Trading ftse futures

Hi

Is anyone using the MEL functionality in J-Trader for spreading Indexes?

I've got a screen from GNI but still unsure of the merits of this spreading functionality.

Advice needed!

FTSE March 3725's

I am a first timer about to trade FTSE index futures. I have been recommended to go to ADM to trade with but am still looking to see who offers the best support package.
Have been tracking the index by watching it through LIFFE on a delay. Dont understand how a strike closes at say 3. The next morming the board shows the close was 1.5 but the LIFFE sheet from the day before shows it closed at 3seems stops are hit when when the market is closed and jumps back before the opening. Am I missing something.

Also as I am truely a beginner: what are three good signals to watch to enter and leave a FTSE indsex position

Hellu Edu2u,

The official hours for Ftse Future are 08.00 'til 16.30. That's the "Official" close. The market then continues 'til 17.30.
Does that help? If you're referring to option settlements, I'm not up on settlement procedure but can find out. They do have some strange ways for settlements.
ps. Just a thought, for a start have a look at some moving averages.
I've played with 21 and 55 for crossovers on 1min Ftse future. Not bad, but you must experiment. Conditions change.

Good luck,

Last edited: