mastered s/r levels yet which is kinda key to my plan!!

I'm sorry if this seems like the schoolboy asking the teacher to check his homework but not knowing any other traders this is my haven for knowledge!

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• setup.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 220
try reading the Trading naked threads.
Hi Vaco, thanks for the answer, I don't mean to be rude. I was asking that question meaning where did thread starter, or anyone using this approach learn from, in an organized way. Browsing through forum seems to be ideas all over the places, didn't know what is right, what is wrong, etc...

If there is a place(book, class, series of video, whatever) to train this method in an organized way, I am interested to know.

Thanks again.

Beachtrader learnt to trade from the james666 thread over on forex factory amonsgt other places, however i'm afraid you will not find what you are looking for.

You need to absorb the 'ideas' on the forums and then create your own system/rules for trading. Thats the nature of the beast and you need to learn for yourself through trial and error.

There are no shortcuts.

That is fine, but for the argument sake, I am not looking for shortcut. :)

Do you mind giving me the link for james666 thread? I did search, can't find anything. or did you mean james16 group, or did you mean Feb2865?

Thank you very much for your kind reply. Thumbs up!